SportsWrath

Looking ahead to next season...

Sephiroth

We ARE in the middle of blowing things up--look at the 2011-2012 roster, and count the missing bodies. Both lines are being reworked, we actually have NFL competent starters at LB (if Beason gets and stays healthy--and we don't have any quality in backups, but we're better off than we have been), and a lot of big contracts were dumped last year, with more to come this year. We still have a way to go, but we're getting there. Jennings is a plus if he can stay on the field, Williams is ok, and Darkwa looked like he had potential.

So I'm not sure what your definition of blowing up a team actually is.

To your point, read today that 20 of our 53 are either rookies or in their 2nd year. Figure there will be more new faces next year, so I'd guess that by opening day, 2015, well over half our roster will have arrived in 13, 14 & 15. Don't look now, but we're in the middle of a huge turnover......and that's the way it's done, not with one big flush and rebuild, like you're an expansion team.

Best way to start next season:

Perry Fewell fired.

Mathias Kiwanuka and Cullen Jenkins cut. Wave goodbye to Jaquain Williams, Spencer Paysinger, Stevie Brown, Jerrel Jernigan, James Brewer, John Jerry.

Jayron Hosely out of football.

Speaking of 49ers unless Vic Fangio follows or replaces Harbaugh he could be a really good available candidate. I've heard the 49ers stuff for Rex too or Raiders. Fangio may just stay on has DC in San Fran if Rex is hired(Worked together in Baltimore)

Fangio was my early pick to replace Coughlin.

Fangio was my early pick to replace Coughlin.

Looking like he may just stay on in San Fran with Tomsula has the HC. Niners want Harbaugh's system, but not Harbaugh. They are going to bring in a QB coach in to "fix" Kaepernick my guess will be Musgrave who's the Eagles QB coach

Looking like he may just stay on in San Fran with Tomsula has the HC. Niners want Harbaugh's system, but not Harbaugh. They are going to bring in a QB coach in to "fix" Kaepernick my guess will be Musgrave who's the Eagles QB coach

Jeff Garcia

Why would he stay to work under another new guy if he's offered a HC opportunity for a decent team?

Why would he stay to work under another new guy if he's offered a HC opportunity for a decent team?

He's a well paid DC and some guys have no desire for HC responsibilities. He'll be 57 at the start of next year and will probably just be a LeBeau type lifetime DC