SportsWrath

Weston Riceburg

BlueInCanada

Nice job getting the name right Canuck

It was the pick I was expecting. As far as who starts at center, remains to be seen since being drafted does not guarantee you as a starter. I can see Walton starting this year and Richburg the next. If Walton doesn't hold up, we still have Richburg.

Riceburg.

So competition. That's fine. I think Richburg wins.

He's definitely in a good place to do it. With Walton being out last season and a new FA, AND the new offense just being unveiled a few weeks ago; being the veteran doesn't really provide that much of an advantage.

Let's just hope that the best man wins, rather than the lesser of two evils. Sorry for the cliches.

I have been perusing the web and reading up on Richburg. Apparently, there are 6 teams that need a center this year. If you can believe everything you read, the Packers wanted Richburg and were hoping he'd fall to them in the second and considered him the top center in the draft. Dittos with Atlanta.

Richburg is an honor student and grades high in the intelligence department. He loves learning the more technical aspects of the game that many players struggle with. When at the combine, he said that Coughlin and McAdoo talked with him at length - far longer than any others and got into some very deep thoughts on complex schemes, which thrilled Richburg because he loves that stuff. He was excited just to be able to discuss these things because it's something that he simply loves - studying game film, and understanding schemes.

And he obviously isn't a pussy if he broke his right hand and played anyway learning to use his left hand to hike the ball. Classy, smart guy, that should become the anchor in the line for the next dozen years.

I like that the Giants have chosen 3 team captains with their first 3 picks. Shows they are looking for high character, highly motivated leaders without any baggage to bring with them like "failed drug test in 2010", "DWI", "disciplined for off the field....", blah, blah.

Yeah, I don't think drafting three Captains is a coincidence. Clearly, they are looking for guys who will "buy in". That also infers to me that maybe that attitude and mindset was missing from last year's locker room. We got some hints, hearing grumbling that some guys could stand to spend more time watching film at home and then hearing that Hakeem Nicks was fined numerous times for being late. I think "character counts" was a bigger part of the approach this year.

Yeah, I don't think drafting three Captains is a coincidence. Clearly, they are looking for guys who will "buy in". That also infers to me that maybe that attitude and mindset was missing from last year's locker room. We got some hints, hearing grumbling that some guys could stand to spend more time watching film at home and then hearing that Hakeem Nicks was fined numerous times for being late. I think "character counts" was a bigger part of the approach this year.

Have to groom leaders of the future on the team now. Tuck was a leader and he is gone and Snee is a leader and he is most likely gone at the end of the season along with Rolle.