SportsWrath

Official petition to draft Michael Penix Jr thread

it is worth noting, Penix had the lowest career sack rate of any of the QBs being discussed.  And pressures rarely convert to sacks with him.  He makes very quick, good decisions.  Not dismissing the blind side protection issue, but Penix is a guy good at avoiding sacks, and it isn't because he tucks the ball and runs, but because he sees the field fast and makes decisions fast.  

Also if we draft Penisex with the 2nd round pick then I want him to wear those trench knee braces that the Oline wear every single game.

The dude is one Bosa leg chop away from not being able to walk. 

22 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

it is worth noting, Penix had the lowest career sack rate of any of the QBs being discussed.  And pressures rarely convert to sacks with him.  He makes very quick, good decisions.  Not dismissing the blind side protection issue, but Penix is a guy good at avoiding sacks, and it isn't because he tucks the ball and runs, but because he sees the field fast and makes decisions fast.  

"To be fair" as a character from Letterkenny would say.  

Penisex tackles from Washington are going one in the top 10 and the other in the first two rounds.

The guard is probably a late round pick too.

All for nothing but three NFL quality players on the Oline will make any QBs life easy. 

He won't have that luxury here. 

However I do agree Penisex has the fundamentals of being a QB down pat and if he didn't have four season ending injuries in back to back years and two in highschool, he'd probably be rivalling Caleb for #1 consideration.

But Christ that injury history is scary. 

50 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Penisex tackles from Washington are going one in the top 10 and the other in the first two rounds.

All for nothing but three NFL quality players on the Oline will make any QBs life easy. 

However I do agree Penisex has the fundamentals of being a QB down pat and if he didn't have four season ending injuries in back to back years and two in highschool, he'd probably be rivalling Caleb for #1 consideration.

To be faaaaiiiirrrrr.  That’s why I said career and not just his Washington career. But. Yeah I’m sure there was marked improvement at Washington. 

9 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

We just have to roll the dice bro... L'audace... audacity when faced with adversity.  We should not stand pat...

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

We just have to roll the dice bro... L'audace... audacity when faced with adversity.  We should not stand pat...

Man if we got Nabers and Penix with picks 1 and 2 I'd be pretty happy with the draft.

I'd just be praying for both his ACLs every time he drops back lol 

Can't tell me Nike or Under armor can't design some fancy carbon fiber knee brace that won't impact his throwing motion but still give him support from impacts to his knees.

8 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Man if we got Nabers and Penix with picks 1 and 2 I'd be pretty happy with the draft.

Can't tell me Nike or Under armor can't design some fancy carbon fiber knee brace that won't impact his throwing motion but still give him support from impacts to his knees.

That is a perfect scenario.  But I’m not gonna lie. I may be too high on him but I’ll take Penix at 6. But if we could get him a number one Wr and still draft him. That’s a functional offense. 

12 hours ago, Herc said:

At this point he’s a lower injury risk than a qb with two neck injuries.  

True, but betting the next 5 seasons on a guy who has not been able to stay healthy through highschool and college seems a poor decision.    Maybe it makes sense in the second round, but that still feels very close to a wasted pick to me.      Just to argue with myself, there is nothing saying the other QBs in this draft are not one rolled up lineman from a blown out knee and shortened career.

20 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

For sure bro... for sure. :laugh:

7 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

True, but betting the next 5 seasons on a guy who has not been able to stay healthy through highschool and college seems a poor decision.    Maybe it makes sense in the second round, but that still feels very close to a wasted pick to me.      Just to argue with myself, there is nothing saying the other QBs in this draft are not one rolled up lineman from a blown out knee and shortened career.

For sure... football at that level is a violent and unforgiving sport.  I would rather have three years of beautiful QB play as opposed to six years of nothing.

4 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

He seems to be getting a really close look.  He may go higher than expected.

If a couple teams get comfortable with his health he’ll go to 10. There will be trades to get him

2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Seems like the QBs always get inflated during draft month. Six QBs in the mix for the 1st round? Has that ever actually happened before? 

Have 6 Qb's been successful out of one draft?

18 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Seems like the QBs always get inflated during draft month. Six QBs in the mix for the 1st round? Has that ever actually happened before? 

With the 2021 draft failing I believe the pundits were saying 1980s six QBs were taken in one draft, which resulted in Elway and Jim Kelly.

20 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

With the 2021 draft failing I believe the pundits were saying 1980s six QBs were taken in one draft, which resulted in Elway and Jim Kelly.

I should have remembered that, I was thinking the '83 draft was five QBs ---- Elway, Marino, Kelly, Blackledge, and (LOL @ Jets) O'Brien. Who did I forget? ----- aha, Eason. 

14 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I should have remembered that, I was thinking the '83 draft was five QBs ---- Elway, Marino, Kelly, Blackledge, and (LOL @ Jets) O'Brien. Who did I forget? ----- aha, Eason. 

That was the famous draft.  Elway and Marino were worth it... the rest were mediocre.