SportsWrath

2025 Draft/Offseason Discussion

mastershake

On 9/27/2024 at 11:59 AM, Sephiroth said:

I'm going to have to watch some Ward film, I'm hearing good things as well. 

The "under the radar" guy I'm liking right now is Garrett Nussmeier.  Every game I see him play in he's been making good decisions, throws with decent-to-good ball placement, and has a cannon.  I've watched one LSU game and half of another this season and he really impressed me in both (for a guy nobody is talking about). 

Ward had an up and down game today, but Beck got/is getting absolutely rolled by Bama's defense. I still think the traits are all still there with Ward.

Hard to say if this one week will affect Beck's draft status, but could be an early concern.

Some drafts have Bamas Jalen Milroe going in the 1st, but he definitely seems more like a run/scramble first and improvise type QB. System QB, where if the first read isn't there, you're scrambling/running, not working through progressions.

45 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Ward had an up and down game today, but Beck got/is getting absolutely rolled by Bama's defense. I still think the traits are all still there with Ward.

Hard to say if this one week will affect Beck's draft status, but could be an early concern.

Some drafts have Bamas Jalen Milroe going in the 1st, but he definitely seems more like a run/scramble first and improvise type QB. System QB, where if the first read isn't there, you're scrambling/running, not working through progressions.

But his traits are ridiculous. If he were 6’4” he’d be in the 1st overall discussion.

(that’s about Milroe)

21 hours ago, mastershake said:

That can work in college but when you are found out in the NFL that is the curse of death.  That is how teams get saddled with DJ types.

Fuck it I'm in on Arch too.  I still don't see the team doing that to him - to me there is going to be a gentlemen's agreement between the Saints, Colts, and Giants to not draft him.  His future is too important to the NFL and going to any of those teams is putting too much on him.  I suspect that's why he went to Texas and not Old Miss.  

But honestly, New Orleans would be a fun storyline.  

I'm going to say it'll be the Rams.  Stafford is coming to an end, Donald is getting older.  That team is going to need to go into a rebuild and a Manning on the west coast makes a lot of sense.  

1 hour ago, Herc said:

It’s not like we don’t have the tolerance for one more of these years 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

What’s one more?

Hey I lived through the 1970s... I just think we go for a Kerry Collins type and maybe a good or place holder prospect with a drafted QB if you want Arch Manning in 26.  With a good veteran QB you bring in the pressure will be off of Manning at the beginning.

14 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Fuck it I'm in on Arch too.  I still don't see the team doing that to him - to me there is going to be a gentlemen's agreement between the Saints, Colts, and Giants to not draft him.  His future is too important to the NFL and going to any of those teams is putting too much on him.  I suspect that's why he went to Texas and not Old Miss.  

But honestly, New Orleans would be a fun storyline.  

I'm going to say it'll be the Rams.  Stafford is coming to an end, Donald is getting older.  That team is going to need to go into a rebuild and a Manning on the west coast makes a lot of sense.  

Aaron Donald has already retired, but I don't see the Rams with the poor record or the draft capital to get Arch. 

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

All for trading down multiple times in 2025 to accumulate 2026 picks.

We should start right now and see what the chiefs will give up for hyatt since apparently there’s no room for him to play 

4 hours ago, Herc said:

We should start right now and see what the chiefs will give up for hyatt since apparently there’s no room for him to play 

Definitely not with the Ultimate Reincarnation of Jerry Rice known as Slayton being on our roster... :rolleyes:

Arch Manning instead gets drafted by the Cowboys, goes on to win four SBs and a HoF career, never once losing to the Giants.

Says "Uncle Eli still got my nose, this is my response" at his HoF ceremony. 

Would sum up our luck over this last decade.