SportsWrath

Wow, Damontre Moore Released

Mr. P

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 1m1 minute ago

Updating on Giants DE Damontre Moore: He's been waived, sources say. That's why he wasn't at practice. Former 3rd rounder has 3 sacks in '15

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton 1m1 minute ago

#Giants have released Damontre Moore, per sources.

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN 6s7 seconds ago

SOURCE: Giants are releasing DE Damontre Moore for violating team rules.

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina 17s18 seconds ago

Giants make the Moore transaction official but offer no details. GM Reese said, "We made the move today in the interest of both parties."

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 22s23 seconds ago

The Giants' official statement gives no other reason or explanation for why Damontre Moore was waived.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 2m2 minutes ago

Indications are there was a recent incident that led to the release of NYG DE Damontre Moore, but it was also an accumulation of incidents.

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton 21s21 seconds ago

From what I gather, there was an incident involving Moore that served as the breaking point. But this was a big picture move, not one event.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 44s45 seconds ago

#Giants DE Damontre Moore was waived, in part, because he got into it with a teammate before practice, source said.

in response to the above:

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 1m1 minute ago

Ralph Vacchiano Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Yeah ... I've heard something similar. And a source said it wasn't the first time, either. ...

Bart Hubbuch @BartHubbuch 45s45 seconds ago

Bart Hubbuch Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Not a surprise. I personally overheard him challenge Cullen Jenkins in the locker room last month for teasing him.

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN 1m1 minute ago

Sources: A recent practice fight involving Damontre Moore may have been last straw, but he's cut for cumulative behavior issues.

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN 37s37 seconds ago

Sources say Moore was fined several times this year by Giants for rules violations and behavior issues.

Sources say the final straw was a recent fight in practice between Moore at his defensive line teammates. But sources said Moore also had been fined several times by the team this year for rules violations and behavior problems and that the decision to waive him was based on the accumulation of issues, not just one fight.

Coaches and administrators have spoken to Moore on several occasions, this year and in years past, about his behavior in practice. Sources say Moore routinely clowned around on the practice field in front of everyone from teammates on up to Giants owner John Mara and responded poorly to efforts by teammates and coaches to get him to take practice more seriously. Moore also was penalized several times this year during games for roughing the passer, and his lack of on-field discipline earned him a full-game benching in a Week 7 victory against the Dallas Cowboys.

Sources also said Moore feuded openly with some team officials, including general manager Jerry Reese, when confronted about his behavior. Reese is fiercely loyal to his draft picks, so for him to cut a former third-rounder during the third year of his rookie deal would require extreme extenuating circumstances.

Well shit that was justified. I'd have beat Cullen Jenkins ass for some headphones, matter of fact where does he live again?

:cheah:

Sure as an NFL player I make more than enough money to buy myself a pair but that is besides the point...

Well shit that was justified. I'd have beat Cullen Jenkins ass for some headphones, matter of fact where does he live again?

:cheah:

Sure as an NFL player I make more than enough money to buy myself a pair but that is besides the point...

This is somehow Coughlin's fault.