SportsWrath

Local News Jabrill Peppers, New England Patriots captain, arrested on assault and drug charges

jranieli

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/jabrill-peppers-arrest-new-england-patriots-braintree-massachusetts/

BRAINTREE – Jabrill Peppers, New England Patriots safety and team captain, was arrested Saturday on charges that include strangulation and drug possession after an incident in Braintree, Massachusetts.

Braintree police announced Peppers' arrest on Monday

Wow... as a retired substance abuse counselor... drugs take over your life.  Dude needs deep counseling and their are still no guarantees.  These are modern day gladiators.  The owners give them a few million and unleash their entitled (mostly) asses upon the world.  Who did he try to strangle another drug abuser... his wife/girlfriend, relative?  I refuse to read up on it.  A story as old as time.  That and prostitution or doing crazy stuff for some tail.

2 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Wow... as a retired substance abuse counselor... drugs take over your life.  Dude needs deep counseling and there are still no guarantees.  These are modern day gladiators.  The owners give them a few million and unleash their entitled (mostly) asses upon the world.  Who did he try to strangle another drug abuser... his wife/girlfriend, relative?  I refuse to read up on it.  A story as old as time.  That and prostitution or doing crazy stuff for some tail.

Feel sad for the guy. He was great for us. 

usually what would you say is the best way to beat a accidention? Get a hobby?  I find myself drinking to beat boredom.  

18 minutes ago, TrashTalker92 said:

usually what would you say is the best way to beat a accidention? Get a hobby?  I find myself drinking to beat boredom.  

Fuck. Go find some women and fuck your boredom away.

Fuck as often as you can, you'll miss it when you're old. 

1 hour ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Be careful bro... what about getting on the bike and riding?  Leaving all of that free pussy in Thailand must be a bummer.  Liberating to get a lay and not have to put out a few hundred dollars and listen to problems...or past boyfriends.  Unless its your long term, fiancee or wife who really care.  He was one of our own so I will read up on him.  Too bad I am still not in the field as I would really try to help him if I was his counselor.  I believe in tough love and 86 the bullshit.  Pull that on a recently graduated rookie trying to save the world.  Not me.  I had a pretty good long term success rate in not buying the bullshit.  That is what heavy substance abusers need... someone who will listen and not buy the garbage.  They will respect you for it.  You are lost if they see you as a mark.  He needs real help real fast.  Before he loses everything. 

55 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Fuck. Go find some women and fuck your boredom away.

Fuck as often as you can, you'll miss it when you're old. 

1 hour ago, TrashTalker92 said:

I recommend this Trash Talker... go grab some trim and have at it.  Make sure it is the trim that you can discard easily.  You have enough issues and don't need extra right now IMHO.

If you can't get laid all the time, I have a good suggestion for a hobby. Start collecting physical forms of music. Vinyl, Cassette, CD. SACD and especially cassettes are coming back from the grave. 

20 minutes ago, jranieli said:

If you can't get laid all the time, I have a good suggestion for a hobby. Start collecting physical forms of music. Vinyl, Cassette, CD. SACD and especially cassettes are coming back from the grave. 

Get the old Audiophile Magazine or download it.  They are big on physical media.  I hate what we have become with digital media.  Having physical media means that it is yours more than megabytes to terabytes on a computer.  Those sources can be turned off at any time.

18 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Get the old Audiophile Magazine or download it.  They are big on physical media.  I hate what we have become with digital media.  Having physical media means that it is yours more than megabytes to terabytes on a computer.  Those sources can be turned off at any time.

Nothing compares to putting the needle on the record or placing the cd on the tray. I am not a big cassette fan though. It’s funny that a lot of newer artists are putting their stuff on cassette. I just bought a new cd player. Been years since I had one. 

So. I’ve been known to be somewhat of a drinker. I have at times indulged is what I’m saying. 

I’m not saying this is a one stop cure for anyone dealing with addiction. 

but. I’ve drank fewer than a like 6 times since February. A couple mixed drinks and less than 8 beers total. 

Two things. First was getting diagnosed and treated for adhd. A lot of my drinking was a result of “trying to unwind”. I was wound up because every day was a goddamn mental battle of confusion, frustration, guilt, etc. suddenly with that being lifted even a little, I didn’t need to unwind. 

second, I started keto and beer just didn’t fit into the carb count. Even when I learned there is 0 carb beer, I just don’t feel like drinking most of the time. My last beer was right around 4th of July. 

take it for what it’s worth, but I think there is a lot of people undiagnosed neurological disorders that are causing people to turn to substances.   I spent a year laughing off suggestions from my therapist that I had adhd due to a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is-even with him explaining it and me taking all the executive function tests and shit. I mean for fucks sake I started seeing a therapist in the first place because I felt inadequate even though I was killing it at work, had major imposter syndrome. 

Too many unknowns...yes.  But...I do not for the life of me understand how you let this kinda thing happen.

I have been pass out drunk on more than one occasion.  I smoked some pot back in the day, but wasn't my thing.  But needless to say, I have been under influence severely at times.

For me...substances always accentuate what I am feeling.  If I was upset..alcohol got me in a rage.  If I was sad, it made it more intense.  If I was in a good mood and ready to have fun, it was even better.

But at no point did a substance push me to do something completely out of character.  Sure, lines of judgment and decision making are blurred, but I am talking about pushing me to some absurd limit.

I say that...assuming the allegations are true...to illustrate that Peppers is probably far closer to being this type of person than he even realizes.

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

We don’t know this guy has an addiction.  He could have just been partying a bit, this woman was gonna try to leave wirh the blow, yada yada yada. 

I don’t think anyone is saying he’s an addict, and certainly nobody is excusing him?  

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

We don’t know this guy has an addiction.  He could have just been partying a bit, this woman was gonna try to leave wirh the blow, yada yada yada. 

2 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

I don’t think anyone is saying he’s an addict, and certainly nobody is excusing him?  

LOL, Speaking of addiction, I'm kinda gummied up right now, but I thought P was questioning whether Trash was an addict. 

20 hours ago, jranieli said:

Nothing compares to putting the needle on the record or placing the cd on the tray. I am not a big cassette fan though. It’s funny that a lot of newer artists are putting their stuff on cassette. I just bought a new cd player. Been years since I had one. 

Yes bro back in the late 70's up to the early 2000's I had every LP, Cassette, CD and DVD out there.  I loved when games were first on CDs then DVDs.  Everything was yours and as long as you had a stereo or PC you could play and own it outright.  No propietary systems.  The only big choices for me was linear tracking (I had tha) over regular sidearm tracking of LPs; DSX over DOLBY and DOLDY 2 with cassettes, I had both; and whether you had a straight CD player or rewritable CD as I had both.  Those were the days. 

Yes you had to find the CD/DVD to play a game... it kept me way more organized.  If you to go downstairs in my basement to my old office that I would telecommute to work one to two days a week from there... and I still have my movie DVDs, game DVDs & CDs; all lined up down their on shelves pre stroke.  That place is preserved in amber.  When I finally move both me and the Ex Battle Ax will have dedicated office spaces where I would put all of my computer and media.  I gave most of my LPs and Cassettes to my Air Force major brother in law who died of kidney failure shortly after 9/11 in 2003 or so.  His daughter my niece died of COVID back after Thanksgiving in 2022. 

So those LPs and Cassettes if I were lucky are still with my middle sister, my brother in laws wife.  OMG... so much original stuff that is irreplaceable today, but I would NEVER ask for it back.  I would just want to listen to the extensive catalog over a year on good stereo equipment.  I also gave this niece all of my extensive HO train setups as she was a Tomboy and my brother in law loved trains, PCs, stereo equipment, Sci-Fi, war movies and the Giants.  We would talk all day about the Giants, Star Trek and Star Wars.  I used to read Stereo Magazine, Audiophile, and Abosolute Sound (since merged with Audiophile).  Those were the days. :rock::surf::giants:

17 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

So. I’ve been known to be somewhat of a drinker. I have at times indulged is what I’m saying. 

I’m not saying this is a one stop cure for anyone dealing with addiction. 

but. I’ve drank fewer than a like 6 times since February. A couple mixed drinks and less than 8 beers total. 

Two things. First was getting diagnosed and treated for adhd. A lot of my drinking was a result of “trying to unwind”. I was wound up because every day was a goddamn mental battle of confusion, frustration, guilt, etc. suddenly with that being lifted even a little, I didn’t need to unwind. 

second, I started keto and beer just didn’t fit into the carb count. Even when I learned there is 0 carb beer, I just don’t feel like drinking most of the time. My last beer was right around 4th of July. 

take it for what it’s worth, but I think there is a lot of people undiagnosed neurological disorders that are causing people to turn to substances.   I spent a year laughing off suggestions from my therapist that I had adhd due to a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is-even with him explaining it and me taking all the executive function tests and shit. I mean for fucks sake I started seeing a therapist in the first place because I felt inadequate even though I was killing it at work, had major imposter syndrome. 

I feel everything you wrote VG as a retired therapist.  Imposter Syndrome is a real thing and countless suffer from it.  My dad was an alcoholic and his father would make rum both professionally and homemade.  Once Cuba became off limits he was a major rum distiller.  He was going blind from a bad batch and committed suicide, leaving my father and family without their means of support before WWII.  That being written children of functional alcoholics like my Old Man either become raging drinkers themselves or avoid drink or drink very little altogehter.  I know alcohol inside and out... but I was mostly a dinner wine drinker and/or craft beer. 

The taste had to be good and I rarely drank to inebriation.  It got so good that by my 30's if I had 12 then down to 6 drinks a year that was a lot.  I love great wines and good beers from Oktoberfest type venues.  I drink Christmas coquito (rum, eggnog, coconut milk from the Caribbean) and that is it.  Maybe 4 drinks a year maximum.  One glass and that is it.  I do it for the taste and that is it.  I used to joke and then I meant it... I get high off of Jesus, spirituality, reading, watching movies, playing games, talking deeply and writing missives.  That is it. :)

16 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Too many unknowns...yes.  But...I do not for the life of me understand how you let this kinda thing happen.

I have been pass out drunk on more than one occasion.  I smoked some pot back in the day, but wasn't my thing.  But needless to say, I have been under influence severely at times.

For me...substances always accentuate what I am feeling.  If I was upset..alcohol got me in a rage.  If I was sad, it made it more intense.  If I was in a good mood and ready to have fun, it was even better.

But at no point did a substance push me to do something completely out of character.  Sure, lines of judgment and decision making are blurred, but I am talking about pushing me to some absurd limit.

I say that...assuming the allegations are true...to illustrate that Peppers is probably far closer to being this type of person than he even realizes.

I got a whole new friend group back in 1983 when my "friends" put mescaline (without my knowledge) into the beer I bought for everyone and I started to trip and see things that were not there totally outside of my knowledge.  My mind divided into a literal Id, Ego and Superego... with the Id wanting to find an ax to bury into all three of my "friends." GOD got me out of there before I did it... the Superego told me to put on my jacket and my knapsack and get out of there before I killed people and be on the front page of the NY Post. 

I ran outside to Kissena Blvd in Flushing tripping out of my mind.  I thought everyone was a narc... and then I found myself on an MTA bus heading back home.  I walked past my Mom in the kitchen who must have know I was ripped (she was a head nurse for years) yet she did not press me.  I went to sleep in my room and woke up the next day around 2 PM.  My Mom gave me space and we talked afterward.  She said I had to be twice as good and half as bad to make it in the world.  I promised her from that day forward not to lose control again.  I was 20 and that never happened again. 

I told those "friends" that if I ever saw them again I woul K-I Double LL them.  I was not kidding... I said this in the middle of a bar where I met them.  They were being very racist to me and were laughing at my distress while tripping.  Not a good thing at all.  I saw one of my "friends" 13 years later in 1996 in Richmond Hill.  He was the manager of a Petland Discount (Richard) and he recognized me.. greeted me... I bought my stuff... nodded at him and walked out.  I felt no urge to plant an ax into his head though.  I felt nothing... good for him and me.  I was tripping for a 15-30 second periods every now and then after 1983 up till around 1990... becoming fewer and fewer as time went along.  It is all a process.

49 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Yes bro back in the late 70's up to the early 2000's I had every LP, Cassette, CD and DVD out there.  I loved when games were first on CDs then DVDs.  Everything was yours and as long as you had a stereo or PC you could play and own it outright.  No propietary systems.  The only big choices for me was linear tracking (I had tha) over regular sidearm tracking of LPs; DSX over DOLBY and DOLDY 2 with cassettes, I had both; and whether you had a straight CD player or rewritable CD as I had both.  Those were the days. 

Yes you had to find the CD/DVD to play a game... it kept me way more organized.  If you to go downstairs in my basement to my old office that I would telecommute to work one to two days a week from there... and I still have my movie DVDs, game DVDs & CDs; all lined up down their on shelves pre stroke.  That place is preserved in amber.  When I finally move both me and the Ex Battle Ax will have dedicated office spaces where I would put all of my computer and media.  I gave most of my LPs and Cassettes to my Air Force major brother in law who died of kidney failure shortly after 9/11 in 2003 or so.  His daughter my niece died of COVID back after Thanksgiving in 2022. 

So those LPs and Cassettes if I were lucky are still with my middle sister, my brother in laws wife.  OMG... so much original stuff that is irreplaceable today, but I would NEVER ask for it back.  I would just want to listen to the extensive catalog over a year on good stereo equipment.  I also gave this niece all of my extensive HO train setups as she was a Tomboy and my brother in law loved trains, PCs, stereo equipment, Sci-Fi, war movies and the Giants.  We would talk all day about the Giants, Star Trek and Star Wars.  I used to read Stereo Magazine, Audiophile, and Abosolute Sound (since merged with Audiophile).  Those were the days. :rock::surf::giants:

I used to have about 100 cd's and they were lost in a flood at my parents house a few years back. I am starting over, but it gives me a hobby. I just bought SACD Japanese release of Synchronicity. I will listen to it later on in the evening when I am feeding my animals and doing some bong shots. I have a few LP's too, but I don't have a working record player at the moment. I am the opposite with gaming now. I have no desire for physical games anymore. I haven't had a computer with a dvd/cd slot since 2016. 

How would you ever ask for that back anyway. They would think your nuts. All that stuff would be worth a fortune today T. My dad's mother threw out all his baseball cards he collected a kid. He said he at least had about Micky Mantle cards. 

7 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I feel everything you wrote VG as a retired therapist.  Imposter Syndrome is a real thing and countless suffer from it.  My dad was an alcoholic and his father would make rum both professionally and homemade.  Once Cuba became off limits he was a major rum distiller.  He was going blind from a bad batch and committed suicide, leaving my father and family without their means of support before WWII.  That being written children of functional alcoholics like my Old Man either become raging drinkers themselves or avoid drink or drink very little altogehter.  I know alcohol inside and out... but I was mostly a dinner wine drinker and/or craft beer. 

The taste had to be good and I rarely drank to inebriation.  It got so good that by my 30's if I had 12 then down to 6 drinks a year that was a lot.  I love great wines and good beers from Oktoberfest type venues.  I drink Christmas coquito (rum, eggnog, coconut milk from the Caribbean) and that is it.  Maybe 4 drinks a year maximum.  One glass and that is it.  I do it for the taste and that is it.  I used to joke and then I meant it... I get high off of Jesus, spirituality, reading, watching movies, playing games, talking deeply and writing missives.  That is it. :)

I’m not claiming I was ever an alcoholic, as in a physical addiction, but I was an extremely heavy drinker for a long time.  Between 18-35 I drank every day. For most of that, I would average at a minimum a 12 pack of beer a day on weekdays. I generally got off at 7pm, home by 730, and my rule was whatever I could drink by midnight was ok, as long as I stopped at midnight and went to bed. So about 4 hours of power drinking, skipping dinners or eating whatever I could find right before falling asleep because eating interrupted the drinking.  12 beers was per much the starting point.  Is go to the fridge and get three beers at a time and play video games. 

occasionally I’d like to have a really good beer (by my tastes, like a Sam Adam’s). But I find it’s more the idea of having a few drinks than the desire to drink. Because I’ll pick up a bottle of vodka or something and it’ll sit there unopened. Bought a 12 pack of that 0 carb beer around July 4 and most of it is still in the garage fridge. 

18 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I’m not claiming I was ever an alcoholic, as in a physical addiction, but I was an extremely heavy drinker for a long time.  Between 18-35 I drank every day. For most of that, I would average at a minimum a 12 pack of beer a day on weekdays. I generally got off at 7pm, home by 730, and my rule was whatever I could drink by midnight was ok, as long as I stopped at midnight and went to bed. So about 4 hours of power drinking, skipping dinners or eating whatever I could find right before falling asleep because eating interrupted the drinking.  12 beers was per much the starting point.  Is go to the fridge and get three beers at a time and play video games. 

occasionally I’d like to have a really good beer (by my tastes, like a Sam Adam’s). But I find it’s more the idea of having a few drinks than the desire to drink. Because I’ll pick up a bottle of vodka or something and it’ll sit there unopened. Bought a 12 pack of that 0 carb beer around July 4 and most of it is still in the garage fridge. 

It is referred to as being a functional drinker (alcoholic)... no shame.  It is not a question of strength... none of us are "strong" enough.  I am a dry alcoholic.  I have a lot of the symptoms of an alcoholic sans heavy drinking.  I am glad you are where you are now.  It is a journey inward without an endpoint.  :TU: