SportsWrath

JPP "expects to return to the level of play" he had before his injury

Sephiroth

Talk is cheap. Get on the field in a game and show it. Earn the paycheck. At this point, JPP needs to come in possessed and tear it up if he expects to be paid like he has been. Hell, I would've been half inclined to trade him immediately after he signed. If we were 2-6 instead of 4-4...even moreso.

He's not the messiah, he hasn't been good the last 2 years. I am tired of this fucking guy already

He's not the messiah but he was a top 3 defensive end last year. Anyone who says he hasn't been good doesn't know what he's talking about with respect to evaluating JPP.

At least when we have some of these guys back, we will KNOW the talent still sucks. No more speculation of what could be with what we have if not for injury. This is an 8-8 team that should be worse but we lucked out and have a QB who is playing out of his mind (but still prone to rookie brain-farts, mind you), one reliable wide receiver, and are lucky to be in a division with teams that don't have good quarterbacks, that have been hit harder by injury, and still really can't beat any top team from any of the other divisions.

God knows that JPP - in whatever condition he is and what he is going to get paid - will most certainly help our DL and our pass rush. We are at ZERO. We cant really go downhill from where we are can we?? The only way now is up. I for one think JPP will be a huge help to our D. Might just light a major fire under our D's ass to see someone who at point was thought that he would never step on the NFL field again to keep himself in shape and work his ass off and get on the field. If he can do shit like that then the rest of the guy can at least PLAY DEFENSE!

He's not out of shape, Nas, he's been working out for months.

That was a typo on my part, Jim. I meant to say:

"The good news is he's not out of shape... I just have my doubts he'll be the same... doesn't mean he will suck.. just sayin'"

All he's gotta do is get into the backfield and its a huge difference from what we've been getting. And yeah I'm sure he's in shape but he might not be in "football shape" yet so I'm not gonna hold it against him if he's not making an impact his first game

I have a funny feeling JPP is going to come in and make an immediate impact. Just a hunch.

There's a lot of money on the line for him so I'd expect him to come out and be a freaking maniac.

Did I hear it right that he may play some this week @ the Bucs game?

He wanted to play last week. I expect he could be active this week, but if they're paying him 800K a game they may not want to activate him until they're sure he's ready to play a whole game.