SportsWrath

Giants hire joe judge

Herc

3 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

One note on the #Giants: Matt Rhule called them before signing his 6-year deal with the #Panthers and gave them the opportunity to match and lure him to get on the plane. They declined and hired Joe Judge instead.

Yeah Rhules signed some 80 million dollar contract and I guess the Panthers had to buy out his Baylor contract as well.

See I like this hiring abit more than the last two simply because it's more of a Coughlin type of hire.

You get a HC who isnt going to call plays and let his coordinators do their job every week.

You get a guy who is simply going to do the HC duties, be the motivator, the teacher, the disciplinarian.

Hopefully his game day decisions and management are better then the last two as well.

42 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

If they could get Garrett and Phillips to be the coordinators suddenly this team doesn't look so bad coaching wise.

All reports are players love Judge.

So maybe they wanted a motivator HC and get some coordinators who know how to do their job.

Probably don't want a HC calling plays after being scorned by MacAttack and the recently departed.

I feel the same way.  I really dislike the hire overall though.  Reeks of desperation and most of us had literally no idea who this guy was five days ago. 

1 minute ago, Herc said:

dp

Is that irony, or poetic justice?  

16 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I feel the same way.  I really dislike the hire overall though.  Reeks of desperation and most of us had literally no idea who this guy was five days ago. 

Is that irony, or poetic justice?  

Lol soon as it happened I knew I deserved it 

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

One of the Harbaugh brothers went from special teams to HC as well? I think.

The Ravens coach.

Yep.  Also Mike Tomlin, Marv Levy, Dick Vermeil, Mike Ditka, Bill Cowher and Bill Belichick.

Also, for what it's worth, Walterfootball.com pretty much loves every offseason move the Giants have made so far. 

3 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Yep.  Also Mike Tomlin, Marv Levy, Dick Vermeil, Mike Ditka, Bill Cowher and Bill Belichick.

Also, for what it's worth, Walterfootball.com pretty much loves every offseason move the Giants have made so far. 

It's weird some places are just slamming the Giants like on draft night with Jones.

Others are really praising the move saying the Giants got one of the best up and coming HC candidates.

Who really cares at this point I just want to see who he brings on for the rest of his staff