SportsWrath

2022 NFL Draft

gmenroc

22 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also what a shit year for trading down.

Unlike last year with QBs who were decent prospects no QB is expected to go in the top 10.

The Giants are going to have a hard time finding a trade partner unless they can convince someone that the Falcons are gonna take a QB.

I bet at least one maybe 2 qbs go top ten.  

most mocks have at least one in the top ten. 

6 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

I bet at least one maybe 2 qbs go top ten.  

most mocks have at least one in the top ten. 

Maybe one.

And that's to the Falcons. 

But no other team in the top 10 need a QB.

Especially with all the OL and DE talent in the top 10.

There will be a run after that though, I can see the big three going before the end of the first but that will be in the teens IMO 

Granted we still have an off season to go and there's always one or two trades that shake everything up. 

Very well could be a team leapfrogs into the top 5 if they fall in love with a QB.

But as it stands I don't see a team willing to throw a Eli Manning type package to trade up. 

But that's what Giants football is all about talking about the draft since October. 

17 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Granted we still have an off season to go and there's always one or two trades that shake everything up. 

Very well could be a team leapfrogs into the top 5 if they fall in love with a QB.

But as it stands I don't see a team willing to throw a Eli Manning type package to trade up. 

But that's what Giants football is all about talking about the draft since October. 

There’s also still plenty of time before the draft.

Lots of time for people to move up and down boards.  

1 minute ago, Pdouble said:

There’s also still plenty of time before the draft.

Lots of time for people to move up and down boards.  

Yep.

I still think the Giants should package their 5th and a second round pick and move up to draft one of the two big pass rushers and pair him with Ojulari.

Then get the best IOL at 8.

You suddenly have a fearsome pass rush and a guard to pair with Thomas. 

But Judge being Judge and the bitch boy they hire as GM I wouldn't be surprised to see a CB and a LB taken in the first. 

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yep.

I still think the Giants should package their 5th and a second round pick and move up to draft one of the two big pass rushers and pair him with Ojulari.

Then get the best IOL at 8.

You suddenly have a fearsome pass rush and a guard to pair with Thomas. 

But Judge being Judge and the bitch boy they hire as GM I wouldn't be surprised to see a CB and a LB taken in the first. 

Wouldn't RT be a bigger need?   I'm ok with anything so long as it's on the OL. 

3 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Officially 4th and 7th overall per tankathon

Something to look forward to…. I’m sure a lot will be happening between now and then.   I’m hoping for a complete turnover at management and coaching.  

Pick

NYG

4-13 · .536

Biggest needs: OL, Edge, TE

DP: The Giants head into the offseason loaded with draft capital, including two of the top seven picks. If they focus on the offensive line and pass rush, and hit on those selections, the G-Men could cure what ails them in the trenches in short order. 

15 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

So....   a shitty season but at least we get the 5th and 7th pick in the draft.   Even the Giants can't fuck this up, can they?

12 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

ah damn, why'd you have to phrase it like its foreshadowing. 

NARRATOR:  But, in fact, the Giants did fuck it up. 

23 hours ago, Herc said:

It’s the only reason I’d be ok with trading them.  I am way too scared that they can’t hit both picks 

how the fuck did the Jets move up to the 4th spot and we're not in 5th?  Is this right?    Anywho... we also pick 36th so that's another 1st round pick the Giants have a 50/50 chance of fucking up... 

7 minutes ago, Nas said:

how the fuck did the Jets move up to the 4th spot and we're not in 5th?  Is this right?    Anywho... we also pick 36th so that's another 1st round pick the Giants have a 50/50 chance of fucking up... 

I feel a little better after seeing they are Interviewing outside candidates from successful teams.  

as for us moving from 4th to 5th, the Jets opponents strength of schedule dipped below ours during the late games I guess.  I couldn’t tell you exactly how but the teams they played must’ve picked up enough L’s

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Giants strength of schedule this season was kinda ridiculous. All else being equal, it explains the drop from six to four wins.

As does the lack of improvement in virtually every area on the field (and sidelines)...