SportsWrath

Move over Jones

BlueInCanada

2 hours ago, Treehugger said:

I think they know, they've just been hiding it. He missed way too much time for a simple muscle injury.

I had a strained neck muscle once that took quite a while to heal. It was over a couple months. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that it's exactly what they said it was.

Once I strained my back and fucked up a nerve where I lost feeling in my big toe. Every time I moved that toe, pain right up my spine. Took two years for that to fully heal with extensive PT for the first 3 months. 

4 hours ago, Treehugger said:

I think they know, they've just been hiding it. He missed way too much time for a simple muscle injury.

I agree with you... without a doubt.  If he wants a life outside of football, he needs to do his own medical stuff now if he already is not.

4 hours ago, jranieli said:

Once I strained my back and fucked up a nerve where I lost feeling in my big toe. Every time I moved that toe, pain right up my spine. Took two years for that to fully heal with extensive PT for the first 3 months. 

Must have been pretty difficult to fuck.

The more I observe this offseason, the more I think Jones won't be a Giant in 2024 unless he sets the world on fire.

Draft will tell the tale for sure, but it seems we are getting some offensive line pieces, maybe a pass rusher at some point and resetting the cap situation.  

We have Tyrod to backup in 22 and bridge to new QB in 23.  Alabama and Ohio St QBs both likely coming out in 23.  Couple other guys that make next draft class significantly better than this one.

Might be playing the long game here, as we should.

17 hours ago, gmenroc said:

The more I observe this offseason, the more I think Jones won't be a Giant in 2024 unless he sets the world on fire.

Draft will tell the tale for sure, but it seems we are getting some offensive line pieces, maybe a pass rusher at some point and resetting the cap situation.  

We have Tyrod to backup in 22 and bridge to new QB in 23.  Alabama and Ohio St QBs both likely coming out in 23.  Couple other guys that make next draft class significantly better than this one.

Might be playing the long game here, as we should.

As he shouldn’t be. If you want to look at QBs who have turned it around after showing nothing there first three years, not much success. Shit David Carr had himself a season under Gary Kubiack and still got the boot in Houston 

On 3/16/2022 at 3:46 PM, CrazedDogs said:

I had a strained neck muscle once that took quite a while to heal. It was over a couple months. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that it's exactly what they said it was.

That would be uncomfortable but it wouldn't stop him from playing.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

if its anything like what I had it probably would have. The problem wasn't the pain, the problem was it limited my range of motion. 

Had that once.  Slept wrong and my neck just locked.  Could only turn so far.  Chiropractor visits over 4 weeks got it back to normal.  Could barely look left or right without turning my torso.  Driving was a bitch.  Getting out of bed was not fun.  No way I was running or anything of the sort.

Nothing residual.  

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

Had that once.  Slept wrong and my neck just locked.  Could only turn so far.  Chiropractor visits over 4 weeks got it back to normal.  Could barely look left or right without turning my torso.  Driving was a bitch.  Getting out of bed was not fun.  No way I was running or anything of the sort.

Nothing residual.  

yeah, that's the one. 

15 hours ago, Treehugger said:

You guys don't have a professional medical staff on hand to get you ready for the day. It's not the same.

Pain is pain and no professional staff can get you from point A to point B.   I’ve had access to great medical staffs in NYU and Weill Cornell… my neck is fucked up and hasn’t healed in over a decade.   It’s been the primary source of my migraine headaches… still is.

2 hours ago, Nas said:

Pain is pain and no professional staff can get you from point A to point B.   I’ve had access to great medical staffs in NYU and Weill Cornell… my neck is fucked up and hasn’t healed in over a decade.   It’s been the primary source of my migraine headaches… still is.

I think the big difference between regular dude injury like mine, and a guy like Daniel Jones, is that I hurt myself doing something like playing with the kids or throwing a stick for the dog (I can't even remember how I hurt it in the first place), and Daniel Jones did it by putting down his head and running full steam into a 300 pound motherfucker. (like.... what? dude..... what are you even thinking....) 

They did describe his injury as being exactly like what I had. Tree and plenty of others think they're lying.... well, it wouldn't be the first time a team lied about a player's medical situation. All I'm saying is, I can see where an injury like that would keep a guy off the field. I think if you haven't experienced it that it may sound like a hang nail kind of issue, but you know it isn't. 

6 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think the big difference between regular dude injury like mine, and a guy like Daniel Jones, is that I hurt myself doing something like playing with the kids or throwing a stick for the dog (I can't even remember how I hurt it in the first place), and Daniel Jones did it by putting down his head and running full steam into a 300 pound motherfucker. (like.... what? dude..... what are you even thinking....) 

They did describe his injury as being exactly like what I had. Tree and plenty of others think they're lying.... well, it wouldn't be the first time a team lied about a player's medical situation. All I'm saying is, I can see where an injury like that would keep a guy off the field. I think if you haven't experienced it that it may sound like a hang nail kind of issue, but you know it isn't. 

The injuries I’ve had are at that level of vicious.   A small guy like me had no business trying to tackle a 280 lb RB going full steam (no one else even tried).  As it turned out I was a split second too early and his knee hit me on the side of the head causing my neck to have a burst of clicks (the sound you heard when a chiro cracks your back).  I got up and continued playing… I guess pure adrenaline.   I’ve not been the same since.

I haven't read up on his injury, but if like mine...there was no way he was going to play.  Again, pain was not my issue.  I literally could not turn my head and my neck was stuck slightly to the right.  Could not look straight ahead without turning shoulders or at the hip.

This would've destroyed any accuracy if I was still able to throw at all.  Pushing a lawnmower sucked hard...let alone trying to run.  I fully get him not being able to play...especially with long term considerations to not hurt it more

14 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I haven't read up on his injury, but if like mine...there was no way he was going to play.  Again, pain was not my issue.  I literally could not turn my head and my neck was stuck slightly to the right.  Could not look straight ahead without turning shoulders or at the hip.

This would've destroyed any accuracy if I was still able to throw at all.  Pushing a lawnmower sucked hard...let alone trying to run.  I fully get him not being able to play...especially with long term considerations to not hurt it more

I know exactly what you're talking about... staring at the mirror trying to tilt your head right and it doesn't budge... the stifness/pain was so bad that I insisted on a back up camera for the car I was buying then (2011 then).    I couldn't look back while reversing the car.. 

15 hours ago, Nas said:

You might have great insurance but it's not a dedicated 24 hour medical team tasked with getting a multimillion dollar asset back on the field. They're not resting him until he feels better, they're playing him as soon as they can shoot him full of enough cortisone that he can turn his head to see the field.

The injury has to be pretty damn serious for him to have missed more than a game or two. Not just nagging tightness. 

8 hours ago, Treehugger said:

You might have great insurance but it's not a dedicated 24 hour medical team tasked with getting a multimillion dollar asset back on the field. They're not resting him until he feels better, they're playing him as soon as they can shoot him full of enough cortisone that he can turn his head to see the field.

The injury has to be pretty damn serious for him to have missed more than a game or two. Not just nagging tightness. 

After he missed his fourth game I started to wonder too, but I don't think they'd fuck with his neck like that. Pumping an ankle full of cortisone is one thing, but the neck?..... seems like an awful idea to me.

9 hours ago, Treehugger said:

No I get all of that.  But there are limits (and some ethical questions) to what drugs can do.