SportsWrath

Do we make a move?

Virginia Giant

Just a note related to the stupid Bears. The 2021 draft class for QBs could be shaping up to be one of the worst in NFL history. Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Mac Jones, Justin Fields.

Maybe one or two of them turns it on the rest of the season and in upcoming years, but this could easily go in the direction of worst QB class in recent history.

45 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Just a note related to the stupid Bears. The 2021 draft class for QBs could be shaping up to be one of the worst in NFL history. Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Mac Jones, Justin Fields.

Maybe one or two of them turns it on the rest of the season and in upcoming years, but this could easily go in the direction of worst QB class in recent history.

I'll never understand the Wilson or Lance hype.

Both guys are undersized RPO, scrambling QBs in college, hell Lance played all of what? 5 games?

Jones and Fields atleast had the experience in college.

Also Lawrence has looked horribly average for a guy who was touted to be the next "generational QB" 

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'll never understand the Wilson or Lance hype.

Both guys are undersized RPO, scrambling QBs in college, hell Lance played all of what? 5 games?

Jones and Fields atleast had the experience in college.

Also Lawrence has looked horribly average for a guy who was touted to be the next "generational QB" 

Whenever I watched Lawrence at Clemson, I saw what might be a decent QB, but I never understood where all the hype around him being the next "generational QB" came from. I never saw that, despite "analysts" all swearing he was the next big thing.

At least give Lawrence another year. These are the Jags we are talking about. At least they are gave him a competent coach and they did look decent against the Giants. Last year was a disaster for them. Like ours. 

I get it, to much hype coming out of college. 

56 minutes ago, jranieli said:

At least give Lawrence another year. These are the Jags we are talking about. At least they are gave him a competent coach and they did look decent against the Giants. Last year was a disaster for them. Like ours. 

He definitely has more potential than the other 4, and I agree don't count him out yet.

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

Chicago has a history of bad trades (e.g. Rick Mirer). What a pathetic franchise.

For the Giants, I'm also glad they stayed put and kept their draft capital. While it's nice being 6-2, I don't see them going on a run this year.

Jeudy would have been nice for maybe a 3rd and 5th, considering you could control keeping him for 2 years (4th year then 5th year option), but I'm not willing to go higher than that.

I think that's basically why no trade took place.   The Giants didn't want to pay whatever the Broncos were asking for (assuming the Broncos even wanted to trade).

1 hour ago, jranieli said:

I see the talent and the poise....  It's similar to what happened with the Bills' Josh Allen. 

6 hours ago, mastershake said:

Whenever I watched Lawrence at Clemson, I saw what might be a decent QB, but I never understood where all the hype around him being the next "generational QB" came from. I never saw that, despite "analysts" all swearing he was the next big thing.

I'm not a good judge of NFL talent at the college level, especially at QB.  But I agree I never saw him as a Peyton Manning type talent, where you knew he was going to be a legend.  I'm just going by the "the experts can't be this wrong about him" and assume he will figure it out.  Just really bad luck to be on the Jags.  There are a few franchises that I think will just never develop quarterbacks.  Jags, Browns, Jets...