SportsWrath

Andrew Thomas injured foot...

Sephiroth

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I agree, save these guys for next year... Thomas, Thibs, Nabers... etc.  Don't expose your next level guys to unnecesary beat downs when it is for naught anyway.  Let DJ play with the second stringers and wish him GOD speed young man.  I am alright with this.

You want Jones to count for $23 million against the cap next year?

14 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Is that a jab at me or are you somehow in the same unfortunate situation with your wife?

Lol no it’s true I’ve already gone twice this fall

7 hours ago, Herc said:

For sure.  We weren’t going anywhere anyway, I just hope he doesn’t break down early.  

It’s absolutely concerning. He’s an elite athlete, but multiple lower leg injuries for big guys is a problem. 

Your comment just triggered an old Major League (movie) quote about Dorn being out of the game a while. 

7 hours ago, Herc said:

Lol no it’s true I’ve already gone twice this fall

Thought I posted this here but maybe not... opening weekend morning I tell my wife I'm going to the store to grab some pizza ingredients, wings, and bratwurst. She asks what it's for and I tell her for the football games today.

She says, "I thought we could go apple picking today."

I say back to her, "baby, I love you... but this is opening day for football... which I have been talking about for the past six months... and talking about every day this week... I've had a big cookout literally every opening day we've been together for 13 years... AND I'm the commissioner of a fantasy league that YOU ARE IN to boot.

Where did you get the idea that I would like to go apple picking today?"

I looked up the stats on Ezeudu. So he's played a total of 556 snaps in 2022-2023. 556 snaps is the equivalent to like half a season of football (or maybe like 55% to be more precise), with 7 starts. In that span, he's given up 8 sacks and has had 9 penalties on him.

In other words, if all lineman were like him, their QB would be sacked approximately 80 times per year (5x per game), and there would be 90 OL penalties.

In other words, unless our OL coach somehow turned him around, we're fucked.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

I looked up the stats on Ezeudu. So he's played a total of 556 snaps in 2022-2023. 556 snaps is the equivalent to like half a season of football (or maybe like 55% to be more precise), with 7 starts. In that span, he's given up 8 sacks and has had 9 penalties on him.

In other words, if all lineman were like him, their QB would be sacked approximately 80 times per year (5x per game), and there would be 90 OL penalties.

In other words, unless our OL coach somehow turned him around, we're fucked.

Yeah honestly I think Ezeudu may be worse than Neal, and that's almost humanly impossible.  Schoen really fucked up all the OL in that first draft. 

On 10/16/2024 at 9:51 PM, Sephiroth said:

Thought I posted this here but maybe not... opening weekend morning I tell my wife I'm going to the store to grab some pizza ingredients, wings, and bratwurst. She asks what it's for and I tell her for the football games today.

She says, "I thought we could go apple picking today."

I say back to her, "baby, I love you... but this is opening day for football... which I have been talking about for the past six months... and talking about every day this week... I've had a big cookout literally every opening day we've been together for 13 years... AND I'm the commissioner of a fantasy league that YOU ARE IN to boot.

Where did you get the idea that I would like to go apple picking today?"

It means in lady speak if you loved me you would really do X vibes for sure to me...

20 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:  So this is the tank year without the tank.

I'm still think this season has a level or two worse than what we've seen so far.

A combination of Jones getting put on IR triggering his injury clause of 23 million guaranteed next year and losing Leek/Tracy/Phillips for the year.

Maybe throw in Mara firing Schoen or Dabs.

This season has been cursed yo.

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'm still think this season has a level or two worse than what we've seen so far.

A combination of Jones getting put on IR triggering his injury clause of 23 million guaranteed next year and losing Leek/Tracy/Phillips for the year.

Maybe throw in Mara firing Schoen or Dabs.

This season has been cursed yo.

I want them to sit DJ now and eat the money for this year.  Case closed.  You can't tell me the scrubs they have at QB2 or QB3 are appreciably worse or better than DJ.  You just have to stop this piece meal shit and build for the future.  It started with Young and Perkins in 1979 after The Fumble.  The worst yet best moment in the franchise.  Right now we should be building for the future not for the losses to come now.  We need to ride the tiger and come out on the far shore ready to rumble.  This madness,  Mara needs to stand back give Schoen another year... Daboll perhaps two years and roll the dice.  They will not be appreciably better with a change.  I want Belichick to come home but the game may have passed him by.  Time to just take the gut punch and come out on the other side.  Otherwise another five to ten years of mediocrity.

6 hours ago, Herc said:

It could definitely get worse.  We’ve been pretty competitive despite lots of bad shit going down.  Eventually the players on the field won’t be able to keep up with whatever other disasters are in store for us 

Surely Herc... sometimes you just have to stop and grab some perspective and move on from there.  Stop treating things as  individual seasons  and start seeing things on 3-5 year arcs.

8 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Second straight year our LT gets hurt and the offense literally stops working. 

Yeah....playcalling has a lot to be talked out on this as well...

Just for bitching - Brown can get a push off but Theo Johnson cant get one even though it was lesser than what AJ Brown did??? Ridiculous!