SportsWrath

2016 Draft Day Thread.

Lughead

Joe, Ragland was never a fit for the Giants. He's not a dynamic linebacker. He's a downhill linebacker without coverage skills.

Later on, perhaps the Giants get a Nick Vigil or something. But this guy Sterling Shepard is unbelievable. I hope he can play outside... I've heard people say he can... over a 40 inch vert, they are probably right, and I'm sure the Giants believe he can with this pick.

How tall is he?

Michael Thomas just went off the board. Ugh. I know it was very unlikely we'd go WR, WR... but he was one of the guys I really liked, as well as his teammate Braxton Miller.

Right now I'd say the Vonn Bell watch is on... if he can make it to the 3rd round. Also T.J. Green if he can make it.

Spriggs off the board, the OT pool is getting pretty shallow.

Sweet pick!

Also Jacksonville is gonna win 10 games next year

Can you believe how good they can be if Myles Jack is ok? He and Jalen Ramsey on the same defense? Wow. Dante Fowler, Jr is coming back.... and they signed Malik Jackson and Tashaun Gipson... that's just NUTS.

They are going to be pushing for a Super Bowl, and soon.

Can you believe how good they can be if Myles Jack is ok? He and Jalen Ramsey on the same defense? Wow. Dante Fowler, Jr is coming back.... and they signed Malik Jackson and Tashaun Gipson... that's just NUTS.

They are going to be pushing for a Super Bowl, and soon.

It's amazing. I can't believe how quickly they rebuilt. Smith and jack is gonna be a killer duo

If the Jags don't make the playoffs, it's all on Gus Bradley. These guys seriously improved this offseason and they were on the way up before that.

Yep. I like Bradley though I think he'll get it done

Apparently they are happy with their overpriced defensive line pickups and stop-gap, journeymen free agent pickups at linebacker.

and if they chose d-line or linebacker you could say 'i guess they are happy with their 5th round safety, and 6th round converted cornerback who are both coming off injury at free safety.

First play, slot, not in the red zone. He played outside in two wide receiver sets, sure, because you put your two best receivers on the field. But the majority of the time, in 3-wide sets, he was the slot receiver.... another video, not in the red zone, first play anyway... in the slot:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000240989/Week-1-Victor-Cruz-highlights

and if they chose d-line or linebacker you could say 'i guess they are happy with their 5th round safety, and 6th round converted cornerback who are both coming off injury at free safety.

I just find it odd that they seem to think our secondary was the issue last season. Doesn't make sense to me. The secondary was virtually the only bright spot on the defense (mainly because they were asked to minimize big plays while the defensive line gave the quarterback ten seconds to hold onto the football). So again, like I said, it seems that they are content with the modest improvements they made on the defensive line at exorbitant prices.