SportsWrath

Fuck it.

BlueInCanada

Last seven years have been utter hell as a Giants fan.

The last three have been the worst the of the Giants franchise.

I hated the McAttack hiring, I was meh about the Shurmer hiring.

However with this hiring, for some reason;

b9wprfvmxi341.png&f=1&nofb=1

Next year the team is 10-6, wildcard.

Judge hires two coordinators who just do their fucking jobs, while motivating this team to play better and hold everyone accountable.

I’m waiting to see the coordinators, but I’m not happy about his hire at all. This reeks of desperation. 

I usually find a way to be optimistic, but now I’m thinking it will be at least another 3 to 5 years before this team even has a winning record. I mean really? A guy who’s entire coaching career consists of being a special teams coach? As the head coach of the NY Giants?? SMH this is fucking retarded. 

32 minutes ago, JayD said:

I’m waiting to see the coordinators, but I’m not happy about his hire at all. This reeks of desperation. 

I usually find a way to be optimistic, but now I’m thinking it will be at least another 3 to 5 years before this team even has a winning record. I mean really? A guy who’s entire coaching career consists of being a special teams coach? As the head coach of the NY Giants?? SMH this is fucking retarded. 

See I felt the same way about MacAdoo.

But I dunno maybe it's because I'm sick of hiring coaches who are going to call plays.

Or the fact that we are getting two new coordinators.

I dunno it's grown on me and I can't explain why.

Maybe blind optimism or just sick of losing.

Hey I'm not going to pretend I know coaches... and I don't think any of us should either.... Maybe this guy has what it takes.    I'm more interested in who the DC will be... Is Wade Phillips still available?

14 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Last seven years have been utter hell as a Giants fan.

The last three have been the worst the of the Giants franchise.

I hated the McAttack hiring, I was meh about the Shurmer hiring.

However with this hiring, for some reason;

b9wprfvmxi341.png&f=1&nofb=1

Next year the team is 10-6, wildcard.

Judge hires two coordinators who just do their fucking jobs, while motivating this team to play better and hold everyone accountable.

Any combination of three years between 1964 and 1980 make the last three look like the Steeler's run in the 70s Blue. They went through 5 coaches, three stadiums ...and shit...between 73 and 80 the Gman went:

2 -11

2-12

5- 9

3 - 11

5 - 9

6 -10

6 - 10

4 - 12

Want to talk about brain dead...in one draft when you used to have 12 rounds..they used 5 of their first 8 picks on Running Backs.

Oh...and the biggest insult...they did part of it in uniforms so god awful...sportswarth won't let me post them....but trust me...it was like the Brown Acid at Woodstock bad. 

Its going to be okay.

C. Wagon

11 hours ago, JayD said:

I hope you are right man. I hate to be the downer. 

Just seems to me there were a couple guys that had much better experience. Seems really odd to pass them by for a totally unproven guy. 

I mean like everyone else I have no idea how this is going to pan out.

But for some reason I'm more optimistic then the MacAttack or Shurmur hiring.

I just want to see who we gets in on the coaching staff, supposed to be talk he's going to bring in  a number of Patriot coaches with him.

But who does he get as OC and DC?

Would really show how good of a HC he can be if he gets like Phillips and Gruden.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Any combination of three years between 1964 and 1980 make the last three look like the Steeler's run in the 70s Blue. They went through 5 coaches, three stadiums ...and shit...between 73 and 80 the Gman went:

2 -11

2-12

5- 9

3 - 11

5 - 9

6 -10

6 - 10

4 - 12

Want to talk about brain dead...in one draft when you used to have 12 rounds..they used 5 of their first 8 picks on Running Backs.

Oh...and the biggest insult...they did part of it in uniforms so god awful...sportswarth won't let me post them....but trust me...it was like the Brown Acid at Woodstock bad. 

Its going to be okay.

C. Wagon

Oh I know I've been spoiled as a Giants fan.

I started watching not to long after the 2000s SB that one we all want to forget.

Been pretty golden compared to as you said the 70s and 80s.

But still it's a shame a franchise that's been respected league wide is now on its third coach within 5 years and have been the worst franchise in football the last three.

13 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean like everyone else I have no idea how this is going to pan out.

But for some reason I'm more optimistic then the MacAttack or Shurmur hiring.

I just want to see who we gets in on the coaching staff, supposed to be talk he's going to bring in  a number of Patriot coaches with him.

But who does he get as OC and DC?

Would really show how good of a HC he can be if he gets like Phillips and Gruden.

I do think the OC and DC will be interesting...   will he be bringing in guys he wants or will it be the guys that Gettleman/Mara bring in to babysit him.

1 hour ago, Storm said:

I hated the hire. I would have hated Rhule hiring, too. McCarthy was the pick.

McCarthy wanted nothing to do with the Giants apparently.

They requested a second interview with him and he didn't give them a chance signing with Dallas.

I still don't think he's going to do much more than what Garrett did for them.

Just this time he won't have Rodgers to bail him out of awful play calling and game management.

1 hour ago, GorillaNJ said:

I do think the OC and DC will be interesting...   will he be bringing in guys he wants or will it be the guys that Gettleman/Mara bring in to babysit him.

There's speculation that the only reason he got the job is because none of the other candidates would be Mara's puppets.

Who knows.

At this point who cares he's the guy who hopefully brings us back out of the trash pile we've been in the last 3 years.

One year, we had to keep some schmuck named Bill Parcells because Howard Schnellengerger didn't want the job. 

Another, we missed out on drafting Jerome McDougle and had to settle for Osi Umenyiora. 

The Ravens, in a simliar situation to us, couldn't lure the great Jason Garrett away from Dallas and had to settle for their other choice, John Harbaugh. 

There's nothing saying this won't work. 

13 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

One year, we had to keep some schmuck named Bill Parcells because Howard Schnellengerger didn't want the job. 

Another, we missed out on drafting Jerome McDougle and had to settle for Osi Umenyiora. 

The Ravens, in a simliar situation to us, couldn't lure the great Jason Garrett away from Dallas and had to settle for their other choice, John Harbaugh. 

Amen brother....Amen

On 1/8/2020 at 1:16 PM, Sephiroth said:

Seph, did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

On 1/8/2020 at 3:04 PM, Storm said:

I hated the hire. I would have hated Rhule hiring, too. McCarthy was the pick.

Did you see McCarthy’s presser introduction in Dallas. It was bloody awful in my opinion.

Judge looked impressive today

6 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Did you see McCarthy’s presser introduction in Dallas. It was bloody awful in my opinion.

Judge looked impressive today

Horrendous - he looked like same old (older school) type of preaching shit that doesnt connect too well with the current millenial players. Im not gonna comment any further since we have no clue how the season is gonna pan out. But I have a feeling it wont be long before Jerry starts meddling with McCarthy. All I want is for McCarthy to put Zeke on the same diet Eddie Lacy was on :D

8 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Horrendous - he looked like same old (older school) type of preaching shit that doesnt connect too well with the current millenial players. Im not gonna comment any further since we have no clue how the season is gonna pan out. But I have a feeling it wont be long before Jerry starts meddling with McCarthy. All I want is for McCarthy to put Zeke on the same diet Eddie Lacy was on :D

not-really-eddie-lacy-390x285.png