SportsWrath

If Today IS Coughlin's Last Game

carl 1010

I hope that people will follow the advice of this writer.

I'm sorry but I'm not really sure how to post it with this dopey computer.

It's a column in the New York Post from December 31st written by Mark Cannizzaro. The title is "How Giants fans should handle Tom Coughlin's likely farewell"

I definitely think it's worth the read, if you have time to look it up. Maybe someone who has a normal computer could post a link.

I hope that people will follow the advice of this writer.

I'm sorry but I'm not really sure how to post it with this dopey computer.

It's a column in the New York Post from December 31st written by Mark Cannizzaro. The title is "How Giants fans should handle Tom Coughlin's likely farewell"

I definitely think it's worth the read, if you have time to look it up. Maybe someone who has a normal computer could post a link.

I hate to see it end, plus if he wanted to.......he could go somewhere else. I hope if he quits, its for good.

Coughlin will be missed as our head Coach. It hasn't always been pretty but he did restore Championship pride back to this team. He brought stability to the team. lest we forget the Handly/Reeves/Fassel shit show the 90's and early 2000's were

Coughlin will be missed as our head Coach. It hasn't always been pretty but he did restore Championship pride back to this team. He brought stability to the team. lest we forget the Handly/Reeves/Fassel shit show the 90's and early 2000's were

It could be that all over again too, ugh!

I hate to write an obituary for someone who isn't dead, but the probability of this being Coughlin's last game is really high and I believe a foregone conclusion.

I have the deepest respect for Coughlin as any coach in history (maybe Tom Landry rates as high). He's class from top to bottom and has had an amazing run. He is what every coach should aspire to be. But age and poor decisions in the front office that forced him to play with a team in which half are not NFL caliber has taken its toll. And all though the last few years have been hard on Giants' fans, Mr. Coughlin is responsible for bringing half of all the super bowl championships in Giants' history...and that is one hell of an accomplishment.

I will tip my hat to the man if this is it for him and will always carry fond memories and heartfelt respect.

Dan GrazianoESPN Staff Writer
graziano_dan_m.jpg

Giants coach Tom Coughlin's entire extended family is at today's game at MetLife Stadium against the Eagles. Sources say Coughlin was calling family members this week and asking if they'd come to the game, though he hadn't revealed his plans to them as of Saturday night. All 11 of Coughlin's grandchildren were on the field before the game in sweatshirts that read "Coughlin Crew." It seems likely this is Coughlin's final game as Giants coach after 12 years and two Super Bowl titles. Giants ownership is scheduled to meet Monday morning to discuss Coughlin's future and other matters relevant to the team's future, but it's possible Coughlin makes it easy on them and decides to resign.

Dan GrazianoESPN Staff Writer
graziano_dan_m.jpg

Giants coach Tom Coughlin's entire extended family is at today's game at MetLife Stadium against the Eagles. Sources say Coughlin was calling family members this week and asking if they'd come to the game, though he hadn't revealed his plans to them as of Saturday night. All 11 of Coughlin's grandchildren were on the field before the game in sweatshirts that read "Coughlin Crew." It seems likely this is Coughlin's final game as Giants coach after 12 years and two Super Bowl titles. Giants ownership is scheduled to meet Monday morning to discuss Coughlin's future and other matters relevant to the team's future, but it's possible Coughlin makes it easy on them and decides to resign.

Sounds inevitable then.

Sucks to see him go on a down note but not many get to leave on a high one. You never see it coming until it is too late to do anything about it. I don't think Tom Coughlin would have retired after the 2011 Super Bowl if he knew what the next four years would bring. Probably would be getting a new head coach and General Manager if Tom Coughlin did.

Weatherford: Regardless what happens. Ive fought for him, fought alongside him. He's the finest man Ive ever met. We should all be THANKFUFL for him #TC

You punted, you didn't fight. Punting is the opposite of fight.

You punted, you didn't fight. Punting is the opposite of fight.

I've seen Weatherford make some good athletic plays, actually. I think he's probably the one punter who could hit someone.

Coughlin’s future isn’t as clear as some think it is

Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2016, 8:02 PM EST

cd05oddlnmnhy2mwmjrlzwqzntjhm2viytq1y2vlAP

Tom Coughlin’s future remains murky, with the Giants or elsewhere.

At a time when most presume that it’s a done deal that he’ll be leaving the Giants and many think he’ll choose to resign in lieu of being fired, there’s an emerging sense that Coughlin will not walk away. This would force the Giants to either fire him or keep him.

And that could result in a squabble between ownership, with a very real possibility that co-owner Steve Tisch may wans to move on and that co-owner John Mara may not want to move on. Which means that Coughlin, who is under contract for one more year, could be back with the Giants, after all.

If the Giants decide to move on, it’s possible that Coughlin will resurface elsewhere, quickly. With a pair of Super Bowl wins and a Hall of Fame resume, a market could quickly develop for his services.

He's been great, but it's time to clean house. Reese should step down too.

Coughlin renewed Giants pride. I wish him a great retirement and thank him for 2 Championship seasons.

Having said that, I'm done watching this team until they get a defense. It's too painful.