SportsWrath

Eli

BlueInCanada

2 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

What do you mean? As of now he still is but he wont be back as a back-up next year - thats for sure. I think he will just retire.

His contract is done yo.

He isn't a Giants anymore. 

He's a free agent the moment the clock hit zero in the Eagles game.

6 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Halfway through his third season I'm not sure there was anybody more down on the guy. Now he's my all time favorite Giant. 

Really gonna miss seeing that guy in Blue. 

I was right there with you.

How could this guy who's over throwing curl routes be anything more than a back up?

Then something happened Eli just got his shit together.

Throws that should of never been throw were caught.

4th quarter comebacks that had no chance were the norm.

Hits that would of normally knocked other QBs out were shrugged off.

Suddenly the over thrown passes were being replaced by accurate passes.

Suddenly we had a leader and a QB.

I don't know what I'll feel next year but I know this team is never going to be the same now that Eli is no longer on the sidelines.

DATS MY FUCKING QB!

Results are in from the NFL players who vote to identify the league player who best exemplifies outstanding character and leadership in the home, on the field and in the community. Eli Manning of the New York Giants is the winner of the 2020 Athletes in Action/Bart Starr Award.

The award, bearing the name of NFL Hall of Famer Bart Starr, honors Starr’s lifelong commitment to serving as a positive role model to his family, teammates and community. Past winners of the award include Calais Campbell, Benjamin Watson, Peyton Manning, Anthony Muñoz, Derrick Brooks and Drew Brees.

https://www.giants.com/news/eli-manning-wins-2020-athletes-in-action-bart-starr-award

Supposedly still under used about what to do.

It's good to hear that Mara hasn't closed any doors about having Eli come back as a player or in another role on the team.

Wonder how well he would be as a scout or QB coach. 

He's always had an ability to read a defense on the fly.

8 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Players would listen to him...thats for sure. Would be fun to see Opie on the sidelines with a headset losing his shit :D

I don't think the fan base could take his gosh, golly and gee whiz personality during his press conferences. But I absolutely bet he could get shit done. 

7 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Eli would make a terrific coach I feel - he is a student of the game. Hell, make him the OC!!! Ive seen very few QBs who can just go around reading defenses on the fly

Amen to this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 7:57 PM, BlueInCanada said:

This was one of the best catches of all time .  Eli to Manningham... during the second Super Bowl against the Pats.