SportsWrath

Shockeys Ankle

Lughead

All tests negative on Shockey's right ankle

NFL.com wire reports

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (Oct. 10, 2006) -- New York Giants Pro Bowl tight end Jeremy Shockey did not break any bones in his right foot or ankle this past weekend against the Washington Redskins.

Shockey underwent a third straight day of testing Tuesday and nothing was found to be wrong, the Giants said.

The soreness in Shockey's foot and ankle and his ability to practice will be assessed on a day-to-day basis in preparation for Sunday's game in Atlanta.

Shockey was forced off the field in Sunday's 19-3 win over Washington with what was described as a foot injury. X-rays after the game did not reveal any broken bones. More tests Monday also found no problem.

Shockey has been playing hurt all season. He sprained his right ankle in the final preseason game and it has limited him in the first four regular season games. The five-year veteran was unable to play for part of the second half and for all of overtime against Philadelphia in Week 2.

Shockey, who created headlines by saying the Giants were outcoached in an embarrassing loss to Seattle on Sept. 24, came into the Washington game after resting the ankle for two weeks. The Giants had a bye after the Seahawks game.

Shockey had one catch against Washington for 13 yards, giving him a dozen this season for 147 yards and a touchdown. The last pass thrown in his direction against Washington came late in the third quarter.

www.nfl.com

All tests negative on Shockey's right ankle

NFL.com wire reports

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (Oct. 10, 2006) -- New York Giants Pro Bowl tight end Jeremy Shockey did not break any bones in his right foot or ankle this past weekend against the Washington Redskins.

Shockey underwent a third straight day of testing Tuesday and nothing was found to be wrong, the Giants said.

The soreness in Shockey's foot and ankle and his ability to practice will be assessed on a day-to-day basis in preparation for Sunday's game in Atlanta.

Shockey was forced off the field in Sunday's 19-3 win over Washington with what was described as a foot injury. X-rays after the game did not reveal any broken bones. More tests Monday also found no problem.

Shockey has been playing hurt all season. He sprained his right ankle in the final preseason game and it has limited him in the first four regular season games. The five-year veteran was unable to play for part of the second half and for all of overtime against Philadelphia in Week 2.

Shockey, who created headlines by saying the Giants were outcoached in an embarrassing loss to Seattle on Sept. 24, came into the Washington game after resting the ankle for two weeks. The Giants had a bye after the Seahawks game.

Shockey had one catch against Washington for 13 yards, giving him a dozen this season for 147 yards and a touchdown. The last pass thrown in his direction against Washington came late in the third quarter.

www.nfl.com

I've been very displeased with Shockey' performance lately, so I say give him a week off, and lets see what Shiancoe can do... nothing permenant just let him rest and become as close to 100% as he can

I've been very displeased with Shockey' performance lately, so I say give him a week off, and lets see what Shiancoe can do... nothing permenant just let him rest and become as close to 100% as he can

Did you watch the game? Shockey was wide open like 4 times during the game and Eli completely missed him. I'm starting to think working out in Miami may not be such a good idea afterall.

Did you watch the game? Shockey was wide open like 4 times during the game and Eli completely missed him. I'm starting to think working out in Miami may not be such a good idea afterall.

Plax ain't doing to bad...

Plax ain't doing to bad...

e also hasn't exactly been tearing it up this year either.

I'm with nem, this working out in miami stuff is starting to look like it's affecting the chemistry on the field.

When he did it a couple years ago i was all for it, i thought it was his way to re focus and re channel. had no idea it would become an every year event. i'm not doubting his work ethic, i'm sure he busts ass, but it definately looks like the timing between his and eli is suffering.

another thing about Shockey is have you seen how many penalties he's been doing? I'm all for starting Shiancoe until Shockey is 100% and can get his head back on to football instead of being a hazard like he's been this year... I love Shock to death, but he needs to do something quick before all us Giant fans turn our back on him

Amani worked out in Vegas, that doesn't look like a problem right now.