SportsWrath

Amukamara

GA4M

You know how rumors start? One person says it and then a dozen people repeat it and so on.

Remember back in August we heard that rumor Eli Manning wanted to be the highest paid QB in the NFL?

I really don't know if Amukamara wants $10 million a season, I'm sure he does because I would.

I do know he will not be making $10 million a season.

Would like to keep him at the right price and not as the other starting CB. Not durable enough to depend on.

I'm not sure where all this hate is for Amukamara. He's barely injury prone, seriously name a player that starts 16 games every season, and is a good CB. Last year played every game and the year before that only missed 3. I'm sure he'll get at least $8 million a year. Shit the Giants are already probably going to pay a mediocre player in FA $5 million a year anyway. May as well pay $8 - $9 million for a starter.

Even if the $10m is true what has Prince done to garner $10m. Albeit the Defense across the board was abysmal. I dont recall him standing out above anyone.

RGoodell.jpg

That guy made $34.1 million last season, tell me what he did to get it.

Even if the $10m is true what has Prince done to garner $10m. Albeit the Defense across the board was abysmal. I dont recall him standing out above anyone.

Why, he's gotten hurt and played 10 yards off receivers, daring them to pick up first downs, of course.

I'm on the fence about Mook.

He's a good CB, not a #1 cover guy but he's certainly a starter anywhere in the league and he's a home grown player. I wouldnt have any problem with him remaining on the team because he helps the team win.

However I feel like he doesnt have "that" type of production or impact on the game to warrant this team having to spend 10 million plus a year on the guy who there are MASSIVE holes that need to be filled with that type of money elsewhere (Oline, LBs, WRs, Dline)

Especially when you consider that you can probably get his type of production cheaper in FA, or atleast someone who will last a full season.

I'm not sure where all this hate is for Amukamara. He's barely injury prone, seriously name a player that starts 16 games every season, and is a good CB. Last year played every game and the year before that only missed 3. I'm sure he'll get at least $8 million a year. Shit the Giants are already probably going to pay a mediocre player in FA $5 million a year anyway. May as well pay $8 - $9 million for a starter.

Stating we want (insert player name here) at the right price doesn't amount to "hate". in my opinion DRC has been our best CB. I like Prince.. and I think most of us do... but $10M a season is a pipe dream... not gonna happen... and no team will pay him that... not even the Raiders.

Oh, I think some team will pay him an average of 9 mil per and if that includes a year or two north of the 10 m mark, then yeah, I think he'll get it. Do I want to see the Giants pay him that, no, not really. He's good, but it's hard to say he's THAT good. He's a good tackler, but he doesn't get enough deflections or interceptions for my liking. He also contributed in 16 games this year....which might be a good thing if it weren't for the fact that he was contributing to one of, if not THE worst pass defense in the league. You have to ask yourself, what kind of contribution is that?

With that said, the Giants are in a tough spot. They have a ton of holes to fill and don't really have the depth on the roster as it is to absorb losing more starters. We're looking at likely two offseasons needed to fully get some depth and some starters and that's without creating more holes. So while there is probably 60% of me who wants to retain Mook, there's that 40% that says to let him walk at 10 M per.

Ideally, I'd ink him to a 8-8.5 M per year player.

“Every free agent had their exit meeting with Jerry Reese, our GM (with the Giants),” Amukamara said. “And he basically told me that he’s just . . . they’re going to wait til free agency (to negotiate). I don’t expect any talks to happen between (now and) then.”

Full Article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/amukamara-giants-test-free-agent-market-article-1.2535306

Then he's as good as gone. The Giants are going to gamble that the market for the player comes in lower than what the player expected and then the Giants sign the guy? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. You'd think the team, if they wanted the player, would take this opportunity to negotiate a deal. It speaks loudly to me that the Giants don't want him back.

Well we need a #2 corner desperately and he's one of the top 4 available--probably top 3i if Norman doesn't hit the market. It's entirely possible he ends up back here.

I still think Sean smith is the way to go. He's gonna cost more than amukamura but he's a lot better imo

Are you being sarcastic?