SportsWrath

John Mara: "We dug a hole so deep that I didn't see a clear path out of it unless we completely blew it up"

BronxRik

44 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

It was obvious as early as week 3 Judge was terrible at his job and needed to be fired.  

Yep. And to all the people who want to make excuses, that he had injuries and backup QBs the last four to five games. Well, before that he was 4-7 or 4-8. So before the backup QBs came in, he had a ~33% winning percentage (and that was with Toney and Shepherd in a lot of those games). Even down the stretch on offense, he had Barkley, Engram, Golladay, Slayton, Booker, Rudolph; with these players, a competent coach/team could work with even with an atrocious OL and backup QB; at the very least, it wouldn't be the embarrassing clown show we got with Judge.

I also say again that Glennon wasn't nearly this bad in prior years when he was on the hapless Jaguars and Bears in recent season. He was an okay backup (yes he lost a ton of games, but his numbers were never this bad). Judge and Co made him look like he doesn't even belong in the NFL at all.

1 hour ago, Pdouble said:

It was obvious as early as week 3 Judge was terrible at his job and needed to be fired.  

I was still pretty confident in him until the play clock incident.... then the challenge incident faded it further... And the media apparently sat on locker room gripes and front office v. coach friction until post firing.... that would have changed my view a lot.

Mara apparently wasn't any more aware than we were, so we just have to hope that pampered fuck falls ass backwards into a great choice for GM and HC. He probably won't get there on merit.

8 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I was still pretty confident in him until the play clock incident.... then the challenge incident faded it further... And the media apparently sat on locker room gripes and front office v. coach friction until post firing.... that would have changed my view a lot.

Mara apparently wasn't any more aware than we were, so we just have to hope that pampered fuck falls ass backwards into a great choice for GM and HC. He probably won't get there on merit.

What sealed it for me was the headset debacle. From there, I knew this was a guy who makes excuses, blames others, and is always unprepared (plus who doesn't have control or isn't collaborating with his offensive and defensive coordinators like a real coach needs to).

The nail in the coffin was the press conference after the Bears game, and the flowers on top of the coffin was the QB sneak against Washington.

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

Exactly. 2022 with Judge would have been just a transitory year, and a delay to get you to the start of the rebuild in 2023. Now we can start the rebuild in 2022. It may not be pretty; there will be a lot cap casualties of young players playing in 2022 I imagine, but it's necessary.

True... it is what it is... or will be what it will be.  Hungry young guys who will fight and probably lose at least ten games.  However, they will learn and get better for 2023 IMHO.

1 hour ago, Pdouble said:

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Yep. And to all the people who want to make excuses, that he had injuries and backup QBs the last four to five games. Well, before that he was 4-7 or 4-8. So before the backup QBs came in, he had a ~33% winning percentage (and that was with Toney and Shepherd in a lot of those games). Even down the stretch on offense, he had Barkley, Engram, Golladay, Slayton, Booker, Rudolph; with these players, a competent coach/team could work with even with an atrocious OL and backup QB; at the very least, it wouldn't be the embarrassing clown show we got with Judge.

I also say again that Glennon wasn't nearly this bad in prior years when he was on the hapless Jaguars and Bears in recent season. He was an okay backup (yes he lost a ton of games, but his numbers were never this bad). Judge and Co made him look like he doesn't even belong in the NFL at all.

29 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

25 minutes ago, Herc said:

Luckily he’s been doing that since he was born so at some point we’ll get this right 

I may have a quick trigger... but you needed a foot in the ass kind of guy at GM with Judge.  After week three he needed a foot in the ass to improve and/or a foot in the ass to get out and I get someone in here who can improve.  Simple as that.  It takes real moxie to do that, plus you are exposing yourself to the bosses as GM.  However when you put on the big boy pants you have to deal with big boy issues.  ;) 

47 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

A typical prince born on third base and acted/acts like he hit a triple.

38 minutes ago, mastershake said:

What sealed it for me was the headset debacle. From there, I knew this was a guy who makes excuses, blames others, and is always unprepared (plus who doesn't have control or isn't collaborating with his offensive and defensive coordinators like a real coach needs to).

The nail in the coffin was the press conference after the Bears game, and the flowers on top of the coffin was the QB sneak against Washington.

The coffin moment was after game three... really needed to go after Headset Gate and it was pure bullshit that could have been handled in so many better/different ways that just disappeared when he thought the controversy was dead.  Typical cover your ass bullshit artist that was way in over his head.  The Peter Principle as so many have written... writ large.