SportsWrath

2025 Draft/Offseason Discussion

mastershake

On 9/9/2024 at 7:00 PM, mastershake said:

Since the Giants are going nowhere this season and will be in the market for a QB, why not start the discussion now.

Is this a sign of Character concerns for Sanders? It was a quick dig at his OL in the beginning of the video, but I also don't like the rest of the segment. Am I overreacting?

I wouldn't draft him before the 4th round. Not with his character concerns. 

You're not overreacting, and its not even really all Shedeur's fault. His dad is fucked in the head, and he probably fucked his kids in the head too. I wouldn't take the chance unless he'd already been humbled by falling far in the draft.

14 hours ago, mastershake said:

Fortunately aside from Sanders, it looks like there's three viable QB options this draft. Cam Ward isn't necessarily top 10 in mock drafts yet (if that's an indication), but there's at least Ewers and Beck...and yes, I think the Panthers will also be going for a QB, so who we really need to root for this season so they don't pick higher is the Raiders...possibly Titans as well, although I bet they stick with Levis.

I've watched Ewers and Beck this season. Ewers seems to me to be a prospect on a level with Will Levis. Or, Daniel Jones, lol. But he is at least a prospect.

I thought Carson Beck was impressive. His mechanics are very good, he made quick reads, put the ball in the right spot. He's going to be a solid pro QB.

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I was just thinking on the way to work today, what do we all think about Mike Vrabel?  I remember being initially surprised with both his early success as well as his dismissal. 

I don't know if we've burnt a bridge or not but I want Brian Flores.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

Brian Flores the new Hugh Jackson. 

Hugh Jackson didn't post consecutive winning seasons like Flores did, nor is he the DC for a team that's 2-0 with a top defense that just shut down the 49ers...nor is he even in the NFL anymore.

9 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I was just thinking on the way to work today, what do we all think about Mike Vrabel?  I remember being initially surprised with both his early success as well as his dismissal. 

His early success was a surprise, but he seemed to fall off hard once the team started to face any sort of challenge. 

Granted when your GM trades away your best playmaker for peanuts it doesn't help but Vrabel was apparently calling the shots on that one. 

So I for one look forward to him trading Nabers to the Chiefs for a 4th round pick on draft day. 

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Hugh Jackson didn't post consecutive winning seasons like Flores did, nor is he the DC for a team that's 2-0 with a top defense that just shut down the 49ers...nor is he even in the NFL anymore.

Wait THE Brain Flores who had one and two wins above .500?

THE Brain Flores that had a bottom 25 ranked defense in 2023 and got to face the Giants week 1? The Brain Flores that still allowed over 400 yards in a win? 

Ok I shouldn't of compared him to one of the worst HCs but still I'm not overly impressed by his coaching resume. 

23 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Wait THE Brain Flores who had one and two wins above .500?

THE Brain Flores that had a bottom 25 ranked defense in 2023 and got to face the Giants week 1? The Brain Flores that still allowed over 400 yards in a win? 

Ok I shouldn't of compared him to one of the worst HCs but still I'm not overly impressed by his coaching resume. 

For MN, Rome wasn't built in a day. He did a good job yesterday. He's a good DC.

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I can’t see a scenario where the giants hire somebody who is actively suing them for racial discrimination, as their headcoach. 

Well maybe the judge will sentence Daboll to be Flores' butler, and they'll make amends?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm growing on Cam Ward. Dude's a baller, with an NFL arm, makes NFL throws with great accuracy. Very underrated. Should be a top 10 pick. If we end up drafting like 8-12, which is likely IMO, we should snag him.

ACC play hasn't started yet, so we'll see if he levels off or if there's a drop in his play against better defenses, but he played well against Florida, an SEC team.

On 9/24/2024 at 12:08 PM, mastershake said:

I'm growing on Cam Ward. Dude's a baller, with an NFL arm, makes NFL throws with great accuracy. Very underrated. Should be a top 10 pick. If we end up drafting like 8-12, which is likely IMO, we should snag him.

ACC play hasn't started yet, so we'll see if he levels off or if there's a drop in his play against better defenses, but he played well against Florida, an SEC team.

I second this....

19 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Here's for rooting for the 1-2 and 0-3 teams...

We really need Will Levis and the Titans, plus the Raiders, to start playing well asap. Maybe even the Jaguars too at this point. Speaking of them, I recall saying awhile back in the 2021 draft, I never understood the hype with Trevor Lawrence. He was alright but never seemed to me to be a big time prospect.

16 minutes ago, Herc said:

He’s lost 8 in a row and is still not getting the bust treatment from the media.  Amazing how that only happens if they initially thought you were drafted too high

That draft in general, 1st round:

- Lawrence

- Zach Wilson

- Trey Lance

- Mac Jones

Holy fucking shit.

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

We really need Will Levis and the Titans, plus the Raiders, to start playing well asap. Maybe even the Jaguars too at this point. Speaking of them, I recall saying awhile back in the 2021 draft, I never understood the hype with Trevor Lawrence. He was alright but never seemed to me to be a big time prospect.

I watched a bunch of film on Lawrence and thought he was the closest to a "sure thing" that I had seen since Andrew Luck.  Not sure what his problem is but so far I've been dead wrong on that one. 

On 9/24/2024 at 12:08 PM, mastershake said:

I'm going to have to watch some Ward film, I'm hearing good things as well. 

The "under the radar" guy I'm liking right now is Garrett Nussmeier.  Every game I see him play in he's been making good decisions, throws with decent-to-good ball placement, and has a cannon.  I've watched one LSU game and half of another this season and he really impressed me in both (for a guy nobody is talking about). 

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

At this point...sitting at 1-3, and 0-2 in division...it is time to shift focus from this season...which really sucks.

Glad we can get away from Jones this offseason...but its gonna be interesting to see who the next guy is.

I am really starting to question why I even like the Giants...'because I always have' is a bullshit answer.

5 hours ago, gmenroc said:

At this point...sitting at 1-3, and 0-2 in division...it is time to shift focus from this season...which really sucks.

Glad we can get away from Jones this offseason...but its gonna be interesting to see who the next guy is.

I am really starting to question why I even like the Giants...'because I always have' is a bullshit answer.

The highs are highs... and the lows are lows.  Roll up for the magical mystery tour... :cheers: