SportsWrath

INT, INT, Punt, punt punt,punt, punt, INT, punt, punt

Virginia Giant

"It's a mental thing as much as anything else."

This must be the most mentally weak team in the history of the NFL.

Though I will say that Fassel was just as bad.

The most mentally weak team in the history of the NFL would not have scored points to actually make it a game at the end there. The most mentally weak team in the history of the NFL would have simply folded.

Half the oline never made the trip. The starting TE (such as he is) never made the trip. A third linemen left the game.

What did you guys think was going to happen? Every time some cohesiveness starts to form, someone is out for a few games. And you can't expect the same results by replacing Richburg with Dallas Reynolds.

Add to this that we always seem flat after the bye, if you couldn't see this as a loss, I don't know what to tell you.

I would expect players with bum ankles and concussions to be healthy after 4 weeks and coming off a bye week. I guess that's too much to ask.

I expected guys to come in and play with intensity , like it was the biggest game of the season against a team they can beat. But apparently that's too much to ask.

I also expected our 82 million dollar qb to come in and play like an 11 year veteran. Instead, he suffered from the same poor reads, forced throws, delay of games(!), and interceptions that he always has.

I expected Shane vereen, who averaged 7.5 ypc to get more than two carried all game. Apparently, that's too much to ask.

I expected a dude who has kicked 23 straight field goals, 3 for 3 outside of 50, to get his rightful shot at a 56 yarder. Apparently, that's too much too ask and the chance of an 18 yard punt was a better option.

Are you serious with that shit? It'd be different if there was one or two fans calling yesterday a fucking disgraceful showing. But it's the whole fan base and from the sounds of it, the giants players are in full agreement...the redskins came out and wanted to play; the Giants didn't.

I also expected our 82 million dollar qb to come in and play like an 11 year veteran. Instead, he suffered from the same poor reads, forced throws, delay of games(!), and interceptions that he always has.

I expected Shane vereen, who averaged 7.5 ypc to get more than two carried all game. Apparently, that's too much to ask.

I expected a dude who has kicked 23 straight field goals, 3 for 3 outside of 50, to get his rightful shot at a 56 yarder. Apparently, that's too much too ask and the chance of an 18 yard punt was a better option.

Are you serious with that shit? It'd be different if there was one or two fans calling yesterday a fucking disgraceful showing. But it's the whole fan base and from the sounds of it, the giants players are in full agreement...the redskins came out and wanted to play; the Giants didn't.

Because once any of these players gets that contract signed, they know it's a lock and don't put out as much of an effort. I see this team just having to plug too many holes all the time and will never build any continuity until the injury shit stops, maybe next year!

The most mentally weak team in the history of the NFL would not have scored points to actually make it a game at the end there. The most mentally weak team in the history of the NFL would have simply folded.

But Coughlin said injuries are a mental thing. Since we're the most injured team... doesn't that make us the most mentally weak team?

But you're right... they did compete.

Whoa, I might need to sit down and think about this for a minute. If injuries are mental, how can we have the most and not be the most mentally weak?

But Coughlin said injuries are a mental thing. Since we're the most injured team... doesn't that make us the most mentally weak team?

But you're right... they did compete.

Whoa, I might need to sit down and think about this for a minute. If injuries are mental, how can we have the most and not be the most mentally weak?

Who says you're the most injured team?

Ooooh.... my bad. Turns out we're the second most injured team. We just lost to the most injured team.

Way to go, TC! Outta the basement!

A lot of teams have a bunch of injuries and I'd argue the "who" is huge. You've had you're starting quarterback all year so that's worth a lot. Patriots have a ton of injuries but they seem to be doing pretty well.

It's starting to catch up with them. They were blowing teams out and are now barely squeaking by and losing now that they've lost their top 4 weapons

That's true. It's a lot harder for them but you don't really see them blame losses on people getting injured. Or even bad calls. It seems to be a trait of the routinely successful teams. The way they handle adversity and don't blame the adversity. Instead just realize that's the hand you're dealt and you have to deal with.

I agree it's something you have to deal with and not use as an excuse to give up. at the same time, I don't like the attitude that it's "just an excuse" if you point out that it mpacts your team's performance. If players were interchangeable like that then they'd all get paid the same.

A lot of teams have a bunch of injuries and I'd argue the "who" is huge. You've had you're starting quarterback all year so that's worth a lot. Patriots have a ton of injuries but they seem to be doing pretty well.

They do it better than any team in the league. Pretty impressive really.

That's true. It's a lot harder for them but you don't really see them blame losses on people getting injured. Or even bad calls. It seems to be a trait of the routinely successful teams. The way they handle adversity and don't blame the adversity. Instead just realize that's the hand you're dealt and you have to deal with.

I don't see the Giants complaining about injuries...it's fans and mostly, the media. And just to note, Patriots' injuries were just about all that was talked about on Sunday night.

You think the Pats fans aren't complaining about injuries?? Ofcourse they are. I for one am not going to blame the injuries for sucky play - that's what coaches are there for - to be able to overcome that by changing the style of play. I would like to say that the Giants are a team that thrives on coerciveness - if they can get through 3-4 weeks with the same players on the field they suddenly switch to another gear. It is a weakness AND a strength. That hasn't happened unfortunately that's stopping this Giants team from being better. But then again - no excuse - they should find a way. And I think they will - this season itself.