SportsWrath

Vernon on the way out ?

UK-Giantsfan

I think it just hasn't worked out the way anyone expected. Vernon has production minus sacks and it is hard when all a QB has to do is avoid Vernon.

If he didn't miss so much of the season early on, he might have been traded same time Harrison was.

I remember being ecstatic when we signed Vernon but I was dead wrong. The guy is good against the run but his pass rush only nets phantom pressure or the occasional Roughing penalty. Hardly worth the money we've paid. Hopefully someone is crazy enough to give us a 2nd or even a 1st if we throw in some extra incentive.

No way we'd get better than a 3rd for him, and I think a 4th or 5th is much more likely.

Honestly though I think this is probably a bad idea. Yes he's overpaid and underperforms but we just don't have any pass rushers on the team. I know everyone wants him and Collins gone but the question is, who will you replace those guys with? It's not like the signing was Alfred Haynesworth bad.

No way we'd get better than a 3rd for him, and I think a 4th or 5th is much more likely.

Honestly though I think this is probably a bad idea. Yes he's overpaid and underperforms but we just don't have any pass rushers on the team. I know everyone wants him and Collins gone but the question is, who will you replace those guys with? It's not like the signing was Alfred Haynesworth bad.

Shit, if anyone offers a 7th is be shocked. Great players are going for mid rd picks.

Probably the most sensible way to look at it.

He's an above average player, getting paid like an almost great player. Maybe we should be thinking in terms of restructure rather than release.

If Vernon had any threat across from him he would have better stats.

He had JPP on the other side. Looking at the pass rush since 2012 it has been average to bad and we've had no answers. We've had too many games that saw offenses dictate to our defense and were able to run/pass at will. Games that QBs would have all day to extend a play and wait for someone to get open. Games that had opposing QBs getting rid of the ball quickly and pick the defense apart.

Have to get more talent and players that fit how Bettcher runs his defense. Looking forward to year two and the improvement of his defense.

Shit, if anyone offers a 7th is be shocked. Great players are going for mid rd picks.

Right now I would trade Vernon for a bag of potato sacks. Because thats the only way we would get anything resembling a sack out Vernon.

I remember being ecstatic when we signed Vernon but I was dead wrong. The guy is good against the run but his pass rush only nets phantom pressure or the occasional Roughing penalty. Hardly worth the money we've paid. Hopefully someone is crazy enough to give us a 2nd or even a 1st if we throw in some extra incentive.

Chatter has the Steelers only probably getting a 2nd for Antonio Brown. No way we get one for Vernon.

QB if hes there... Haskins that is.

No there's no free agent passers worth a damn, and Getty is insane if he goes into the year with Martin and Wynn(if he doesn't walk) as the pass rushers.

Sorry Nas Giants ain't going QB, but I hope they keep the smoke screen going that they love Haskins, so it pushes Josh Allen further down the board.

No there's no free agent passers worth a damn, and Getty is insane if he goes into the year with Martin and Wynn(if he doesn't walk) as the pass rushers.

Sorry Nas Giants ain't going QB, but I hope they keep the smoke screen going that they love Haskins, so it pushes Josh Allen further down the board.

'Zo Carter is the other pass rusher, word is the Giants already looked at him as a starter moving forward. Hence the reason they felt free to trade Vernon.

I think his bookend will come from the top of the draft. Come on Josh Allen!!!