SportsWrath

The who cares game?

BlueInCanada

2 minutes ago, mastershake said:

What also would have been nice would have been some decent OL depth, not Neal and Ezeudu who should have been on practice squads.

Why are Neal and Ezeudu even on the roster when they're this useless? Guys were blowing by Ezeudu all night, and the implication by not putting Neal in there I guess is that Neal would only be worse somehow lol?

I think they were worried about switching too many guys and keeping some stability everywhere except the one spot.  Nice in theory but ezeudu just doesn’t allow it apparently 

6 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Speaking of bad play calling, I also love the frequent 2-3 yard pass routes. I mean, they're not even trying for 5-10 or 10-15 anymore.

I love how the first Drew Lock play was a WR screen behind the line of scrimmage....not to Elumeanor's side but to fucking Ezeudu, who we know can't fucking block, lol, for a loss of 1. Even as the Eagles are sitting in prevent defense with backups, we can't get a 1st down, lol.

Jones is cooked, and Daboll is sub par.

And is Daboll an aggressive coach that goes for it on 4th and whatever from any spot on the field (Cincy) or super conservative coach that takes the 3 on 3rd down with 9 seconds left before half in the red zone (Philly). 

I mean you’re down by two TDs and it was already clear Philly was going to dismantle us. Is three points really going to swing momentum going into the half?  Or was it just to prevent the goose egg?  

15 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I’ll take spectacle at this point!

15 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

This is why I thought it was so important to take a late-round flyer on a QB in the draft.

Fan bases need one of two things to keep watching... success, or hope. If you had a Michael Pratt on the team, sure he'd be raw... but at least you have hope for the second half of the season. Maybe the kid shows you something. Maybe the last three games or ao he really lights it up. Oh, he sucks? Well it was only a sixth-rounder, and it was a fun eight weeks.

What the fuck reason does the fanbase have to watch the second half of the season now? 2-5, three losses in the division and another in the conference. Maybe you tune in for Tommy DeVito but that's more for the spectacle than hope.

Are you not entertained...?

14 hours ago, jranieli said:

Mary Mother of GOD.  A clear indictment of the last 3 years of the DJ era.  Let us move onto next season.  Who will be available at our number 6-8 in the draft or in free agency?  I am so over this lost season.

I think at this point the Giants may have to employ the old Knicks strategy of hiring Pat Riley during the hey days of the 80s and early 90s by hiring Belicheat (Belichick) who was the real architect of the Giants defense that won two Superbowls in 1986 (21) and 1990 (25).  They keep trying to catch lightning in a bottle from the Patriots and now Buffalo.  Maybe the parts all came together in those places and not enough parts to make it happen here.  So get a football legend that will make or break a franchise into his own image.  What do they have to lose at this point.  By the way an established coach will be better positioned to tell the Baby Mara to drop dead.  We need more of that.

11 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I think at this point the Giants may have to employ the old Knicks strategy of hiring Pat Riley during the hey days of the 80s and early 90s by hiring Belicheat (Belichick) who was the real architect of the Giants defense that won two Superbowls in 1986 (21) and 1990 (25).  They keep trying to catch lightning in a bottle from the Patriots and now Buffalo.  Maybe the parts all came together in those places and not enough parts to make it happen here.  So get a football legend that will make or break a franchise into his own image.  What do they have to lose at this point.  By the way an established coach will be better positioned to tell the Baby Mara to drop dead.  We need more of that.

Honestly T, Belichick was a horrible analyst of draft talent when he was in New England.  I don't trust that guy at all to fix the franchise. 

It's time for that guy to retire and go away, unless we want the likes Mac Jones and N'Keal Harry on the team.  The fucking guy took COLE STRANGE in round 1 last time he was drafting. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Honestly T, Belichick was a horrible analyst of draft talent when he was in New England.  I don't trust that guy at all to fix the franchise. 

It's time for that guy to retire and go away, unless we want the likes Mac Jones and N'Keal Harry on the team.  The fucking guy took COLE STRANGE in round 1 last time he was drafting. 

Yeah im open to him as a coach but his drafts have been brutal.  Not sure he’s open to being coach only 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Thanks for talking me down Seph.  I just can't take anymore no names here where you have to explain their pedigrees.  Either a top knotch head coach or a great offensive coordinator for a number of years.  These one hit wonders under a god tier head coach or system have to go away.  Thanks for holding my hand.  I still think Belicheat would be an upgrade... but that is thankfully pie in the sky. :TU::laugh:

13 minutes ago, Herc said:

Yeah im open to him as a coach but his drafts have been brutal.  Not sure he’s open to being coach only 

:TU:Thanks Herc.  Just frustrated with the way things are going.  Would support him being a head coach though.  The Giants way of separating the jobs of General Manager and Head Coach may no longer be the way going forward.  Just putting it out there.  They should not grow complacent because that is not the "Giants way."

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Trash media is trash.

"Nabers what happen why aren't you getting the ball"

"Because I suck and I can't get open and the QB is the best QB in the world and he couldnt throw to me because I suck and I can't get seperation and I suck"

I guess is the answer Leonard wants. 

It’s just the modern wide receiver. First, they all think they’re open, always. Second, they are really the only position that is entirely dependent on another player that do not get the benefit of the doubt. 

If a running back who is supposed to be his sucks, fans and the media will say the line sucks. A qb who is supposed to be good sucks, bad line or no weapons. And those positions plus the entire defense has way more control over their own production than WRs.  A WR can get an open every play, but if they don’t throw you the ball, none of the stats that matter look good. The one stat to measure that, the open rate or whatever, just isn’t used enough when forming popular opinions. 

I think we’d all love everyone to be a super humble team player and all that, but considering the contracts out there for WRs, when everything you’re judged by is directly in the hands of one person, yeah I can see the choice to defend yourself to the media. 

Btw - did you see the convo between Saquon and the coach in the 4th qtr? The coach says you are 11 yrds away from your career high - you wanna go and break that record? He says nah - Im good - let the younger guys eat. What a guy, what a team mate and what character and what a loss!

17 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Trash media is trash.

"Nabers what happen why aren't you getting the ball"

"Because I suck and I can't get open and the QB is the best QB in the world and he couldnt throw to me because I suck and I can't get seperation and I suck"

I guess is the answer Leonard wants. 

17 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

It’s just the modern wide receiver. First, they all think they’re open, always. Second, they are really the only position that is entirely dependent on another player that do not get the benefit of the doubt. 

If a running back who is supposed to be his sucks, fans and the media will say the line sucks. A qb who is supposed to be good sucks, bad line or no weapons. And those positions plus the entire defense has way more control over their own production than WRs.  A WR can get an open every play, but if they don’t throw you the ball, none of the stats that matter look good. The one stat to measure that, the open rate or whatever, just isn’t used enough when forming popular opinions. 

I think we’d all love everyone to be a super humble team player and all that, but considering the contracts out there for WRs, when everything you’re judged by is directly in the hands of one person, yeah I can see the choice to defend yourself to the media. 

I agree with the both of you.  Truly I really did not have a problem with what Nabers said.  He is passionate about winning and his stats are depenent on DJ reading defenses and throwing the ball toward him with a purpose in anticipation of him getting open.  He is a young dude who never learned that it is better to say some fluff or be quiet in those situations.  As the power dynamic goes... DJ is on his way out and Nabers will be here for the long term if he does not get too many more murder balls from DJ.  No more of the murder balls that DJ throws in his direction that he makes circus catches to reel in.  It was too be expected that he drops the easy ball against Washington as he was getting murder balls all game.  He bailed out DJ so many times during that game.  Get better QB play and the team will improve.  I know it is rocket science.