SportsWrath

Training Camp...news, updates, sightings

gmenroc

55 minutes ago, 기둥서방 said:

Sounds like Thibs is ready to roll now. 

It is a lot easier to come in as a Defensive Edge guy than it is to come in and play Tackle from a technique standpoint.      Hopefully by the end of camp Thibs has given Neal lots of different looks and has him better prepared for week 1

4 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

It is a lot easier to come in as a Defensive Edge guy than it is to come in and play Tackle from a technique standpoint.      Hopefully by the end of camp Thibs has given Neal lots of different looks and has him better prepared for week 1

yeah.  I’m not saying that to shit on Neal.  More to praise Thibs. 

I’m personally way more excited about Thibs. 

2 minutes ago, 기둥서방 said:

yeah.  I’m not saying that to shit on Neal.  More to praise Thibs. 

I’m personally way more excited about Thibs. 

Well a pass rusher is easy to get excited about...    especially in the near term.      Im excited to have the tackle positions locked down for the next 10 years

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Can't wait to see him and Ojulari out there.

Plus Roche was a big surprise. 

We may finally have a pass rush again, after 10 years of not having one lol 

hell maybe Ximines is ready to contribute since he’s been abusing Neal too.    I’d like to see Ellerson Smith contribute. 

Neal is learning that the stuff that worked in elite college ball against not so elite talent does not really work in the NFL where everyone is elite... more or less.  Now he is faced with learning how to play at this level.  Better that Neal get burned now and in early games while learning how to play the position for the future.  The defense is always ahead of the offense right now.  Less to learn and just go.

19 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I hate training camp so much.

Eli never had good camps.

It's just people over reacting to nothing to get clicks.

Let's see how Jones looks in preseason game one. 

Then we can all over react lol 

I am usually like, wake me up until the first preseason game. lol I never pay attention, but it's all over my reddit feed. 

12 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I hate training camp so much.

Eli never had good camps.

It's just people over reacting to nothing to get clicks.

Let's see how Jones looks in preseason game one. 

Then we can all over react lol 

Jones throws a bad pass in practice...  There goes the season.

4 hours ago, jranieli said:

People just want to hate. If he has a good season, great. If he doesn't, then we move on. 

NY Giants fans are just broken.

10 years with the worst record in all of football tied with our name brothers the Jets.

They just want to see a team not be complete dog shit.

Jones very well could flip the switch and pull a Allen, I'd love to see it but Im fully convinced he isn't the starting QB to end the season.

Even if he does turn it around in what is essentially a contract year, he needed to do it a year ago at least to justify his draft status.  Put me in the not sold on DJ camp.

Hope he proves us wrong...but we're seemingly gearing up for new RB and new QB in 2023

I hope Barkley can stay healthy. Same with Jones. The whole offense is a mystery. How do you think they are going to use the two smaller receivers? 

I am excited about the defense. New coordinator with good experience and finally a pass rush. 

2 hours ago, jranieli said:

I hope Barkley can stay healthy. Same with Jones. The whole offense is a mystery. How do you think they are going to use the two smaller receivers? 

I am excited about the defense. New coordinator with good experience and finally a pass rush. 

Wink was a great hire, he can scheme pressure, however there was a reason why he was let go and let's just hope it gave him a kick in the ass. 

I want to see what he makes of McKinney that kid can flat out play safety and said before he reminds me of a Ed Reed with great instincts just not as athletic. 

Ojulari, Thibs, Roche should excel with Wink sending them all over the place getting after the QB. Smith and Ximmines are having decent camps from what I've read so maybe one of them show up.

As for Toney and Robinson I expect to see what the Bills were running with Diggs, Beasley and Sanders. 

Lots of movement to create miss matches on LBs, would hate to cover Toney or Robinson as a big ol' LB.

Not to mention we are seeing in camp that creativity with Jones/Toney lining up at QB with Barkley and Robinson in the backfield. 

Robinson taking snaps at that "wide back" position. 

• 2 weeks later...