SportsWrath

Camp

Mr. P

4 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Can someone please for the love of all that is holy show me a play from camp where Jones doesn't stare down a receiver.

Hell...can someone show me a coach getting in his face telling him that these long balls aren't gonna happen if he can't look off a safety?

Excited to see what Nabors, Hyatt and Robinson can do with Bellinger and Johnson...but I cannot help but think Jones is too far gone.  At least he isn't taking off and running at first sight of pressure yet...

Mary, Mother of GOD.... I just want the Giants to survive another year of DJ so we can start on the next QB project next year.  I can not wait for him to be off of the team or reduced to second string status.

10 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Mary, Mother of GOD.... I just want the Giants to survive another year of DJ so we can start on the next QB project next year.  I can not wait for him to be off of the team or reduced to second string status.

Well..we wasted Saquon...now we gonna waste Nabors.

23 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Yeah...we shall see.  Gonna be a long 17 games

For sure mang... for sure.  I hope to GOD they don't make the playoffs... because you know DJ Stans will come out of their stupor and say see... we should always have supported DJ... :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

For sure mang... for sure.  I hope to GOD they don't make the playoffs... because you know DJ Stans will come out of their stupor and say see... we should always have supported DJ... :rolleyes:

how could you root against the Giants, already in pre-season???  It's not even August yet!   What would be better then having a Giants playoff run this year, other than a Superbowl parade?

They either absolutely love nabers or really think the OL free agent signings are all we needed, bc schoen looked ecstatic when the chargers took alt 

3 hours ago, Herc said:

They either absolutely love nabers or really think the OL free agent signings are all we needed, bc schoen looked ecstatic when the chargers took alt 

I mean Schoen said it himself during hard knocks, they were either trading up for a QB or getting a weapon.

7 hours ago, Herc said:

I wonder if it actually means anything since all other draft boards were blurred out, but for some reason they let this one out after review.

Wonder if it's just to fuck with other teams lol 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean Schoen said it himself during hard knocks, they were either trading up for a QB or getting a weapon.

Yeah it just makes me wonder how he would’ve reacted if they took nabers.  If I’m him I’m really happy to have either guy.  Makes me slightly more optimistic that these OL moves might have been enough to get us to league average because I’ve pretty much been crossing my fingers about it since the draft was over.

34 minutes ago, Herc said:

Yeah it just makes me wonder how he would’ve reacted if they took nabers.  If I’m him I’m really happy to have either guy.  Makes me slightly more optimistic that these OL moves might have been enough to get us to league average because I’ve pretty much been crossing my fingers about it since the draft was over.

I mean to his credit these guys he brought in are known to be average but that's all we need.

We don't need all starts, we just need guys who will hold a block for 3 seconds. 

I'm hoping as well. 

7 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

how could you root against the Giants, already in pre-season???  It's not even August yet!   What would be better then having a Giants playoff run this year, other than a Superbowl parade?

Sorry bro... I totally dislike DJ as a player and I have seen this movie many times before.  In not making the playoffs to be killed by better teams this will be the beginnings of a Giants dynasty.  I hated The Fumble... however that nadir was the beginning of 40 years of excellence.  Without The Fumble they would have fucked around like the 80s to early 2000s Knicks and not in putting two or three all stars out there instead of one and journey men.  This is the way.  I would rather they not have played the playoffs against Minnesota only to be destroyed by Filthy and be saddled with fucking DJ for another two years it seems.

3 hours ago, Herc said:

If hard knocks can be believed...it was QB or WR.  If Nabors had gone and the top 3 QBs gone, he said there were deals in place to trade back and still stay ahead of Chicago who everyone knew was taking Odunze if there.

I think Alt or another lineman would have been the consolation prize if we traded back and missed on Odunze too.

If this year sucks, and as much as I am rooting for it not to, I think its gonna...cause I dont believe in Jones at this point.  Glad he is healthy and giving it a go, but he stares every receiver down and defenses read him coming and going.  So even with time, I dont know that he will be all that dynamic.  It is like he needs to see a guy open and by then, its too late.

Guess is that next year will be a QB that will then come into a mediocre, but better than a year ago, line and we will go balls to wall in free agency to protect him...assuming we know we are drafting high enough to secure one.

2 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Sorry bro... I totally dislike DJ as a player and I have seen this movie many times before.  In not making the playoffs to be killed by better teams this will be the beginnings of a Giants dynasty.  I hated The Fumble... however that nadir was the beginning of 40 years of excellence.  Without The Fumble they would have fucked around like the 80s to early 2000s Knicks and not in putting two or three all stars out there instead of one and journey men.  This is the way.  I would rather they not have played the playoffs against Minnesota only to be destroyed by Filthy and be saddled with fucking DJ for another two years it seems.

Jones is not bad enough to lead this team to a 2 win season if he stays healthy.    Neither is Lock or even DeVito.    We are not finding the next Pat Mahomes with the 6th pick.     There are not many franchise type QB that hit free agency.     So I’m buckling in and hoping with a revamped line, stud rookie Wr who has talent around him.   This team with what has to be a drastically improved pass rush can give us a great season to watch.   The biggest factor is the team staying healthy 

19 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

Jones is not bad enough to lead this team to a 2 win season if he stays healthy.    Neither is Lock or even DeVito.    We are not finding the next Pat Mahomes with the 6th pick.     There are not many franchise type QB that hit free agency.     So I’m buckling in and hoping with a revamped line, stud rookie Wr who has talent around him.   This team with what has to be a drastically improved pass rush can give us a great season to watch.   The biggest factor is the team staying healthy 

I agree. That rookie is only going to help Jones. I like Daboll. I want a good season so he sticks around. 

22 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

I agree... I just don't want anything... and I mean anything to elevate DJ.  Next season we can start over again... we had Danny Kannell when we got Kerry Collins so it is possible to get a good veteran here.  Even a journeyman QB would be better than DJ.  He needs to go to Rugby where he would have a chance.  As a QB, DJ has no future.

On 7/31/2024 at 8:39 PM, GorillaNJ said:

“We are not finding the next Pat Mahomes with the 6th pick”

Mahomes was the 10th pick. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

“We are not finding the next Pat Mahomes with the 6th pick”

Mahomes was the 10th pick. 

He was also the Second Qb off the board.   The last two years the second QB was off the board with the second pick.

47 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

He was also the Second Qb off the board.   The last two years the second QB was off the board with the second pick.

Right, it can be done.