SportsWrath

Giants linebackers looking to lead defense.

JMFP

Another interesting factoid on this. Between the years 2010 - 2017, the giants did not draft a LB in the 3rd round or higher....in 8 fucking drafts, lol. They are the ONLY franchise in the NFL which did not draft an LB during that 8 year span in round 3 or higher.

Even in 2018, the sole LB draft pick round 3 or higher was Lorenzo Carter in the 3rd round, a guy who's marginal and on the verge of busting out.

So in the last 10 years of drafts, we've drafted one LB...Lorenzo Carter. :doh:

On 1/22/2021 at 9:56 AM, mastershake said:

Another interesting factoid on this. Between the years 2010 - 2017, the giants did not draft a LB in the 3rd round or higher....in 8 fucking drafts, lol. They are the ONLY franchise in the NFL which did not draft an LB during that 8 year span in round 3 or higher.

Even in 2018, the sole LB draft pick round 3 or higher was Lorenzo Carter in the 3rd round, a guy who's marginal and on the verge of busting out.

So in the last 10 years of drafts, we've drafted one LB...Lorenzo Carter. :doh:

I really had high hopes for Lorenzo. Dude has all the tools. But I think it just chance. I think players were taken right before the Giants could draft them. I don't know. I doubt the Giants are purposely not drafting players because of their position. 

6 hours ago, mastershake said:

He tore his Achilles.

We better replace him at this point, had better not go into next season expecting him to be a starter.

You’re never the same after that kind of injury.

• 1 year later...
On 5/19/2014 at 12:58 PM, BleedinBlue said:

???? Who am I talking to, a 9th grade kid who wears his pants down below his ass, is failing class, and who thinks it's cool to respond to an adult with "dude".

If you disagree, posit a thought out response. If you have some inside information that proves that Kennard is not good, or isn't going to be good, then speak up like a man.

I don't like to waste time with children who think calling a man "dude" is some kind of appropriate response.

Dude! 

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Ironically, this year with Okarkake, McFadden, and Simmons...probably the best group of LB's we've had in awhile (and I remember prior to 2023, I was trashing McFadden as being a backup at best, and I'm so glad he proved me wrong).

McFadden is an interesting player. He had some really good games and made some great reads, but also missed a LOT of tackles (at one point he was leading the league in missed tackles by a LB).

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

Ironically, this year with Okarkake, McFadden, and Simmons...probably the best group of LB's we've had in awhile (and I remember prior to 2023, I was trashing McFadden as being a backup at best, and I'm so glad he proved me wrong).

McFadden IMO is still a bench player.

He gets the benefit of playing besides Okereke and having the best NT in the NFL in front of him.

We can very much use an upgrade at his spot.

But he's not the biggest need on defense right now, maybe #3 behind #2 corner and whoever the strong safety is on the team.

Perhaps McFadden is a guy who can be decent, if the guys around him are also solid...but without a good supporting cast, might not be that good?

I'm much more concerned with our secondary this season than I am anything else on defense. The Front 7 look decent on paper, but the secondary is a real question mark. The 2nd CB spot is up for grabs, and we gotta pray someone steps up and takes a leap, plus the 2nd safety position is likely to be the Rook, so there's going to be growing pains. McCloud and Flott flash at times, but they haven't been consistent. Additionally depth in general could be a concern. It's nice to add a guy like Mills for depth and a veteran presence at S, but he's nothing to get excited about; he's probably more of a nickel DB than anything at this stage.

I also had to doublecheck the roster and is Aaron Robinson still actually on this roster? lol If he ever can stay on the field, is he a potential dark horse? Or is he just the next Sam Beal style washout?