SportsWrath

Odell Beckham JR playing tough

osi724dasack

I took a stroll on over to the ol Giants board.

Place is still a fucking joke, this reason makes it so much better though.

Anyways people are starting to say OBJ is gonna be in jail/Cowboys uniform soon enough and how he doesnt deserve to be on the team or isnt that good of a WR.

Was a refreshing laugh.

Beckham Jr. played like a budding psychopath. The last guy who played like that was run out of NY, Jeremy Shockey. He's gotta be careful, the crowd loves you, until they don't. And Giants fans are traditional. Enough with the theatrics and the bullshit "fire". Stop dropping easy passes, come out and practice like you might have to catch the ball with two hands, and don't lose your shit for the entire game. He was more worried about physically beating the shit out of Norman than he was with beating him down the field. And he COULD have beat him down the field. All game. He chose not to.

I do respect what the sideline reporter claimed he said, that the rest of the team acted like they were content with losing. I see a battered and beaten team and I sense an end of an era in NY. It took the Panthers basically trying to give them the game and they still didn't want to take it.

ODB was playing like a scorned bitch. Norman got in his head and it affected his game. ODB should've been ejected, but wasn't. Now it's up to the NFL to handle. Had he been ejected, I think it would've been sufficient for the NFL to just fine him heavily. Because the refs didn't eject him, I think it leaves the NFL with little choice but to suspend him for a game and fine him pretty hard.

I think too, Norman should have a fine or two sent his way for his actions on the field, but not to the degree that Beckham deserves.

Now teams know what it takes to stop him, just piss him off and let him stop himself. the Giants really better have a talk with him and make him understand it hurts the team and not just himself.

I think ODB is smart enough to realize at this point that he fucked up. But someone does need to sit him down and ensure that he learns from it. Because he truly did burn up a lot of the good will he's built for himself. In one game, he went from beloved superstar to thug in the eyes of many. It's not so bad that he can't come back from it, but at the same time, his reaction to this past week will be crucial to how he's viewed going forward.

In my opinion, he should've spoken to the media and tipped his hat to Norman...admitted that the DB got into his head and his game was affected. State that he enjoyed the battle, the toughness, the game itself, and that it was a shame that it didn't end in the Giants favor. But above all, he should've take some serious time of his press conference to apologize for the headhunting plays that were clearly meant to injure. State outright in your press conference that you're going to set up a college account for Norman's kid or something (assuming he has one). Do something that means something to show remorse. Sure, the league may have still suspended ODB had he done all that, but letting the world know that you know you screwed up...admitting to your own faults...that's the mature way to move forward.

ODB lost his focus in the first half and it showed... ODB needs to learn to keep his head in the game... ODB is a great WR but a little humility goes a very long way... I'm not saying he was guilty of everything as the other side dished some too... two young stars going at it in the worst way... childish.. I hope both sides learned something form yesterday.

ODB can't be stopped.

He burned Norman dropping the 57 yard TD. From that moment on Norman realized he wanted NOTHING to do with ODB and resulted to cheap shots and hands to the face on every fucking play

I got ODBs back 110% this is football not soccer.

He's a football player. Just needs to keep his cool a lil better in that situation

Other than the helmet to helmet, I don't see the big fuckin' deal. And yeah, the helmet to helmet was fucked up, but we've all seen a lot worse. People are acting like he's Ndamukong Suh... In reality, most of the time it's Odell being cheapshotted all game long. Guy is standing up for himself, he'll take his suspension and fine, but he isn't going to allow himself to be targeted the way he has, and he's actually trying to dominate every game. Odell is the freaking man and I would say he needs to control his emotions a bit more, but people are way overreacting like he was the only one in the situation. Norman is playing victim card while he wasn't (and isn't) exactly a saint here.