SportsWrath

Someone give this man all the money.

43 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Not starting Neal helps..but yeah...hes a keeper

Kinda wonder what a year under Bricillo does to Neal. 

Maybe he becomes serviceable. 

No pressure on him this year anyways with how Eleumuner has played. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Carmen Bricillo

He took a bottom ranked Oline in one year they now rank top 15+ in all metrics.

Top 5 in pass protection.

What having a competent coach does to a mother fucker eh. 

Yes he has earned his money.  Maybe he can redeem a high round college guy or two?

54 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Kinda wonder what a year under Bricillo does to Neal. 

Maybe he becomes serviceable. 

No pressure on him this year anyways with how Eleumuner has played. 

I second this completely.  I believe Neal has the complete package but needed an established team and a good coach during his first few years in the pros.  On his own he was lost in a mediocre line and coaches who did not know their asses from holes in the ground.  With Bricillo that should change within a year or so.

Bricillo really has them playing together well as a group.  Gone are the days of being completely unable to pick up a stunt or seeing a tackle out on the edge looking around with nobody to block.  His duo concepts are working particularly well. 

I'd like to see Neal in this scheme as well for curiosity's sake, though I have to admit... there's definitely no rush. 

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

I have no desire to see Neal play. 

Nor I.  A shot in a year or two before his rookie deal is up, maybe...to see if there is anything worth keeping before he leaves and ends up excelling somewhere else...but yeah...not worth resigning at this point

Neal had all the physical tools coming out of college. He just couldnt get wrap his head around the NFL level game. Plus the OL coach we had earlier was a dyslexic retard who had made the entire OL look non-existent. With good coaching and teaching of the mental aspects - I think Neal could turn out to be the player we thought when we drafted him. Currently, the entire OL looks to be gelling well together and playing well. Actually both lines and thats been the biggest difference. 

20 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Bricillo really has them playing together well as a group.  Gone are the days of being completely unable to pick up a stunt or seeing a tackle out on the edge looking around with nobody to block.  His duo concepts are working particularly well. 

I'd like to see Neal in this scheme as well for curiosity's sake, though I have to admit... there's definitely no rush. 

For sure bro.  Neal needs to be brought along slowly.  You need a mix on the O line and playing together is the main key.  Everyone has to "know" their own assignments and what everyone has to do.

9 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Neal had all the physical tools coming out of college. He just couldnt get wrap his head around the NFL level game. Plus the OL coach we had earlier was a dyslexic retard who had made the entire OL look non-existent. With good coaching and teaching of the mental aspects - I think Neal could turn out to be the player we thought when we drafted him. Currently, the entire OL looks to be gelling well together and playing well. Actually both lines and thats been the biggest difference. 

I second this... I think he would be a decent reclamation project for a good coach with a decent team.  Not looking at him as a "savior" would be a great thing.  I hope he catches fire here or somewhere else in the AFC hopefully.  He is an object lesson where people find out how different so-called high end college is from what is found in the NFL.