SportsWrath

Eli nominated for the HoF

BlueInCanada

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Non Giants/Eli fans are going to loose their minds when he gets in on the first ballet. 

Hope he wears this to his first ballet:

NY Giants, Tutus and Touchdowns, Football Tutu Outfit With Hair Clip - Etsy

Seriously though, he has some competition - Marc Bulger, Randall Cunningham, Jake Delhomme, Doug Flutie, Rich Gannon, Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, Eli Manning, Steve McNair, Tony Romo

Cunntingham, Flutie Flakes or Gannon might give him a run for his money, but I think 2 SB rings and MVP's get him in first ballot. 

12 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I wouldnt put those other guys in ever let alone ahead of Eli

Exactly. There are only 3 people with multiple rings and multiple SB MVPs who are not in the hall - one of them is Eli and the other 2 are Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes - ones not eligible yet and the other is playing. STFU and put the man in the hall.

I mean...McNair is dead, so I guess a nomination is nice.

You can argue whether Eli should have gotten the MVP or if it shouldve been the defense, but he got them and I suppose thats all that matters.

I like Eli going in for being big in big moments, being level headed, and his consecutive starting streak more than anything else

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Without Eli, they’d be the defense that almost beat the patriots. 

He certainly did his part for the team...but if we are talking best in that game...I wouldve gone with the d line.  Splitting hairs and moot point now...just my opinion.  Still think he gets in and should...just not for all the same reasons others do

12 hours ago, gmenroc said:

He certainly did his part for the team...but if we are talking best in that game...I wouldve gone with the d line.  Splitting hairs and moot point now...just my opinion.  Still think he gets in and should...just not for all the same reasons others do

Can’t give the mvp award to a position group though. 

When people shit on Eli's Win / Lose record ..etc....I just ask them....who was the other HOF'er he played with on offense during his time with the NYGs?

Name the lineman....receiver....RB....(okay...maybe an outside chance on Tiki some day...but they didn't play that long together). But otherwise who was the other HOFer...shit...name the All Pro at any position he played with? I come up with Tiki in 05 and Snee in 08....thats it....and less than an handful Pro Bowlers during that time.

The look at all the HOF QBs

Troy Aikman 1989-2000
George Blanda (Also PK) 1949-1958, 1960-1975
Terry Bradshaw 1970-1983
Len Dawson 1957-1975
John Elway 1983-1998

Brett Favre 1991-2010
Dan Fouts 1973-1987
Otto Graham 1946-1955
Bob Griese 1967-1980
Sonny Jurgensen 1957-1974
Jim Kelly 1986-1996

Bobby Layne 1948-1962
Peyton Manning 1998-2015
Dan Marino 1983-1999
Joe Montana 1979-1994
Warren Moon 1984-2000
Joe Namath 1965-1977
Ken Stabler 1970-1984
Bart Starr 1956-1971
Roger Staubach 1969-
Fran Tarkenton 1961-1978
Y.A. Tittle 1948-1964
Johnny Unitas 1956-1973

Norm Van Brocklin 1949-1960
Kurt Warner 1998-2009

Bob Waterfield 1945-1952
Steve Young 1985-1999

Every highlighted QB played with a minimum of one if not multiple fellow HOF'er for multiple years of their careers on the offensive side of the ball. 

Farve, and Marino are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that didn't play with another HOFer on the offensive side of the ball.

That ...and not to mention most on that list had multiple HOFer teammates on Defensive side of the teams they played with....and Eli just had Strahan for part of the ride. 

Eli did more with less elite talent than any QB in the HOF....save maybe Warren Moon...who never won shit. 

C. Wagno

5 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

When people shit on Eli's Win / Lose record ..etc....I just ask them....who was the other HOF'er he played with on offense during his time with the NYGs?

Name the lineman....receiver....RB....(okay...maybe an outside chance on Tiki some day...but they didn't play that long together). But otherwise who was the other HOFer...shit...name the All Pro at any position he played with? I come up with Tiki in 05 and Snee in 08....thats it....and less than an handful Pro Bowlers during that time.

The look at all the HOF QBs

Troy Aikman 1989-2000
George Blanda (Also PK) 1949-1958, 1960-1975
Terry Bradshaw 1970-1983
Len Dawson 1957-1975
John Elway 1983-1998

Brett Favre 1991-2010
Dan Fouts 1973-1987
Otto Graham 1946-1955
Bob Griese 1967-1980
Sonny Jurgensen 1957-1974
Jim Kelly 1986-1996

Bobby Layne 1948-1962
Peyton Manning 1998-2015
Dan Marino 1983-1999
Joe Montana 1979-1994
Warren Moon 1984-2000
Joe Namath 1965-1977
Ken Stabler 1970-1984
Bart Starr 1956-1971
Roger Staubach 1969-
Fran Tarkenton 1961-1978
Y.A. Tittle 1948-1964
Johnny Unitas 1956-1973

Norm Van Brocklin 1949-1960
Kurt Warner 1998-2009

Bob Waterfield 1945-1952
Steve Young 1985-1999

Every highlighted QB played with a minimum of one if not multiple fellow HOF'er for multiple years of their careers on the offensive side of the ball. 

Farve, and Marino are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that didn't play with another HOFer on the offensive side of the ball.

That ...and not to mention most on that list had multiple HOFer teammates on Defensive side of the teams they played with....and Eli just had Strahan for part of the ride. 

Eli did more with less elite talent than any QB in the HOF....save maybe Warren Moon...who never won shit. 

C. Wagno

I think another way to look at this is, who did Eli play with that didn’t have their career best seasons during that time? The Giants tended to have receivers go elsewhere and do nothing, in those days.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think another way to look at this is, who did Eli play with that didn’t have their career best seasons during that time? The Giants tended to have receivers go elsewhere and do nothing, in those days.

Those are both excellent points.  

Flip side of that is that playing wide receiver for the NY Giants during the Eli Manning era may have been the most snake bit position in sports.  

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Its like the inverse of our o-linemen 

What in the world is wrong with this fucking retard Cam Newton??? The guy says if Eli gets a gold jacket he deserves 2!

This fucktard has achieved jack shit - and in his head he thinks he is some all time great??? This bum closed his eyes and refused to even recover his own fumble out of fear! He needs his head examined

8 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

What in the world is wrong with this fucking retard Cam Newton??? The guy says if Eli gets a gold jacket he deserves 2!

This fucktard has achieved jack shit - and in his head he thinks he is some all time great??? This bum closed his eyes and refused to even recover his own fumble out of fear! He needs his head examined

He did win an MVP. Just regular season though.

I can’t get the memory of Newton refusing to retrieve a fumble in the Super Bowl out of my head. That’s the defining play of Newton’s career.

I don't think Cam is a Hall of Famer. Eli definitely has much better qualifications. I would really like to see Steve McNair get in. He should be in front of Cam. I don't think Romo is worthy either.