SportsWrath

Week 3 giants vs bro—oh the games over already (because the giants will undoubtably win)

Herc

5 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

I agree - thought he played well under pressure against a damn good Browns Defense. Singletary's fumble just deflated the momentum we had on offense in the 2nd half and then inexplicably Bowen decided to go away from what was working and went away from blitzing which gave the Browns some kind of life. Unless we somehow make the playoffs this year and Jones just decides to ball the fuck out - I still think Giants look at QB next draft - someone who is a sure upgrade over Jones if any - not another Bryce Young type bum.

I days it more of a, well, worse case scenario situation. If he was just lighting it up - ok, maybe a Corning is turning. If he continues to completely stink-we’re drafting his replacement. 

but Daboll is adjusting the offense to get him out of the pocket and look reasonably competent but unspectacular. Kind of the same situation in his first year coaching. Enough that you may end up stuck with him, Ana’s may even decide to put off drafting a qb next year. 

16 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Daniel Jones is buying himself another year as starter. 

I'll have to go back and look at the tape, but I didn't come away with the same impression.  If he was throwing to anyone other than Malik Nabers I think you'd see a 12-of-30 for 165 yards type of game.  Even his hits were off-target (off the top of my head, Nabers' first TD couldn't have been caught by any other human being). 

Just now, Sephiroth said:

I'll have to go back and look at the tape, but I didn't come away with the same impression.  If he was throwing to anyone other than Malik Nabers I think you'd see a 12-of-30 for 165 yards type of game.  Even his hits were off-target (off the top of my head, Nabers' first TD couldn't have been caught by any other human being). 

No let me be clear. I’m not seeing anything that makes me think we should not be dragging his replacement next year and let him go and sign someone cheap to fill the gap for a few weeks. 

but he’s doing just enough the left two weeks to make it harder to justify. 

Yes...DJ is gonna fuck us again outta the draft pick needed to replace his streaky ass by performing just good enough.  

This definitely a story of Nabers and the line making him better...not the other way around.

If Jones can play like he did yesterday consistently, you keep him in '25 and spend the entire '25 draft on Oline and TE. 

You know where I'm going with this, don't you?

Then, in '26 you draft...

5 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

That’s what I took away from the game too.

he was very good in the first half, but if it weren’t for a cheesy personal foul and Malik Nabors, that might have been a three INT game.

4 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Yes...DJ is gonna fuck us again outta the draft pick needed to replace his streaky ass by performing just good enough.  

This definitely a story of Nabers and the line making him better...not the other way around.

Don't worry, Garrett Nussmier is the best QB nobody is talking about and he'll be there at the mid-to-bottom of the 1st round.

2 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Don't worry, Garrett Nussmier is the best QB nobody is talking about and he'll be there at the mid-to-bottom of the 1st round.

Who?

And I bet he's a backup at best in the league in 4 years like 90% of these first round QBs. 

15 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Disagree - watch the game again - multiple times with Garett and other lineman in his face, he stood tall in the pocket and delivered...watch the 1st TD to Nabers - he knew he was gonna get walloped by Garrett...he didnt run like last year...agreed it was in a place that ONLY a Nabers could have gotten.....but when someone has a Justin Jefferson or a Jamaar Chase or a Tyreek Hill its all cool - but its only Nabers and an OL who is making DJ look competent? Come on! So whats a QB supposed to do with no OL and no true No.1 WR??? 

40 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Disagree - watch the game again - multiple times with Garett and other lineman in his face, he stood tall in the pocket and delivered...watch the 1st TD to Nabers - he knew he was gonna get walloped by Garrett...he didnt run like last year...agreed it was in a place that ONLY a Nabers could have gotten.....but when someone has a Justin Jefferson or a Jamaar Chase or a Tyreek Hill its all cool - but its only Nabers and an OL who is making DJ look competent? Come on! So whats a QB supposed to do with no OL and no true No.1 WR??? 

well, they do finally have a decent OL and a top tier WR. And what do you know, Jones looks better! ---- still not good. But better.  

Jones was just fine this week. His second half was almost as bad as the first half was good. NFL QBs are expected to make throws while getting hit, there was nothing special about it (except on the receiving end). 

8 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

That's what they said about Joe Burrow!

6 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Look at all the passes at the feet of his TE, or the passes he didn't lead his receivers on (Robinson). 

He played OK.  He's still not a good QB. 

4 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Look at all the passes at the feet of his TE, or the passes he didn't lead his receivers on (Robinson). 

He played OK.  He's still not a good QB. 

That's the thing I'm seeing.

He played well, not great or good, or awful but well.

But the important thing is he playing like any another QB of his skill range could do.

He's not beating teams with his arm or winning games alone he's just managing with the occasional plays with his feet. 

On 9/23/2024 at 6:42 PM, Virginia Giant said:

I days it more of a, well, worse case scenario situation. If he was just lighting it up - ok, maybe a Corning is turning. If he continues to completely stink-we’re drafting his replacement. 

but Daboll is adjusting the offense to get him out of the pocket and look reasonably competent but unspectacular. Kind of the same situation in his first year coaching. Enough that you may end up stuck with him, Ana’s may even decide to put off drafting a qb next year. 

Also I think we are buying too much into the Minnesota loss in Week 1. The entire league under estimated the Vikings. Since Week 1, the VIkes have allowed a total of 20ish points to the 49ers and Texans - both wins. Take that game out and Jones has been more than serviceable.

8 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Also I think we are buying too much into the Minnesota loss in Week 1. The entire league under estimated the Vikings. Since Week 1, the VIkes have allowed a total of 20ish points to the 49ers and Texans - both wins. Take that game out and Jones has been more than serviceable.

He jolly well goddamn better be more than serviceable at 40m per.  He should be playing like a top 10 pick who is being paid handsomely.

Agreed the past two games have been better, but he has one Thursday where he is gonna have to prove it again.

IF...Jones expects to be the guy, and I don't think he is, he has a shit ton of bad to undo before he restores consistent levels of confidence

12 hours ago, gmenroc said:

He jolly well goddamn better be more than serviceable at 40m per.  He should be playing like a top 10 pick who is being paid handsomely.

Agreed the past two games have been better, but he has one Thursday where he is gonna have to prove it again.

IF...Jones expects to be the guy, and I don't think he is, he has a shit ton of bad to undo before he restores consistent levels of confidence

For sure - no arguments there. Im just saying - he hasnt been as BAD and HOPELESS like some people on this board are making it out to be.