SportsWrath

2025 Draft/Offseason Discussion

mastershake

Since the Giants are going nowhere this season and will be in the market for a QB, why not start the discussion now.

Is this a sign of Character concerns for Sanders? It was a quick dig at his OL in the beginning of the video, but I also don't like the rest of the segment. Am I overreacting?

But but but you can't judge the season off one game!!!!!

Remember that talk? lol 

Anyways I hope his Oline just doesnt block for a few plays to show him what it's like with no protection.

Also I keep hearing about Cam Ward.

No idea about him.

18 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Since the Giants are going nowhere this season and will be in the market for a QB, why not start the discussion now.

Is this a sign of Character concerns for Sanders? It was a quick dig at his OL in the beginning of the video, but I also don't like the rest of the segment. Am I overreacting?

I want absolutely NOTHING to do with him 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

But but but you can't judge the season off one game!!!!!

Remember that talk? lol 

Anyways I hope his Oline just doesnt block for a few plays to show him what it's like with no protection.

Also I keep hearing about Cam Ward.

No idea about him.

I saw Cam Ward shooting up draft boards. Don't know much about him though.

Looks like there's currently at least three viable options: Ewers, Beck, and Ward, and everyone thinks Beck is the #1 pick.

The Sanders look like a package deal so if you get the QB, you'll have to take the brother also. And Dad will be involved. I thought I read somewhere they were telling teams not to draft him because he wasn't going to play there.

So I figure he'll be with the Panthers next year!

I want nothing to do with him.

34 minutes ago, Herc said:

When does the belichick talk start?

Mara has it in the back of his mind, trust me. And he'll want full control. And if we have a losing season, I expect they'll pull the trigger.

5 hours ago, boohyah said:

Mara has it in the back of his mind, trust me. And he'll want full control. And if we have a losing season, I expect they'll pull the trigger.

I think this is the reason - they wont tank and will let Jones play majority of the season

Belichick is 100% washed up.  Looks like the success of those teams were more Brady than him.  Plus his drafts have been worse than Joe Schoen, and he's already 72... best case scenario is he coaches 2-3 years and then leaves you with the likes of Joe Judge or Romeo Crennel as your head coach.  The franchise would be set back 5 years at least, easily. 

No thanks. 

10 hours ago, boohyah said:

The Sanders look like a package deal so if you get the QB, you'll have to take the brother also. And Dad will be involved. I thought I read somewhere they were telling teams not to draft him because he wasn't going to play there.

Dieon is the issue. Honestly I think the kid would be fine. A little maturing to do in terms of knowing what to say, falling in the sword, being the off field and on field leader and all that. That can develop with some humbling. 

But with dad it’s going to be a complete shit show. Dudes going to want to use his son to get on an NFL staff and launch his nfl coaching career. Then after a couple years, he’ll start talking to the media, undermining the head coach to try to replace him. OR, if the team is successful, get a head coaching job and take the kid with him. 

everything Dieon does is an angle for him to be a head coach in the NFL and have his son play for him. 

If Schoen's drafted players don't start playing well, I think there's a real case to be made for Brandon Brown.  He's hit on a number of low-key free agent signings (Tyrod Taylor, Richie James, Isiah Hodgins, etc) and has done well with some of his higher-end ones as well (Bobby Okereke, early returns on the OL are good).

There wouldn't have to be wholesale changes to the scouts or coaching staff if you decide to keep Daboll, and Brown comes from the Eagles' school of "draft the best player on the board" instead of reaching for scrubs like Joe Schoen likes to do. 

I have more faith in letting Brown draft the next franchise QB right now than I have in Joe Schoen doing it. 

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Belichick is 100% washed up.  Looks like the success of those teams were more Brady than him.  Plus his drafts have been worse than Joe Schoen, and he's already 72... best case scenario is he coaches 2-3 years and then leaves you with the likes of Joe Judge or Romeo Crennel as your head coach.  The franchise would be set back 5 years at least, easily. 

No thanks. 

I agree with you on Bellicheck. I wouldn't want anything to do with him at this stage. But the Giants brass loves him and he loves the Giants. 

3 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Dieon is the issue. Honestly I think the kid would be fine. A little maturing to do in terms of knowing what to say, falling in the sword, being the off field and on field leader and all that. That can develop with some humbling. 

But with dad it’s going to be a complete shit show. Dudes going to want to use his son to get on an NFL staff and launch his nfl coaching career. Then after a couple years, he’ll start talking to the media, undermining the head coach to try to replace him. OR, if the team is successful, get a head coaching job and take the kid with him. 

everything Dieon does is an angle for him to be a head coach in the NFL and have his son play for him. 

It wasn’t dad who threw the o-line under the bus the other day. 

14 hours ago, boohyah said:

This... I also think Neon Deon.... just abandoned the HCBU that took a chance on him and made him the football coach that he became.  IMHO I would have left too but at the natural end of the third year and not burn any bridges... especially within the greater African American intelligentsia.  The way it played out is that you are seeing the Sanders' showing their overall lack of class and their believing that they are an unstoppable package deal.  Just because Daddy caught lightning in a bottle years ago at his position, he was always known as a cover guy and a big liability when it came to tackling.  The son plays the more exposed and high profile QB position which makes it much harder to hide when things go south.  That Colorado team they head up is middling at best.

Don't want either Sanders.  Will need to draft a QB...so Ewers maybe.  We shall see.  I dunno if we can beat the Panthers to #1 overall tho...and if they are top 5 pick, gotta believe theyre moving on from whatshisname

3 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Don't want either Sanders.  Will need to draft a QB...so Ewers maybe.  We shall see.  I dunno if we can beat the Panthers to #1 overall tho...and if they are top 5 pick, gotta believe theyre moving on from whatshisname

Fortunately aside from Sanders, it looks like there's three viable QB options this draft. Cam Ward isn't necessarily top 10 in mock drafts yet (if that's an indication), but there's at least Ewers and Beck...and yes, I think the Panthers will also be going for a QB, so who we really need to root for this season so they don't pick higher is the Raiders...possibly Titans as well, although I bet they stick with Levis.

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

Fortunately aside from Sanders, it looks like there's three viable QB options this draft. Cam Ward isn't necessarily top 10 in mock drafts yet (if that's an indication), but there's at least Ewers and Beck...and yes, I think the Panthers will also be going for a QB, so who we really need to root for this season so they don't pick higher is the Raiders...possibly Titans as well, although I bet they stick with Levis.

If the giants have taught us anything it’s that it takes six years to evaluate a qb. So none of those teams fouls be in play next year. 🥸

5 hours ago, mastershake said:

Throw the Steelers in the QB mix unless Fields shows something at some point...but given he could not beat out RW...

Agreed on Levis...too.early to turn that page.

Gonna be other teams that end up needing a QB...but we need to be in a position to get one and get a vet backup not named Daniel Jones, Lock, or Tommy

2 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Throw the Steelers in the QB mix unless Fields shows something at some point...but given he could not beat out RW...

Agreed on Levis...too.early to turn that page.

Gonna be other teams that end up needing a QB...but we need to be in a position to get one and get a vet backup not named Daniel Jones, Lock, or Tommy

I endorse this post... :TU: