SportsWrath

Ok it's official, GOAT HoF WR Nabers first interview at camp.

18 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Stared him down the whole way

The DJ apologists will be swearing till they day they die that if Daniel Jones just had an offensive line like the early 90's Cowboys and WR's like Jerry Rice and Tim Brown, that he could have been a good QB by year 11.

I mean...I do think the lack of offensive line had a negative impact on his play, and more specifically exacerbated the stare down issue.  

But yeah, thats likely incomplete or intercepted on Sundays.

5 hours ago, mastershake said:

The DJ apologists will be swearing till they day they die that if Daniel Jones just had an offensive line like the early 90's Cowboys and WR's like Jerry Rice and Tim Brown, that he could have been a good QB by year 11.

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

I mean...I do think the lack of offensive line had a negative impact on his play, and more specifically exacerbated the stare down issue.  

But yeah, thats likely incomplete or intercepted on Sundays.

At best DJ was a good college QB at Duke... however in the pros he is at best a backup and more likely a third string practice squad candidate.

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

At best DJ was a good college QB at Duke... however in the pros he is at best a backup and more likely a third string practice squad candidate.

His college stats weren’t good either. Arguably, he’s improved since becoming a pro. He was a damn fool projection based on tools. 

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

He owes his entire career to like 4-5 games over 5 years (e.g. his first game against Tampa, playoff game against MN). If not for those 4-5 games, he'd never been in contention for a starting QB position.

4 straight years of DJ, and still hasn't cracked the 20TD mark during that span, and has hit a maximum of 15 TDs only in one season.

The "If your first read isn't there, just take off and run for it" Daboll offense has been exposed and is a sham. DJ can't play outside this system too.

15 hours ago, jranieli said:

The Giants should have stuck with Eli for one more year and used that that pick for somethin else. 

The funny thing too is the following year's 2020 draft consisted of five franchise QB's lol.

Granted, I'm happy with Andrew Thomas, but still....

On 6/5/2024 at 5:07 PM, CrazedDogs said:

His college stats weren’t good either. Arguably, he’s improved since becoming a pro. He was a damn fool projection based on tools. 

Well Duke is far from being a football powerhouse... just ask Dave Brown.  :laugh:

On 6/5/2024 at 5:37 PM, mastershake said:

He owes his entire career to like 4-5 games over 5 years (e.g. his first game against Tampa, playoff game against MN). If not for those 4-5 games, he'd never been in contention for a starting QB position.

4 straight years of DJ, and still hasn't cracked the 20TD mark during that span, and has hit a maximum of 15 TDs only in one season.

The "If your first read isn't there, just take off and run for it" Daboll offense has been exposed and is a sham. DJ can't play outside this system too.

I think Daboll gave him that system because he is incapable of reading the field in the pro system.  Defenses have caught up and dedicate a defensive spy for him and tell their DB's to follow his eyes as it will be at least a two interception game.