SportsWrath

Giants to be on a new offseason hard knocks

Mr. P

Oh man those qb interviews were great tv.  I might start watching all the offseason hard knocks if I’m gonna get that every year.  I’m also 2% less scared of Daniels being in the division now and 10% more disappointed that we couldn’t trade up for maye 

4 hours ago, Herc said:

Oh man those qb interviews were great tv.  I might start watching all the offseason hard knocks if I’m gonna get that every year.  I’m also 2% less scared of Daniels being in the division now and 10% more disappointed that we couldn’t trade up for maye 

Dabs just went after Daniels lol 

You could tell Daboll would of killed to trade for Maye.

Love that insight into the interview process. 

Hopefully we get a good look into the war room during draft day. 

8 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Loved the draft interview stuff in the episode along with the talk with Barkley. 

Seems like Daboll fell in love with Maye. 

You still think the giants didn’t actually try to trade for Maye?

8 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Loved the draft interview stuff in the episode along with the talk with Barkley. 

Seems like Daboll fell in love with Maye. 

You still think the giants didn’t actually try to trade for Maye?

The pats did not seem interested at all in that preliminary conversation we heard.  Really bad timing that mr trade down bill left just a month earlier

17 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

No I didn't think they tried to trade up for that LT. 

The following exchange is what made me think you didn’t believe they tried to trade for Maye:

On 4/30/2024 at 10:39 AM, Mr. P said:

well all except this one guy says they were trying to trade for Maye. 

On 4/30/2024 at 11:04 AM, BlueInCanada said:

Their all flipping hot cakes.

Hot cake salesmen looking for their moment because of it does happen then they can sit there and say "see see! I was right!"

Outside of maybe Boozebag Ian and Schefty the rest have zero idea and their sources are typically equipment managers and low ranking employees.

Belichek went into it during McAfees draft special, and Micheal Lombardi even talked about it saying that all these pundits and their "sources" are straight up lies and slander usually fed to them by the team or agents. 

Fucking hate what sports media has become. 

On 4/30/2024 at 11:38 AM, Mr. P said:

They are all saying the same thing, except for one guy.  It’s clear they tried to trade up for Maye.  

Garafolo is a guy I trust above most of the others. 

On 4/30/2024 at 12:20 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Here's the thing though and how I look at 99% of these pundits "Sources" 

Who in the Giants organization has the power for trade for Maye? Schoen and maybe Mara is he was talking with Kraft.

We know for a fact Schoen isn't the one leaking the information that he was in talks with the Patriots or what was offered. 

So it must be a "Source" inside the Patriots leaking any sort of information to beat writers, which I'm not going to take for face value. 

The only people who know what happened during that time frame is Schoen and whoever he may have talked to come draft time.   

Now unless Gerafolo comes out and says "I've heard it from Schoens mouth that he offered three picks specifically for Drake Maye" then he's just as trustworthy as any other hot cake flipper out there. 

On 4/30/2024 at 12:39 PM, Mr. P said:

So you’re done with all nfl rumors then?

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

The following exchange is what made me think you didn’t believe they tried to trade for Maye:

No just most "sources" are hot cake flippers like the rest.

Turns out they got this one correct, which can actually be proven by this hard knocks episode. 

Now what would be really great is if during draft night they show Schoen actually offering multiple firsts for Maye.

2 hours ago, Herc said:

The pats did not seem interested at all in that preliminary conversation we heard.  Really bad timing that mr trade down bill left just a month earlier

I would assume they are just asking to much at one point. 

If it was that evident that the Giants loved Maye there's nothing stopping the Pats from saying "Ok we want four first round picks, Lawrence and Jones" 

Look at what Carolina was trying to get for Burns, two firsts. 

On 7/10/2024 at 3:04 PM, Herc said:

Maye is the real deal. In three years nobody is going to care about that time Tommy DeVito won three games.

On 7/10/2024 at 12:42 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Seems like Schoen and Barkley were sick of each other during that talk like both sides knew what was going to happen.

Barkley was ready to leave and Schoen wasn't going to pay. 

Yeah...will be interesting to see if later episodes show whether Barkley ever gives the Giants an opportunity to match the market.  Think the Giants did him right by not tagging him.  

As for the WR interviews, I liked Odunze.  His responses were more canned, but they were the right ones.  I am wary of divas.  Not saying Nabors will be one, but if Dabs is telling him he is gonna have to chill now...game time might get entertaining for wrong reasons.

I think if it wasnt for CB and WR needs, we mighta just jumped up for Maye.

16 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Maye is the real deal. In three years nobody is going to care about that time Tommy DeVito won three games.

I don't think Maye does well on his next team.

I have zero faith in the Pats to do anything with that team.

I still think JJ will turn out to have the best career out of all of them. Maybe not the flashiest of careers, but steady growth and a couple of SB's at least. Kind of like Eli, he'll keep plugging along while everyone else is flash in the pan. 

10 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

John Mara is way too involved in joes decision making. 

Thankfully he left final call on Barkley up to him.  But I can now see why schoen seemed more interested in signing Barkley than I would’ve expected.  I think he was just going through the motions for Mara and the fans 

Yeah but it’s clearly having some role in Joe’s decision making. And I get there is a lot of reason for Mara to be keen on keeping Saquon. But I’ll bet successful teams don’t have owners tell the Gm multiple times how losing a player would affect their sleep. 

2 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Yeah but it’s clearly having some role in Joe’s decision making. And I get there is a lot of reason for Mara to be keen on keeping Saquon. But I’ll bet successful teams don’t have owners tell the Gm multiple times how losing a player would affect their sleep. 

If it was affecting Schoen at all Barkley would still be in Blue making 15+ million a year.

I think it's less Mara trying to influence, and looking more for answers from Schoen.

I mean if your the owner of a team and your GM signed a horrible average often injured QB to 40+ million a year, while telling you it's alright to let the only positive on a team that has been perpetual shit for 10+ years walk in FA.

I'm sure you'd have a few talks with that GM about the concerns you'd have.

28 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

If it was affecting Schoen at all Barkley would still be in Blue making 15+ million a year.

I think it's less Mara trying to influence, and looking more for answers from Schoen.

I mean if your the owner of a team and your GM signed a horrible average often injured QB to 40+ million a year, while telling you it's alright to let the only positive on a team that has been perpetual shit for 10+ years walk in FA.

I'm sure you'd have a few talks with that GM about the concerns you'd have.

I’ll bet Mara had no small influence in the decision to give Jones that contract. 

On 7/17/2024 at 8:29 AM, Herc said:

Thankfully he left final call on Barkley up to him.  But I can now see why schoen seemed more interested in signing Barkley than I would’ve expected.  I think he was just going through the motions for Mara and the fans 

This... I would have let Barkley walk last year.  Rebuild completely... stop this nickel and dime stuff.  We gave up Tiki a year before the big Super Bowl win against the Patsie in 2008.  Let Barkley walk and take your lumps.  You are on a 3-5 year cycle anyway.  Go hard core all the way or get into another line of business.  No half steps.

On 7/17/2024 at 6:44 PM, Virginia Giant said:

I’ll bet Mara had no small influence in the decision to give Jones that contract. 

Ayup.... which means to stay out of the heavy decisions to which you have too much of an emotional attachment too.  That decision required pure logic and pragmatism.