SportsWrath

Welcome

BlueInCanada

The S from a Florida St who got a PHD from Oxford really turned out to be a perennial pro

Because all fourth round pick on every other team turns out to be a perennial pro.

Infact I think the Giant's are the only team in the history of the draft not to have every single draft pick not make the HoF by the end of their career.

Because all fourth round pick on every other team turns out to be a perennial pro.

Infact I think the Giant's are the only team in the history of the draft not to have every single draft pick not make the HoF by the end of their career.

Im not looking for a HOF im looking for Solid Contributions.

Im not looking for a HOF im looking for Solid Contributions.

Once again, show me a single team that has had every single draft pick contribute every year since they have been drafted.

It happened in 2007 when JR hit lightning in a bottle with the draft that helped us win the SB but honestly I think that's the only time I've ever fully seen a draft contribute.

Some teams release their first round pick acouple season after they are drafted.

Once again, show me a single team that has had every single draft pick contribute every year since they have been drafted.

It happened in 2007 when JR hit lightning in a bottle with the draft that helped us win the SB but honestly I think that's the only time I've ever fully seen a draft contribute.

Some teams release their first round pick acouple season after they are drafted.

im not asking for every single one either. Im asking for a few. I cant name any of our Reece picks that are doing anything Hail Clinton Sinim Philip Diliard

im not asking for every single one either. Im asking for a few. I cant name any of our Reece picks that are doing anything Hail Clinton Sinim Philip Diliard

He set himself up for the failure last year there's no denying that.

But hes drafted solid prior to that, in 2007 every single player helped in the SB win, from Bradshaw, to Boss to Ross. All of them helped with the win and without them the Giant's dont have the miracle '07 run.

He's drafted guys like Nicks and JPP, DeOssi has been a rock on special teams, Prince is the clear number 1 CB on the team and will be for years (unless he decided to go all diva). Kenny Phillips and Chad Jones would of held down the secondary if both of them didnt come to career ending injuries.

He's missed on most of not all of his mid to late round LBs but I think that has more to do with the fact that fuck the Giant's just cant seem to coach or get any LBs to work.

Guys like Brewer and McCants at the time were solid picks, I remember Kiper going ape shit that the Giant's got Brewer when he did since he could of been the next all time great tackle, but when you pick late round you're taking a gamble regardless.

I'm not giving JR a pass because he's set himself up for failure with ignoring depth at the O-line, however I don't think him or the coaches expected Snee to turn into a cripple and Beatty to do his best turnstyle impersonation.

No GM can predict what will happen to a team, and people act like every other team out there gets value out of every single selection they make. I remember for a time when the NE couldnt draft a single starter in the first three rounds of the draft and the common joke was they should just trade back until round four.

He set himself up for the failure last year there's no denying that.

But hes drafted solid prior to that, in 2007 every single player helped in the SB win, from Bradshaw, to Boss to Ross. All of them helped with the win and without them the Giant's dont have the miracle '07 run.

He's drafted guys like Nicks and JPP, DeOssi has been a rock on special teams, Prince is the clear number 1 CB on the team and will be for years (unless he decided to go all diva). Kenny Phillips and Chad Jones would of held down the secondary if both of them didnt come to career ending injuries.

He's missed on most of not all of his mid to late round LBs but I think that has more to do with the fact that fuck the Giant's just cant seem to coach or get any LBs to work.

Guys like Brewer and McCants at the time were solid picks, I remember Kiper going ape shit that the Giant's got Brewer when he did since he could of been the next all time great tackle, but when you pick late round you're taking a gamble regardless.

I'm not giving JR a pass because he's set himself up for failure with ignoring depth at the O-line, however I don't think him or the coaches expected Snee to turn into a cripple and Beatty to do his best turnstyle impersonation.

No GM can predict what will happen to a team, and people act like every other team out there gets value out of every single selection they make. I remember for a time when the NE couldnt draft a single starter in the first three rounds of the draft and the common joke was they should just trade back until round four.

When Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie chose the New York Giants over the New York Jets two weeks ago, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that it was due in part to Big Blue's "detailed plan" for the cornerback.

Speaking at the NFL Annual Meeting on Wednesday, coach Tom Coughlin revealed those plans.

0ap2000000335923.jpg

Vote for the greatest QB of all time:

NFL.com asks fans for their votes, starting with 32 QBs from four different eras of NFL history. Vote now!

"Are you the best receiver of their team? (He's) following you then," Coughlin said, via The Star-Ledger. "He's physical enough. When you watch him closely, he doesn't shy away. He's got great big long arms, he's tall, he's fast, he can match up."

Jacquian Williams, Andre Brown (and we would have gotten a lot more if he didn't tear his achilles), a few years of Tyler Sash...

Then we have the guys that were just starting to bloom when they had injuries: Goff, Koets. Especially Koets--his knee set us back years at center.

Cruz, Blackburn as UDFAs. I'd look up more, but I can't be bothered.

Suggest you look at some of the drafts under Accorsi, and some of those later round picks. Maybe check out some of the eggs George Young laid in the 80's in the first round. Then trot over and see what Ozzie Newsome is doing.

Re-copying my post from the overall draft thread:

Reading up on this kid. Holy shit - he ran for 2,177 yards last season!

Very impressive. Also a high-character guy who was an academic honor student - he's a poet, and his teammates call him "Edgar" after Edgar Allen Poe.

Earned a bachelor's degree in applied psychology and human development major from Boston College's Lynch School of Education in December 2013; graduated one semester early ... served as a teaching assistant for freshman seminar entitled "Courage to Know" in the fall 2013 semester

2013:

- started all 13 games at running back

- recorded school records for rushing attempts (355) and rushing yards (2,177); captured the NCAA statistical championship in rushing yards and rushing yards per game (167.5)

- earned the Doak Walker Award given annually to the nation's premier running back

- named one of six finalists for the Heisman Memorial Trophy

- named one of five finalists for the Walter Camp Football Foundation Player of the Year award

- finished the season ranked fifth among all FBS running backs in the history of college football in rushing yards - behind Oklahoma State's Barry Sanders (2,626; 1988), Central Florida's Kevin Smith (2,567; 2007), Southern California's Marcus Allen (2,342; 1981) and Iowa State's Troy Davis (2,185)

- captured All-America first-team honors on all five postseason squads officially acknowledged to achieve unanimous All-America status - the American Football Coaches Association, the Associated Press, the Football Writers Association of America and Sporting News and the Walter Camp Football Foundation ... was a unanimous selection to the All-Atlantic Coast Conference first team by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association as well as the ACC Coaches

- captured the George "Bulger" Lowe Award given to New England's best offensive player by the Gridiron Club of Greater Boston

- earned the Harry Agganis Award given to the most outstanding senior football player in New England by New England Football Writers Association

- became the 16th player in FBS history to rush for 2,000 yards in the regular season; broke the 2,000-yard plateau in the team's 29-26 win at Maryland (Nov. 23) in the 11th game of the season

- established four of the top-five single-game rushing records in school history

- matched his - and the school's - career high with 42 rushing attempts for a Atlantic Coast Conference-record 339 yards and two touchdowns in a 38-21 home win over NC State (Nov. 16); surpassed Mike Cloud (1,726; 1998) for the school single-season record against the Wolfpack and earned Walter Camp Football Foundation National Player of the Week honors for his efforts

- rushed 30 times for 295 yards and two touchdowns in a 48-34 win at New Mexico State (Nov. 9)

- carried 32 times for 263 yards and two touchdowns against the Terrapins

- recorded 30 rushing attempts for 263 yards and five touchdowns in a 48-27 home win over Army (Oct. 5); matched Montel Harris for the school record for rushing touchdowns in a game and concluded the contest one yard shy of Harris' 264-yard output (a school record at the time)

- rushed 35 times for 204 yards and one touchdown in BC's 24-10 home win over Wake Forest (Sept. 6)

- earned ACC Offensive Back of the Week honors three times - on Sept. 9, Nov. 18 and Nov. 25.

This is a great pick in the 4th round!!!