SportsWrath

2021 Free Agency

Sephiroth

Something that I didn't think about if the team is really sour on Solder is that maybe you can trade him for WR help.  Solder for Brandin Cooks might not be a bad swap, and I think Cooks counts nothing against the cap if you cut him after 2021. 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Something that I didn't think about if the team is really sour on Solder is that maybe you can trade him for WR help.  Solder for Brandin Cooks might not be a bad swap, and I think Cooks counts nothing against the cap if you cut him after 2021. 

Billy O isn't the GM anymore so there isn't someone fucking stupid enough to consider this trade.

Shame though he probably would of done it and thrown in a second round pick as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Also a note on Solder, there are articles/rumors out there he's considering retirement.

Would probably be the best thing for him, his son is still sick, and he'll still get 13 million in guaranteed money that was pushed back because he sat out this year, plus the rest of his guaranteed money from 2022.

Granted the Giants will be on the hook next year for an excess of 17+ million in dead cap if he retires.