SportsWrath

The who cares game?

BlueInCanada

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

If only we had some journeyman QB like Flacco or Minshew.

We'd still have Barkley.

Barkley and Tracy on the same team would be fun to watch, with Nabers.on the outside.

If only we didn't sign an average QB to come stupid fucking contract that's going to get both Schoen and Dabs fired.

If only....

Jesus Holy Christ... this is being married and buried with DJ all over it.  Watch the end of so many NFL careers not being able to see that a Duke QB could not do well in the NFL... who would have thought so. :rolleyes:

Fuck imagine how pissed off Mara must be.

To walk into your GMs office and say "I'm going to loose sleep if we let Barkley go" 

And for the GM to say "it's going to aight!"

It didn't turn out aight. 

Mara gonna fire someone before the season is done calling it now.

:laugh::Popcorn-emot::laugh:

1 hour ago, Virginia Giant said:

No way Shoen and Dabs survive this.  Horrid play and letting Saquon leave, then him signing with the Eagles, and then him having a career game in his first game back.  Mara will let it go to the offseason, but not 2 days into the offseason.  

I still think Mara had a lot to do with the Jones contract.  Shoen really did not have much choice but to sign Jones coming off a playoff win and a reasonable season, and Jones, to his credit (and his agent/s), got the most out of it.  

But the Barkley situation, to a guy like Mara, is a team legacy thing - a guy who's never going to go on the ring of honor.  Again, to Shoen's credit, it was not the wrong decision, this team is not a Saquon Barkley away from competing, but for Mara, if you're going to suck, you do it with a name brand player, especially a likable, good guy type.  

This is akin to the Giants trading that big tier LB Sam Huffto the Washington team back in the early 60's.  He hated the Giants until Wellington Mara took him out to dinner in the 90's and calmed him down.  This smacks of that with Barkley.  The money should have gone to Barkley with DJ getting a taste and a do it for us again without the coach protecting your one read Duke ways.  Let's see it again.  No not enough money... well fucking walk and we bring in a backup.  Never let your people push you.  You should either be heading in that direction yourself.

I remember being told that it's not worth paying a RB 14 million, even when they are worth the money.

Instead it's better to hope that scraps from another team who make half that will be better. 

Yeah a good running back going to a good team plays well—it’s crazy.  Unfortunately it doesn’t prove anything you said here correct 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Herc said:

Yeah a good running back going to a good team plays well—it’s crazy.  Unfortunately it doesn’t prove anything you said here correct 🤷‍♂️

What did I say that was incorrect?

Or is under and over paying for lesser talent a good way to build a team? 

Guess it has been for the Giants the last 12 years so if you want that to continue that's your call.

I'd rather see them win games personally, by keeping talented players on the roster and continuing to build with talent.

To each their own I suppose.

The idea that a bad team shouldnt pay a good running back 14 million dollars isn’t disproven by a good team paying that running back and then beating that bad team.  Its bad logic no matter how much unearned confidence you say it with

1 minute ago, Herc said:

The idea that a bad team shouldnt pay a good running back 14 million dollars isn’t disproven by a good team paying that running back and then beating that bad team.  Its bad logic no matter how much unearned confidence you say it with

And the current product on the field doesn't really disprove that a bad team should let go of its talent for average players because they are cheaper in hopes of making the team better.

The Giants saved a total of 1.1 million in cap hit by letting Barkley go then signing Singletary.

I'm glad we are now a better team because of it.

According to your logic.

9 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

And the current product on the field doesn't really disprove that a bad team should let go of its talent for average players because they are cheaper in hopes of making the team better.

The Giants saved a total of 1.1 million in cap hit by letting Barkley go then signing Singletary.

I'm glad we are now a better team because of it.

According to your logic.

I’m not sure I understand where you’re getting 1.1 million, but regardless we’re pretty much the same level team in either scenario.

the problem is the QB.

This is why I thought it was so important to take a late-round flyer on a QB in the draft.

Fan bases need one of two things to keep watching... success, or hope. If you had a Michael Pratt on the team, sure he'd be raw... but at least you have hope for the second half of the season. Maybe the kid shows you something. Maybe the last three games or ao he really lights it up. Oh, he sucks? Well it was only a sixth-rounder, and it was a fun eight weeks.

What the fuck reason does the fanbase have to watch the second half of the season now? 2-5, three losses in the division and another in the conference. Maybe you tune in for Tommy DeVito but that's more for the spectacle than hope.

Saquon could have run the ball for 300 yards today and it doesn't matter, Schoen did the right thing not signing him. And let's be clear now because Saquon is making it obvious, he didn't want to be here any longer.

Schoen isn't going to win the Jones battle though. Even if Jones plays out of his mind the rest of this season, he's done now. Daboll is done with him. 

And I'll say this now, Daboll and Schoen aren't going anywhere. 

14 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Boo the shit out of him. it gets in his head.

Yeah well - it didnt work. And even after he was actually classy and said hope he doesnt get any more questions about the Giants. If anything, the Giants front office is the one to be blamed. Not Saquon. He actually wanted to be here. The market changed and Giants didnt give him the money.

12 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Well it’s not what I was hoping for, but this is the offense I expected without Thomas.

Yeah - shows the value AT has on this team. But 2 season ending injuries to the lower leg is worrying me now. 

10 hours ago, mastershake said:

The Eagles lose their starting left tackle, and their offense still racks up 28 points no problem.

The Giants lose their starting left tackle, and the offense implodes.

Giants didnt have Barkley.

At what point are we going to talk about Daboll's play calling?? On 7 drives in the 1st half there were 3 handoffs! - THREE! You dont have AT and you are not running the ball with Tracy Jr more?? What were they planning? WTF is this shit? And Jones is getting pasted to the turf every other play and you doing this fuckshit designed QB runs and stuff??? I really dont know what the hell kind of game plan they had in mind!!! Why would you not continue to try and run the ball????

2 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Yeah well - it didnt work. And even after he was actually classy and said hope he doesnt get any more questions about the Giants. If anything, the Giants front office is the one to be blamed. Not Saquon. He actually wanted to be here. The market changed and Giants didnt give him the money.

yeah, Saquon listens to all that noise, but he's also nothing but class. I really do wish nothing but the best for him.

But...when we face off, I'll boooooooo.... and I suspect he understands there's some love in the boos. 

His whole career, and you'll find receipts for this on this board, I've been bitching that with his build, Saquon needs to break out the Earl Campbell moves from time to time. Never really brought that element as a Giant. But against the Giants, now he's suddenly a hard nose runner. ....Okay, I see how it is.

Double-motivation to boo now. Good for him though. That's the biggest thing he's been missing. 

53 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Man Michael Penix Jr would be looking good in blue this year. 

What also would have been nice would have been some decent OL depth, not Neal and Ezeudu who should have been on practice squads.

Why are Neal and Ezeudu even on the roster when they're this useless? Guys were blowing by Ezeudu all night, and the implication by not putting Neal in there I guess is that Neal would only be worse somehow lol?

6 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Yeah - shows the value AT has on this team. But 2 season ending injuries to the lower leg is worrying me now. 

Giants didnt have Barkley.

At what point are we going to talk about Daboll's play calling?? On 7 drives in the 1st half there were 3 handoffs! - THREE! You dont have AT and you are not running the ball with Tracy Jr more?? What were they planning? WTF is this shit? And Jones is getting pasted to the turf every other play and you doing this fuckshit designed QB runs and stuff??? I really dont know what the hell kind of game plan they had in mind!!! Why would you not continue to try and run the ball????

Speaking of bad play calling, I also love the frequent 2-3 yard pass routes. I mean, they're not even trying for 5-10 or 10-15 anymore.

I love how the first Drew Lock play was a WR screen behind the line of scrimmage....not to Elumeanor's side but to fucking Ezeudu, who we know can't fucking block, lol, for a loss of 1. Even as the Eagles are sitting in prevent defense with backups, we can't get a 1st down, lol.

Jones is cooked, and Daboll is sub par.