SportsWrath

Official Draft Thread

Mr. P

Bleedin', your guy Danielle Hunter is still on the board, too! I think the Giants would be very intrigued by him here in the 3rd round. Big Human. We know Reese and TC like Big Humans.

Isnt Hunter that big fucking DE?

He's basically like JPP? I'd like him as well.

I'm high on Justin Hardy but there is logic behind my desire for him to be on the team. He's short 5'10" so strictly a slot receiver. But his routes are precise, quick, and has great hands. He is compared to Wes Walker by more than one guy including Mayock.

I like Hardy and I hope I'm not being too much of a homer here, but if you want a slot guy, why not Rashad Greene. He is pro ready and runs precise, NFL routes and has terrific hands. He is a pro-ready receiver.

See I think the Giant's like Cruz and are looking to replace Randle, I want an outside guy, someone who can either out physical (Nicks) or out catch (OBJ) the ball.

At the same time defense would be nice as well.

DE, ILB.

I like Hardy and I hope I'm not being too much of a homer here, but if you want a slot guy, why not Rashad Greene. He is pro ready and runs precise, NFL routes and has terrific hands. He is a pro-ready receiver.

Hey Homer, meet another Homer.

The real reason is the constant comparisons to Wes Walker, which I should know better because no one is exactly like somebody else. Also, team captain, high character, came in for a visit with the Giants so I figured they were kicking the tires on him pretty good. He'd be insurance for Cruz.

I have not been impressed with Mayock this year. I think he just simply hasn't been at the top of his game this draft season. But neither have I.

To be fair it seems like the draft has changed the last few years.

It's almost no longer automatic who someone is gonna take, like they "have to take this person", it's basically either BPA, or a need. Hard to predict, seem like the NFL changes every year.

I love it.

I have not been impressed with Mayock this year. I think he just simply hasn't been at the top of his game this draft season. But neither have I.

I know - he seems to have regressed. Maybe he's just going through the motions anymore and has lost heart. He used to get very emotional and really into it. Now it looks like he could care less. Maybe he's at odds with NFL Network and simply doesn't care anymore.....or maybe his wife is bopping the mailman, plumber or a HS kid. Who knows - he's definitely off his game this year

I know - he seems to have regressed. Maybe he's just going through the motions anymore and has lost heart. He used to get very emotional and really into it. Now it looks like he could care less. Maybe he's at odds with NFL Network and simply doesn't care anymore.....or maybe his wife is bopping the mailman, plumber or a HS kid. Who knows - he's definitely off his game this year

Yeah, his position rankings this year at times were laughable. Of course, one should tell me to do it and see how well I do. I think I could do alright, but he's Mayock, works for the NFL Network, and does this for a living.

Wow, another guy that I thought would go higher, has enormous upside. Makes a lot of sense here. The only thing I thought was that being he's 6'3", maybe not quite as long as the Giants normally would prefer. Thought they would maybe take a Danielle Hunter as he is just a bigger guy. But I think this is a very solid choice here in the third.

Now we have a long wait until the 5th, right?

Okay - I'm delirious!!!

I saw him on multiple mocks in the 1st round and never later than early 2nd. Don't know if that means squat, but I really wanted the guy.

Flowers

Collins

Odighizuwa

This is a great, great draft. Too bad we have to wait til the 5th for our next pick.

I couldn't have wished for a better draft than these 3 guys. I thought when the Giants traded up they wanted either Collins or Odighizuwa - and they got both. Holy Shit!!