SportsWrath

So is this the season tonight?

Sephiroth

Technically, you'd have to say no. It's not like mathematically they're eliminated or that no team in history has climbed out of an 0-3 hole to make the playoffs.

However, realistically... look at this team. Talent is short and already there's nine guys that are out for the game, the best defensive player is out until who knows when, we have one good WR, no difference-making running backs, and maybe one good linebacker... not to mention that the right side of the OL is terrible. Marshall Newhouse looks like a serviceable backup but at the end of the day, he's not a starter and Geoff Schwartz is just flat-out terrible.

If we drop this game, I think we're done. On the other hand, the remaining games before the bye all look winnable, so I guess I'm kind of on the fence. If we win, I think we may start a run... a little confidence goes a long way with a team like this.

What do you all think?

0-3 overall, 0-2 in the division, 0-3 in the NFC...with the Bills, Patriots, Jets, 49ers, and 4 more division games that are often tough games before the season wraps up...yeah, tonight's game really is a must win.

Mathmatically, sure, we'd still be in it, but realistically, it'd be crushing to the point that Cruz coming back next week and the promise that is OBJ/Cruz wouldn't hold much meaning anymore.

Further, for this game, I think a loss does more damage than a win does any good. But either way you look at it, it's a must win.

Tonight means as much as the last two and every game is a must win. Not losing from a lack of talent but from failure to finish games in the fourth quarter. Now with a couple of key players most likely to miss the game and the chance of more injuries from a short turn around makes this a risky game.

I'd rather get everyone out healthier than a win and make up for it later.

Technically, you'd have to say no. It's not like mathematically they're eliminated or that no team in history has climbed out of an 0-3 hole to make the playoffs.

However, realistically... look at this team. Talent is short and already there's nine guys that are out for the game, the best defensive player is out until who knows when, we have one good WR, no difference-making running backs, and maybe one good linebacker... not to mention that the right side of the OL is terrible. Marshall Newhouse looks like a serviceable backup but at the end of the day, he's not a starter and Geoff Schwartz is just flat-out terrible.

If we drop this game, I think we're done. On the other hand, the remaining games before the bye all look winnable, so I guess I'm kind of on the fence. If we win, I think we may start a run... a little confidence goes a long way with a team like this.

What do you all think?

I agree.

The difference between 1-2 and 0-3 is absolutely huge. This team loses tonight, and it's DVR time for the rest of the year, at least for me. 0-3 and the Giants aren't even sniffing the chance of a .500 record until mid-season. 1-2 and then the Giants have a 1/2 week bye to get some guys back, and hopefully get back to par in week 4.

The division looks like a mess, but can sort itself out quickly, and not to the Giants benefit if they continue to flounder.

I think the Eagles will eventually get their shit together, and the Redskins might have the running game and defense to contend with a game-manager at QB, given the state of their division rivals. Regardless of their injuries, the Cowboys are still two games up, and still have a solid offensive line. And now with Matt Cassell, they an unspectacular, but legit NFL QB.

I'm not surprised the Giants are 0-2. I'm surprised they are 0-2 because their QB and coaching staff have combined to blow 2 wins. That to me is the biggest surprise of this season.

If I base my prediction on 2007/2011 Eli & Tom, then this team pulls some magic out of it's ass.

If I base my prediction on the last 3+ years, I think tonight is going to suck all around, it will be an ugly loss, not even close, and the Eli/Coughlin era unofficially ends tonight.

The realist in me says I should give the greatest weight to the most recent performance. The optimist in me says I've counted this team out many times since Eli has been drafted, and been wrong.

I agree.

The difference between 1-2 and 0-3 is absolutely huge. This team loses tonight, and it's DVR time for the rest of the year, at least for me. 0-3 and the Giants aren't even sniffing the chance of a .500 record until mid-season. 1-2 and then the Giants have a 1/2 week bye to get some guys back, and hopefully get back to par in week 4.

The division looks like a mess, but can sort itself out quickly, and not to the Giants benefit if they continue to flounder.

I think the Eagles will eventually get their shit together, and the Redskins might have the running game and defense to contend with a game-manager at QB, given the state of their division rivals. Regardless of their injuries, the Cowboys are still two games up, and still have a solid offensive line. And now with Matt Cassell, they an unspectacular, but legit NFL QB.

I'm not surprised the Giants are 0-2. I'm surprised they are 0-2 because their QB and coaching staff have combined to blow 2 wins. That to me is the biggest surprise of this season.

If I base my prediction on 2007/2011 Eli & Tom, then this team pulls some magic out of it's ass.

If I base my prediction on the last 2+ years, I think tonight is going to suck all around, it will be an ugly loss, not even close, and the Eli/Coughlin era unofficially ends tonight.

The realist in me says I should give the greatest weight to the most recent performance. The optimist in me says I've counted this team out many times since Eli has been drafted, and been wrong.

Like your Avatar, Joe. We lost a great character yesterday.

I remember sitting in Pinky's Pizza in 2007, we were 0-2 and down 17-3 at halftime to the Skins. Rallied back to win that game and you know what happened after that. Not saying that will happen but it can't if we don't take that first step.

Like your Avatar, Joe. We lost a great character yesterday.

I remember sitting in Pinky's Pizza in 2007, we were 0-2 and down 17-3 at halftime to the Skins. Rallied back to win that game and you know what happened after that. Not saying that will happen but it can't if we don't take that first step.

Yogi was my all time favorite Yankee.

Yeah, these guys deserve some faith, but seems like the best of times was a long time ago.