SportsWrath

Season saved... for now.

Sephiroth

I went to bed about halfway through the third quarter tonight. This is what I saw till then:

1. Reuben Randle actually showed up, and even more amazing, it looked like he played well. If he can develop into a competent NFL receiver that would be awesome.

2. Eli looked very sharp for the time I watched him. His incompletions were more the fault of the receivers than Eli.

3. Larry Donnell should be next on the chopping block. His hands are terrible and if you wanna see poor blocking, watch Donnell on literally any play; right now he brings nothing to the table. He's a 265lb pansy.

4. Both lines are pretty average. The D-line is good at run-stuffing but can't rush the passer to save their lives. The O-line can pass block adequately but can't get a push in the run game.

5. Cousins is horrible.

All-in-all, I'd five the Giants a B- for the evening. The win is encouraging and with ten days of rest and hopefully the return of Cruz and Flowers, we might have a chance next week against the Bills... Coughlin always seems to beat Rex Ryan teams.

I think we'll see this kind of up-and-down from Randle all season. From what I know of other athletes with knee tendinitis issues, they give the player a cortisone shot just before the game, and it's entirely dependent on wether the trainer got the needle in the right spot as to how it works. They're either feeling great or fucked, and it's pretty random.

always seems to me that Donnell plays like he took the short bus to the game. He has loads of physical talent, and he shows good hands... at times. But the concentration lapses, silly stuff like the somersault into the safety last night.... I'm thinking that the dude better save his money, because he won't be working a day job after this.

Once we got the safety it was highly unlikely, mathematically, to have a 10 point lead so it was okay to go to bed.

nice 1 Tree ( although in this era of more 2 point conversions .....im not so sure ) ......anyway i went to bed for 2 hours at 4.48 am .........and work has been tough today i can tell you

I thought getting an OC that valued the TE position would cause Reese to actually draft/sign a solid TE, but no I guess the Mac hire was to try and fix the unfixable trash that was already on the roster

Zach Miller is still out there. He's no Larry Donnell, don't get me wrong, but maybe we should take a look.

I thought getting an OC that valued the TE position would cause Reese to actually draft/sign a solid TE, but no I guess the Mac hire was to try and fix the unfixable trash that was already on the roster

Man, no kidding, I was just thinking last night that with McAdoo's offense, it makes no sense to have middling TEs because a lot of those quick hitting plays could be construed to be open it up for the TEs deep across the middle. I sense a little square peg, round hole syndrome in the offensive play design...

Randle (on offense) surprised me last night. On Special Teams... I wanted to throw a brick at him.

Donnell is becoming more and more useless every time he steps on the field, but if he gets axed then we're left with Fells (who's already been injured this year) and Cunningham.

Honestly... wtf is wrong with Jennings? Has he made it through a game this season without putting the ball on the ground? We lucked out with the refs saying his forward progress was stopped. If he continues this trend of fumbling issues then he needs to take several seats.

Idk if Eli's arm is getting weaker, or if he just wasn't able to properly step into the TD Passes but both were put in horrible spots and if it wasn't for a combo of luck and OBJ Voodoo magic he'd have 2 ints instead of 2 TDs. Gotta get that fixed.

Randle (on offense) surprised me last night. On Special Teams... I wanted to throw a brick at him.

Donnell is becoming more and more useless every time he steps on the field, but if he gets axed then we're left with Fells (who's already been injured this year) and Cunningham.

Honestly... wtf is wrong with Jennings? Has he made it through a game this season without putting the ball on the ground? We lucked out with the refs saying his forward progress was stopped. If he continues this trend of fumbling issues then he needs to take several seats.

Idk if Eli's arm is getting weaker, or if he just wasn't able to properly step into the TD Passes but both were put in horrible spots and if it wasn't for a combo of luck and OBJ Voodoo magic he'd have 2 ints instead of 2 TDs. Gotta get that fixed.

Randle's special teams play was horrendous. He almost handed Washington two free recoveries. Do they not practice onside kick recoveries? I'm convinced the Skins kicker knew to rocket it off Randle like a pinball...Randle gladly obliged instead of moving the hell out of the way. Vereen was left to save the day.