SportsWrath

NY Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys

BronxRik

Just now, jranieli said:

Jones was spreading the ball around, but no #2 WR. 1-3 and in Seattle in 10 days. 

Jones was just hitting what the Cowboys wanted him too. 

Outside of Nabers we don't have much for playmakers including the QB. 

1-3.

Guess it's time to get playoffs out of the picture and start looking at the draft.

Just now, BronxRik said:

God, just when we kind of sorta look good, we suck. 

I don't know we looked alright against a manic Browns team that even last year wasn't anything to worry about. 

And we still almost lost that one lol 

Team is what it is, starting with the QB and HC.

The zebras really did have a field day today and had it in the bag for the Cowboys. My only question is Daboll pussying out - down 14-9, 3 yrds line, 1 score game - whats the point in going for the FG? They should have gone for it on 4th down - esp since you have been driving up and down the field all day. The Bellinger facemask call was the most atrocious one ive seen in a while when it was actually him who was getting his facemask manhandled. Slayton and Wandale drops didnt help either. I think we need Hyatt a lot more than Slayton to stretch the field. How the hell do we only have like 40 rushing yrds against a team that gave up like 500 the last 2 weeks????

I’m so torn on this game. 

obviously the biggest issue is the inability to finish drives. If any one of those fields goals were a TD, we win. 

The other thing was the abysmal running game. I admit I was doing research for a paper due this weekend so I was multi tasking, so not sure if the run designs were shit, bad blocking, or if the D was just that dominant in the run game. 

I can’t fault coaching decisions because it’s a one score game pretty much all night and you take the 3 points in all the situations they kicked it. I think the aggressiveness was ok overall.

i know Jones under threw everyone in the deeper balls, was that really lack of arm strength or just bad accuracy and misjudged timing?  I thought his zip on the intermediate routes looked good. But that could be that I was happy to see so many intermediate throws. Like I know not every ball was perfect and some were bad, but other than the under thrown deep balls I have a hard time picking Daniels performance apart. 

he looked more comfortable, stood in there when pressured, rolled out to extend plays, made really good decisions and was efficient without being the over conservative mess he’s been. 

I really saw a way different Daniel Jones than in used to seeing. I thought he looked every bit the competent QB. I’m still on board with letting him walk and drafting his replacement because whatever the reason, he’s not able to hit down field targets and this offense needs that threat to be successful. 

Also not seeing a lot to complain about on defense. Not stellar, but it handled a faulty potent offense pretty well. Especially considering how under staffed it was when healthy in the secondary, and down two players last night. Busted play on the lamb td but overall?  Not hateful. 

I wish the defense had more of an identity. I’m not sure the thinking hiringBowen for a defense built to attack. Like, the investment in pass rushers for a defensive scheme not really designed to blitz. 

all in all I’m disappointed we lost a winnable game. Jones isn’t a closer. But not a whole lot to point at and say that’s the reason we lost. I mean obviously there is, but can you put the L on Daniel?  On coaching decisions?  On bad defense?  

Stalled drives and no running game were the big issues. And I think Boohyah mentioned they need to get aTE involved in the pass game. Hopefully Theo chasing down Hooker grabbed the attention needed to get him involved. That was impressive. 

but really, about a dozen receptions each for Nabers and Robinson, those are the guys you want to get it to. Nabers grabs the headlines, but Robinson is solidifying himself as indispensable. He’s like Amani. He’ll be a huge part of this teams offense for years if they can keep him. 

i dunno. Just rambling. I’d almost rather be pissed off at Jones or Daboll, but I can’t pin this on either of them. I guess inability to finish drives goes to both but I can’t generate enough outrage. 

39 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Jones was part of the problem, not part of the solution. 

He's entered the Chad Pennington game manager tier.

He can get the ball to the WR but he won't win you any games. 

I say we trade him to Miami. 

We had two receivers combine for 23 catches and only 186 yards.  I’ve never seen anything like it.  These guys are running routes in traffic jams and getting drilled immediately bc nobody has to play back on us.  Just brutal to see all these problems finally get fixed and now our qb has no fucking arm left 

I am so sick of the organizational turnover. I don't know what is going to happen if the team goes 4-13 or 5-12. It's not Daboll's fault that he got stuck with Jones. He's smart enough to manage a game, but not good enough to win one. 

1 hour ago, Herc said:

We had two receivers combine for 23 catches and only 186 yards.  I’ve never seen anything like it.  These guys are running routes in traffic jams and getting drilled immediately bc nobody has to play back on us.  Just brutal to see all these problems finally get fixed and now our qb has no fucking arm left 

And we have two stretch the field guys in Hyatt and Slayton, no wonder why we don't see them Daboll doesn't trust Jones to throw it beyond 20 yards.

And we finally have an Oline that can block for the amount of time needed to get that done.

Don't think a Cowboys safety was dropping back all night until we were in hail mary mode. 

If you cant throw it deep, you have to speed up processing time, and that hasnt happened either.

Folks will point to Jones completion percentage and no turnovers and say he played well.  He played good enough to not cost them the game...that's about it.

Chad Pennington is a spot on comparison at this point.

15 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

The zebras really did have a field day today and had it in the bag for the Cowboys. My only question is Daboll pussying out - down 14-9, 3 yrds line, 1 score game - whats the point in going for the FG? They should have gone for it on 4th down - esp since you have been driving up and down the field all day. The Bellinger facemask call was the most atrocious one ive seen in a while when it was actually him who was getting his facemask manhandled. Slayton and Wandale drops didnt help either. I think we need Hyatt a lot more than Slayton to stretch the field. How the hell do we only have like 40 rushing yrds against a team that gave up like 500 the last 2 weeks????

I agree with all of these points.  Slayton should warming a bench near you.  That was an old school Broke Back call from the 80s/90s not seen since the days of LT, Carl Banks, Roger Staubach and Danny White.  Just unreal.  Guy almost gets his neck broke and has to suffer the ignominy of being called for a BS penalty.  Just pure Broke Backs in that one.

8 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

He's entered the Chad Pennington game manager tier.

He can get the ball to the WR but he won't win you any games. 

I say we trade him to Miami. 

We old timers remember the days of Danny Kannell here in Giants Land... Fassell when he was alive would say Danny managed the game well today.  He did not have a QB until he got Kerry Collins.