SportsWrath

La'el Collins

Sephiroth

I didn't notice but damn I beleive you that's sad.

I can't beleive nobody fucking took a flier on a late round pick, it's like he was definitely officially blacklisted from the draft.

Smh.

He would be such an upgrade for us at RG or RT.

His agent said if he was drafted that he was going to sit out the year and re-enter next years draft. It would have been a waste of a pick.

Call his bluff ya know?

He apparently already had plans to return to school, according to his agent (also could have been a bluff).

I just feel like unless you draft him in round one or two, whatever HE said he wanted to go, he was just gonna sit out and you would lose the pick for the year, and he'd end up playing for the Cowboys in the long run haha.

I mean it's not like players havent threatened to sit out before in the draft, hell Eli was willing to do the same if the Whale Vaginas drafted him.

Elway with the Colts, etc.

He apparently already had plans to return to school, according to his agent (also could have been a bluff).

I just feel like unless you draft him in round one or two, whatever HE said he wanted to go, he was just gonna sit out and you would lose the pick for the year, and he'd end up playing for the Cowboys in the long run haha.

I mean it's not like players havent threatened to sit out before in the draft, hell Eli was willing to do the same if the Whale Vaginas drafted him.

Elway with the Colts, etc.

But say we draft him then hype him up and start him day 1 and treat him extra well and pamper the guy.

He might say fuck it I'll play

But say we draft him then hype him up and start him day 1 and treat him extra well and pamper the guy.

He might say fuck it I'll play

The problem was the money, he knew he was a first round talent, it was obvious he would start for ANY team in the league this year, but he'd be getting paid practice squad/7th round money.

No one wanted to touch the guy with the NFL basically saying "stay the fuck away until the legal matters are worked out". He knew he wouldnt be a day one or even a day two pick.

He best option was to sit out and be able to pick whatever team he wants, which he obviously did.

The problem was the money, he knew he was a first round talent, it was obvious he would start for ANY team in the league this year, but he'd be getting paid practice squad/7th round money.

No one wanted to touch the guy with the NFL basically saying "stay the fuck away until the legal matters are worked out". He knew he wouldnt be a day one or even a day two pick.

He best option was to sit out and be able to pick whatever team he wants, which he obviously did.

True agreed. But like I said he was pretty much blacklisted from the draft.

He sure seems like a hell of a player and an absolute steal for Dallas

After he went undrafted because of that murder case shit in which he WAS NOT a suspect - lots of teams were interested but the Boys, being the marketing geniuses that they are and the Giants being the thumbs-up-their-asses-eventhough we needed enormous help on the line, just swooped in picked him up. Im sure he would have loved to play in NY had we made a smart serious push for him.

After he went undrafted because of that murder case shit in which he WAS NOT a suspect - lots of teams were interested but the Boys, being the marketing geniuses that they are and the Giants being the thumbs-up-their-asses-eventhough we needed enormous help on the line, just swooped in picked him up. Im sure he would have loved to play in NY had we made a smart serious push for him.

You know the Giant's were in the mix for Collins, even using former LSU teammate OBJ to try and make that happen.

Collins has a unique situation, he literally got to CHOOSE where he would end up.

He picked the Cowboys, for reasons known only to him, I'm sure the idea of the Cowboys deep pockets and recent playoff run helped.

You know the Giant's were in the mix for Collins, even using former LSU teammate OBJ to try and make that happen.

Collins has a unique situation, he literally got to CHOOSE where he would end up.

He picked the Cowboys, for reasons known only to him, I'm sure the idea of the Cowboys deep pockets and recent playoff run helped.

Exactly. They tried harder than anyone, but he wanted to be somewhere warm and closer to Louisiana near his family

I'm one of those who think the Giants wasted an opportunity... Spending as high as a 4th rounder on Collins would have been worth it....

Well it wasnt just the Giants any team could of taken him with their first or second round pick and he would of played for them.

His agent (and Collins) made it clear he wouldn't bother with any team after those two rounds though.

Well it wasnt just the Giants any team could of taken him with their first or second round pick and he would of played for them.

His agent (and Collins) made it clear he wouldn't bother with any team after those two rounds though.

As opposed to playing as an RFA? I call BS... It really wouldn't have mattered what round he got drafted at so long as he's getting paid 1st rounder money.. which he should. Let's face it all 32 teams fucked the dog on that one...

I think it was first 3. If I was Reese I would have taken a 3 round gamble on him. Most 3rd rounders don't pan out and the his value in the 3rd round is worth the gamble.

As opposed to playing as an RFA? I call BS... It really wouldn't have mattered what round he got drafted at so long as he's getting paid 1st rounder money.. which he should. Let's face it all 32 teams fucked the dog on that one...

Actually being UDFA means more guaranteed money and less years on your first contract than being drafted rounds 4-7

I told you this the last time you made this argument, there is a rookie wage scale. You get paid relative to where you got drafted, it's a rule which is part of the collective bargaining agreement.

Question: could the Giants have drafted him, and then given him a fat contract, or would they have been boxed in because of some rookie cap?

Is this a real question?

my post from 2 posts up:

I told you this the last time you made this argument, there is a rookie wage scale. You get paid relative to where you got drafted, it's a rule which is part of the collective bargaining agreement.