SportsWrath

Camp

Mr. P

Coach and Strahan were in attendance today too.

mw32n9ly2xgd1.jpeg

Dats my coach!

Wonder what he's saying.

Tom: "Dont worry Dabs they almost buried my ass here after our third playoff appearance, the rest is history"

Dabs: "I lost so much weight I can finally see my big DABALLZ again, 2024 our year coach"

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/14/new-york-giants-working-out-safety-jonathan-sutherland/

Yet another sign the secondary is thin and is going to be a liability all season.

I don't understand why they can't bring in guys like Adoree Jackson and Justin Simmons on a vet minimum deal. Why wait till after camp cuts to do this???

You assume they would want to play on vet min and with the Giants.

Best bet for both those guys is wait for week 3/4 when the injuries start piling up and go sign with a team looking to contend who suddenly needs secondary help.

21 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Best bet for both those guys is wait for week 3/4 when the injuries start piling up and go sign with a team looking to contend who suddenly needs secondary help.

This... they have to take a global and strategic view.  If they come back or go to the Giants... they will be paying more than vet minimum come the third or fourth pre-season game.

23 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'll have you know that my years of playing Madden Football, franchise mode, suggest these are not considerations and they'll sign with us 😄

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

I'll have you know that my years of playing Madden Football, franchise mode, suggest these are not considerations and they'll sign with us 😄

If only it was that easy.

In one of my franchises I had Eli throwing to Calvin Johnson, Nicks and Cruz while handing off the ball to Adrian Peterson.

8 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

In other news Simmons is signing a one year 8 million dollar deal with the Falcons, who also traded for Judon.

Atlanta going all in with Kirk.

Yeah wtf is Atlanta up to?? First they draft Penix, then they have been doing all this off season shit?? Do they actually think they are SB contenders???

The OL situation is going to be interesting.

On the one hand, even though Schoen hasn't made any "big" FA OL signings, he has brought in veteran bodies with starting experience, particularly Runyan Jr and Eleumanor who figure to be key contributors. Plus perhaps Van Roten, Schlottmann, and Stinnie are good depth pieces.

On the other hand, Schoen OL draft picks look to be missing the mark at this juncture. Neal and Ezeudu both look like misses, not to mention McKethan, though I don't get too upset over a 5th rounder. There's early concerns with the health of JMS. Schoen could easily end up 0/4 on OL draft picks across three years. 

A lot of people are raving about Jack Kotas, the undrafted free agent...maybe that helps make up the difference.

9 minutes ago, mastershake said:

On the one hand, even though Schoen hasn't made any "big" FA OL signings, he has brought in veteran bodies with starting experience, particularly Runyan Jr and Eleumanor who figure to be key contributors. Plus perhaps Van Roten, Schlottmann, and Stinnie are good depth pieces.

On the other hand, Schoen OL draft picks look to be missing the mark at this juncture. Neal and Ezeudu both look like misses, not to mention McKethan, though I don't get too upset over a 5th rounder. There's early concerns with the health of JMS. Schoen could easily end up 0/4 on OL draft picks across three years. 

A lot of people are raving about Jack Kotas, the undrafted free agent...maybe that helps make up the difference.

You can't blame him for Neal though, he was the unanimous pick among EVERY pundit that he was the best RT in the draft who was ready to play day one. A OT coming out of 'Bama with his size/speed and technical ability and multiple awards, many pundits had him as the best OT in the draft.

He would of been stupid to pass on him.

Neals body and inability to get better have failed the Giants.

Ezududu is a clear whiff though, I don't expect starting quality players in the third round, but atleast be capable of rotating in when needed, at this point he's a sure fire cut.

8 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

You can't blame him for Neal though, he was the unanimous pick among EVERY pundit that he was the best RT in the draft who was ready to play day one. A OT coming out of 'Bama with his size/speed and technical ability and multiple awards, many pundits had him as the best OT in the draft.

He would of been stupid to pass on him.

Neals body and inability to get better have failed the Giants.

Ezududu is a clear whiff though, I don't expect starting quality players in the third round, but atleast be capable of rotating in when needed, at this point he's a sure fire cut.

This

23 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I do agree though.

The Oline has been a problem since Eli has going into his twilight years.

Ever single GM and coach have said "WE WILL FIX IT!"

Yet here we are, Jones getting sacked an NFL record number of times and praying that Schoen/Dabs and the new Oline coach have FINALLY gotten it right.