SportsWrath

Why would we prepare for this?

Mr. P

44 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

The fucking stupidity of the coaching staff/Schoen is at its full go the last two weeks.

37 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Is it on the coaching staff that they don’t have a full 53 man roster? 

35 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Daboll sets the game day rosters.

I'm sure he could of made Gano a scratch.

31 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Maybe. Seems like signing another kicker should have been an option too.

29 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

We have one on the practice squad.

So we can blame Schoen and Daboll.for not elevating him and sitting Gano. 

Again these are football decisions that I think Coughlin, Fassell, Parcells make everyday including today that Gano sits and its the next guy up.  The practice guy plays... and you go for a replacement kicker.

1 hour ago, Herc said:

lol we’re using a practice squad spot on a kicker but still rolled the dice here?  Jesus Christ 

Yes... and we are placing Hyatt to sit down.  I am sorry... we have to stop treating Slayton like he is the second coming of Jerry Rice.  He sucks... sit his ass down and let us play Hyatt.  Daboll is really fucking things up and I will soon start screaming for Belichick...

1 hour ago, Herc said:

lol we’re using a practice squad spot on a kicker but still rolled the dice here?  Jesus Christ 

Also this is the second year in the row for Gano and his bullshit.  He is not a good guy on reporting his own injuries.  Stop trusting this guy to come clean and be honest about where his body is... simply abysmal.

I don't understand. There isn't a back up kicker on the roster. They would have to do tryouts. If he wasn't feeling good yesterday, I don't think they would have time. Maybe they should have gone with a younger kicker in the offseason and not worry about this. 

10 hours ago, jranieli said:

I don't understand. There isn't a back up kicker on the roster. They would have to do tryouts. If he wasn't feeling good yesterday, I don't think they would have time. Maybe they should have gone with a younger kicker in the offseason and not worry about this. 

A competent GM has a couple of guys do tryouts before the season, and keep their number, that way you call them when your kicker gets hurt.