SportsWrath

Daniel Jones

Sephiroth

58 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

After watching the all 22 view I now think it was a broken play or miscommunication in the huddle.

The left side of the line was blocking out, pushing defenders to the edge.... Basically Rudolph in particular helped put the defensive player in position to make the play. 

And I interpret Rudolph's body language after the play as 'what the fuck was that, why you out here DJ?'

I saw a couple folks observe that Jones could have tried to throw to Rudolph. Definitely not true, there was no throwing lane there, and Rudolph hadn't made himself available anyway; he was only planning to block on that play, clearly thought it was a designed run.

Honestly, Kyle Rudolph has the look of a guy who just flat-out doesn't wanna be here.  Have a look not only at that play but at the one where Toney throws the punch;  he does a half-hearted "get the tacklers off Toney" thing, then starts to walk away... sees there's a scrum... and just keeps walking. Didn't even try to block his man after Toney catches the ball. 

9 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Honestly, Kyle Rudolph has the look of a guy who just flat-out doesn't wanna be here.  Have a look not only at that play but at the one where Toney throws the punch;  he does a half-hearted "get the tacklers off Toney" thing, then starts to walk away... sees there's a scrum... and just keeps walking. Didn't even try to block his man after Toney catches the ball. 

Rudolphs effort to save Barkley’s fumble is the reason we have our only win. 

13 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

He had a concussion.  He should sit out this week at least.  Better he be able to read a receipt at 40 than to play a relatively meaningless game for a soon to be gone coach.  Risk getting fucked up again.  For what?

I agree.   I don't care if he feels ready... Concussions are nothing to fuck with... PERIOD.   

6 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

you all realize that Jones didn't practice, right? The surprise was he showed up in uniform. 

Judge Derangement Syndrome is real!

It’s Judge’s archaic communication system. 

9 hours ago, Nas said:

I agree.   I don't care if he feels ready... Concussions are nothing to fuck with... PERIOD.   

This is not good for long term health.  Sit him down for one game please.  It seems as if they are trying to rush him back.  If he plays he can risk permanent life changing injury in his 40's or 50's.  It maybe twenty or thirty years away for him right now... however it comes real quick as time flies.

12 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

This is not good for long term health.  Sit him down for one game please.  It seems as if they are trying to rush him back.  If he plays he can risk permanent life changing injury in his 40's or 50's.  It maybe twenty or thirty years away for him right now... however it comes real quick as time flies.

Exactly.   I suffered a concussion playing football while in the Army.... no one knew about it and I didn't know what to look for (I was too young to even know what a concussion is).   I remember taking 9 advils hoping the headache would subside... it didn't.... and I was in headache hell for over 2 weeks... add that to the few more concussions I suffered after that and here I am with nearly daily headaches... 

• 2 weeks later...
Rank

kzb6mdsczuit1q95csxo

New York Giants · Year 3

2021 stats: 7 games | 63.5 pct | 1,727 pass yds | 7.2 ypa | 5 pass TD | 4 INT | 229 rush yds | 2 rush TD | 5 fumbles

Daniel Jones is now a good quarterback. By good, I mean league average. And by league average, I mean someone who is going to make a lot of money on his next contract. Injuries have made the Giants' offense hard to evaluate, and Jones melted down against the Rams in Week 6, but he's held up well otherwise. The third-year pro has unquestionably improved his processing, and his athletic gifts show up each week, now even as a receiver.

2 minutes ago, Herc said:

I think he’s legit.  I just don’t want to break him mentally before we actually build a team he can win with 

I also don't want him to do a lot of rushing and receiving either... 

2 hours ago, Herc said:

I think he’s legit.  I just don’t want to break him mentally before we actually build a team he can win with 

I like him and think we can win with him. I'm still not sure his ceiling isn't Jake Delhomme.