SportsWrath

Just had this thought

Lughead

Really hard to say how he'd perform in that role. I think he is probably a good talent evaluator. My guess is he wouldn't want that job, though. I think Tom has a passion for coaching and being around the players and doubt he'd want to do anything else.

The more I think about it the more I think TC want's to coach for a few more years, he's never giving an indication of wanting to hang up the headset anytime soon.

Be it with the Giants or some other team he'll be a HC in the NFL for a number more seasons I'm thinking.

The more I think about it the more I think TC want's to coach for a few more years, he's never giving an indication of wanting to hang up the headset anytime soon.

Be it with the Giants or some other team he'll be a HC in the NFL for a number more seasons I'm thinking.

He's actually said exactly the opposite two weeks ago.

He'll be 70 years old before the season starts next year. He's 5 years older than the next youngest coach in the NFL (Pete Carroll). I personally feel sorry for him when he's standing on the sideline when it's 5 degrees F with a wind chill of 20 below. I'll never forget him on the sidelines in Green Bay with Vaseline on his face. And this year he got ran over like a steamroller that would have knocked out a younger guy, but he brushed himself off and stood back up. He had to be in pain after that. As you age, you simply can't take hostile cold and beatings like that.

I would love to see the front office give him a position in the office...maybe head of scouting or something. That is, if he would take a job like that.

I love the guy and admire him in every way. But age is a heartless bitch and it saps ones' energy and enthusiasm. But his brain is one of the finest in the NFL and it would be a shame if we weren't tapping that somehow.

Agreed with many...when he's done coaching, he's done, period.

And some would argue he's been done for a while now.

I thank him for the 2 SB wins, especially over the Patriots in their undefeated season. That memory will stick with me forever. He's been one of the best coaches this organization has seen and I don't think there's any debate there to be had. That said, at 70 years old, with the losing seasons and the way we lost so many games this year in particular, I think it's very much time.

It's like when you see a parent or grandparent starting to slip in their health. You know they might have good days here and there over the next year or couple of years, but the quality of life starts dropping quicker and quicker and before you know it, they're gone. With Coughlin, I think it's similar. The quality of coaching starts slipping more and more and at this point, it's just his time to move on.

Agreed with many...when he's done coaching, he's done, period.

And some would argue he's been done for a while now.

I thank him for the 2 SB wins, especially over the Patriots in their undefeated season. That memory will stick with me forever. He's been one of the best coaches this organization has seen and I don't think there's any debate there to be had. That said, at 70 years old, with the losing seasons and the way we lost so many games this year in particular, I think it's very much time.

It's like when you see a parent or grandparent starting to slip in their health. You know they might have good days here and there over the next year or couple of years, but the quality of life starts dropping quicker and quicker and before you know it, they're gone. With Coughlin, I think it's similar. The quality of coaching starts slipping more and more and at this point, it's just his time to move on.

I would argue this team has overachieved with the roster we have, and that sort of thing is usually largely due to good coaching.

I would argue this team has overachieved with the roster we have, and that sort of thing is usually largely due to good coaching.

The roster can be argued both ways. We had the players to be in many games late into the 4th quarter but just didn't have enough to get it done...and some of those losses were squarely on decisions made by the coaching staff or players we don't generally question (Eli). So because of that, one could also state that the players were good enough to be a playoff team this year.

That said, I agree that depth is a HUGE issue on this team and that if Coughlin is let go, that Reese needs to be out the door before it swings shut from Coughlin's exit.