SportsWrath

Thibs got #5

BlueInCanada

2 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Don’t remember but was Strahan always vocal? Even during his rookie years?   I know he became the leader afterwards but not sure when he put that stamp on the team.  

He wasn't shy

15 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Don’t remember but was Strahan always vocal? Even during his rookie years?   I know he became the leader afterwards but not sure when he put that stamp on the team.  

Correct.  I don't recall Strahan being assertive from the get-go... he earned his stripes then he grew into the leadership role. 

16 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

When LT and the old crew was still around Strahan kept quiet and had the reputation of the happy go lucky kid.  It was after LT left that Strahan the leader started to emerge. 

That is what I remember.  If I remember correctly, Strahan kept most of the NFL chatter without a bite till he started to become a leader.  You can see the same progression in his studio career.  Strahan the laughing nice guy to Strahan the pointed questioner, going beyond the nice talk.

15 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

That is what I remember.  If I remember correctly, Strahan kept most of the NFL chatter without a bite till he started to become a leader.  You can see the same progression in his studio career.  Strahan the laughing nice guy to Strahan the pointed questioner, going beyond the nice talk.

That’s great!  He learn to become a leader.  I like to believe Tuck and OSi took that same approach abut they didn’t pass it down or no one held it down.  

5 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

That’s great!  He learn to become a leader.  I like to believe Tuck and OSi took that same approach abut they didn’t pass it down or no one held it down.  

JPP was the next in line but he likededed the boom booms too much and his relationship with the Giants kinda blew up in his han...er..face

10 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

For sure.  The talent was not there to carry it on.  They became pathetic.  I only remember the teams from the early 2010's... anything after that other than Odell Beckham, Jones and our expensive RB I don't know who is who anymore.  Now with the new blood I can go back to being a Giants fan.

4 hours ago, gmenroc said:

JPP was the next in line but he likededed the boom booms too much and his relationship with the Giants kinda blew up in his han...er..face

He messed up a great thing here doing that Fourth of July stunt.  He had the NY Oyster in his... err... umm hands.

7 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

He messed up a great thing here doing that Fourth of July stunt.  He had the NY Oyster in his... err... umm hands.

He isn't doing too bad with the Bucs.

vVE1u1B.jpg?1

11 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

He's a no.5 overall pick. Nothing less than Strahan will do. The Olajuaris etc etc ill be happy if we get a Osi, or a Tuck or someone from those kinda players - not from Thibs.

A number 5 should be a generational player like you wrote.  I remember when we picked LT in 1981 with the second pick overall.  You actually had people who wanted the RB Otis Anderson who came to us later anyway.  LT and the rest of the Giants LB's would give Otis concussions when he played for the then Saint Louis Cardinals. :laugh:  LT arguably the best player ever.

29 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

A number 5 should be a generational player like you wrote.  I remember when we picked LT in 1981 with the second pick overall.  You actually had people who wanted the RB Otis Anderson who came to us later anyway.  LT and the rest of the Giants LB's would give Otis concussions when he played for the then Saint Louis Cardinals. :laugh:  LT arguably the best player ever.

heh, well I think you're thinking of Simms.... Anderson was picked in '79.... one pick after Simms. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

heh, well I think you're thinking of Simms.... Anderson was picked in '79.... one pick after Simms. 

Thanks bro... there was another RB wasn't there... picked number one with LT.  Yes Simms from little never heard of Morehead State. :laugh:

Never PICK AN RB in the NFL draft in the first two rounds.  Even if it is Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson or Jim Brown.  No how no way. :laugh:

2 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Thanks bro... there was another RB wasn't there... picked number one with LT.  Yes Simms from little never heard of Morehead State. :laugh:

George Rogers, who if I recall was good until he was hurt, then he wasn't.

And.... he wasn't LT.

5 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

George Rogers, who if I recall was good until he was hurt, then he wasn't.

And.... he wasn't LT.

Yes.... some people were crying for him.  I said LT will be here for at least ten years... Jesus... never draft an RB that high.  Never.

I see Thibs as a more athletic Osi. 

Funny enough the exact same size too. 

But yeah Thibs is going to have a good career, which can be a even great career if he can put it all together.  

And I rarely think that any kid coming out of the draft if ever going to be that good.

Haven't been this excited since we took Ojulari last year.

Then a pick later they take Neal who's a day one starter.

Jeeeeeeeeebuz

43 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I see Thibs as a more athletic Osi. 

Funny enough the exact same size too. 

But yeah Thibs is going to have a good career, which can be a even great career if he can put it all together.  

And I rarely think that any kid coming out of the draft if ever going to be that good.

Haven't been this excited since we took Ojulari last year.

Then a pick later they take Neal who's a day one starter.

Jeeeeeeeeebuz

YESSSSSS!!!! :punk:

35 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

The guy I see in Thibs is Simeon Rice. 

Not quite a hall of famer, but definitely in the hall of damn good.

Good comparison.

I think that's his floor.

I'm already calling the kid the next big pass rusher. 

But as a former defensive player and my favorite player being Strahan I just want another dominant defender.

The 2000s really spoiled me lol 

Strahan, Armstead, Tuck, Osi, JPP, Kiwi, Cofield, Pierce, Webster, the list can go on. 

The guy I see in Thibs is Simeon Rice. 

Not quite a hall of famer, but definitely in the hall of damn good.

I’m setting a higher expectation.