SportsWrath

Anybody catching your eye so far?

Sephiroth

I knew he wasn't a runner.... I didn't know he was going to slack off leading up to the combine & draft.

I don't think he's naturally a 5+ second 40 guy.... he looked better than that scrambling back in college.... its the work ethic that concerns me, not that he ran a 5 sec 40.

I'd like to know where you get that idea about slacking off and work ethic.

Oh he ran a bad 40.

who's catching my eye? Every damn defensive lineman running today. OMG, I've never seen so many huge guys run under 4.7.

It's the new norm of the NFL.

Offenses in college are getting quicker, so it's happening on the NFL.

Now the defenses are catching up.

In a few years time we'll see the return of the grind it put offensewith big lumber players on offense since they can push around these smaller faster defensive players.

seems to always swing that way in the NFL every 10 years or so.

It's the new norm of the NFL.

Offenses in college are getting quicker, so it's happening on the NFL.

Now the defenses are catching up.

In a few years time we'll see the return of the grind it put offensewith big lumber players on offense since they can push around these smaller faster defensive players.

seems to always swing that way in the NFL every 10 years or so.

I posted that before I saw Sweat run. 260 lbs, 4.41 sec 40.

I think there's an unusual number of talented DL this year.

Daniel Jones and Will Grier look good QB selections.

I'd used a second or a trade back into the second for Jones.

The thing about this drag the big five performers, Murray, Taylor, Allen, Boca, Williams, will all be gone by pick six.

These guys are the Barkley of the Draft, instead the Giants will have to settle for someone in the next tier down.

The thing about this drag the big five performers, Murray, Taylor, Allen, Boca, Williams, will all be gone by pick six.

These guys are the Barkley of the Draft, instead the Giants will have to settle for someone in the next tier down.

I would just go with Daniel Jones at #6. Dont even mess around with the Phins or Skins potentially jumping up ahead of us. Other teams late in the 1st might also be in on a qb.

I originally thought we were picking sixth in a five player draft, but now I'm not so sure. Now post combine, and after getting to see some film of a lot of these guys, I think there are six defensive linemen/edge rushers alone that are worth top 6 picks. Throw in Metcalf, Murray, arguably Haskins, I'm even forgetting a couple guys, and now I don't think 6th is a bad place to pick.

Good, deep draft this year. Can't wait to see how we screw this up.

I originally thought we were picking sixth in a five player draft, but now I'm not so sure. Now post combine, and after getting to see some film of a lot of these guys, I think there are six defensive linemen/edge rushers alone that are worth top 6 picks. Throw in Metcalf, Murray, arguably Haskins, I'm even forgetting a couple guys, and now I don't think 6th is a bad place to pick.

It's deep for mid level talent.

The problem with these fast DEs is that all they are fast, as we seen with guys like Osi you just run yourself put of the play with that speed.

I don't even want to take one of these DEs at six unless Allen falls.

I would just go with Daniel Jones at #6. Dont even mess around with the Phins or Skins potentially jumping up ahead of us. Other teams late in the 1st might also be in on a qb.

Naww fuck that Jones is a sit behind your starter for a few years guy, you don't take him at six. If the Giants can trade back into the teens then pull the trigger.on Jones.

Which is what I hope happens at this point honestly.

Get an extra second and pick up a third.

Unless we trade for a QB (unlikely), I say go with Haskins as hes the best QB in the draft (assuming hes even there at 6)... and uf u have to trade with the Jets to make it happen, so be it.... as much as we want other talent, the qb situation is dire....

Well, we got rid of Marc Ross so there's nowhere to go but up.

Last year, we had the double black-swan event of having two third round picks actually contribute.

It's deep for mid level talent.

The problem with these fast DEs is that all they are fast, as we seen with guys like Osi you just run yourself put of the play with that speed.

I don't even want to take one of these DEs at six unless Allen falls.

Allen is my dream pick, that guy is going to be really productive in the NFL.

And I wasn't just talking about DEs, the interior linemen are beasts too. I don't think Quinnen Williams makes it anywhere near the 6th pick, nor does Bosa (I'd take Williams over Allen.... probably not Bosa though). That leaves Josh Allen (my favorite of the bunch), Montez Sweat (not just a combine warrior, he had 10 sacks in the SEC), then you get into three or four more guys that are about the same level as Bradley Chubb, the 5th overall last season (Rashad Gary, Ed Oliver, the Clemson DT whose name I'm drawing a blank on).

Unless we trade for a QB (unlikely), I say go with Haskins as hes the best QB in the draft (assuming hes even there at 6)... and uf u have to trade with the Jets to make it happen, so be it.... as much as we want other talent, the qb situation is dire....

Its not that dire. I'm not going to throw the remote if they pick a QB, but its way easier to improve other parts of the roster than it is QB. The way this draft is shaping up, they could be picking starters with the 1st and 2nd round choices, maybe even 4th round selections (which is as much a comment on how thin the Giants roster is as it is a comment on the depth of the draft class). If a QB is picked in there, its more of a roll of the dice that he'll ever be starter material or an upgrade to Eli.

One thing Gettleman has been public about is his intent to follow the 'KC Model' for QB succession. So I think they pick a QB, but we're still playing Eli in 2019 regardless.

I remember you and Kittle.

And that

Two years ago the list I wanted was:

Lamp
Cunningham
Perine
Kittle
Brantley

We ended up with:

Engram

Tomlinson

Webb

Gallman

Moss

Honestly, while we hit on a few of those players, I'd rather we had drafted the guys I wanted.

I remember that.....and yeah...year picks are spot on.

C. Wagon

Allen is my dream pick, that guy is going to be really productive in the NFL.

And I wasn't just talking about DEs, the interior linemen are beasts too. I don't think Quinnen Williams makes it anywhere near the 6th pick, nor does Bosa (I'd take Williams over Allen.... probably not Bosa though). That leaves Josh Allen (my favorite of the bunch), Montez Sweat (not just a combine warrior, he had 10 sacks in the SEC), then you get into three or four more guys that are about the same level as Bradley Chubb, the 5th overall last season (Rashad Gary, Ed Oliver, the Clemson DT whose name I'm drawing a blank on).

Its not that dire. I'm not going to throw the remote if they pick a QB, but its way easier to improve other parts of the roster than it is QB. The way this draft is shaping up, they could be picking starters with the 1st and 2nd round choices, maybe even 4th round selections (which is as much a comment on how thin the Giants roster is as it is a comment on the depth of the draft class). If a QB is picked in there, its more of a roll of the dice that he'll ever be starter material or an upgrade to Eli.

One thing Gettleman has been public about is his intent to follow the 'KC Model' for QB succession. So I think they pick a QB, but we're still playing Eli in 2019 regardless.

Lol I like how you disagreed with me about the dire part but agreed with my argument...

How about that offensive tackle from Alabama. Hes solid for a top 10 pick. Longtime starter in the league who can start at RT right away, and eventually move to LT down the road.

Im not sure our QB of the future is in this draft.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jonah-williams?id=32195749-4c13-2676-fb3e-2b3d97cbfc66

Yeah Jonah WIlliams shot past Taylor in my book for best OT in the draft after the combine.