SportsWrath

Frickin' Mets

mickeef2

Wow, nice job, Mets. We helped you out, you helped us out. Now just take one more from the Yanks and I'll be happy.

I don't want to act spoiled but we should be in position to win the next two. Any game Pedro pitches we have to win, and Small sucks now while Glavine is still a solid starter.

I'm not expecting to sweep the Yanks, but we couldn't be in better position.

I don't want to act spoiled but we should be in position to win the next two. Any game Pedro pitches we have to win, and Small sucks now while Glavine is still a solid starter.

I'm not expecting to sweep the Yanks, but we couldn't be in better position.

You should be able to win Sunday, but I wouldn't go counting my chickens with Pedro vs. Mussina just yet. Remember, he's practically .500 against them in his career, and Mussina is usually at his best in the regular season when the Yanks need a win.

You should be able to win Sunday, but I wouldn't go counting my chickens with Pedro vs. Mussina just yet. Remember, he's practically .500 against them in his career, and Mussina is usually at his best in the regular season when the Yanks need a win.

the funny thing about the .500 for Pedro in his career against the Yanks is that it was accomplished during a time when the Yankees had the best record by far in baseball over that time span. I would love to see what pitchers with compareable starts against the Yankees in that 98-04 time period have done against the Yanks? I would suspect those that are close to .500 would probably be close to the top? Can you think of any?