SportsWrath

Manningham/Giants reunite?

MikeGL

There are a lot of guys on the team that if they don't perform this year, they may be gone next. Lots of deals being set up, it seems, to allow the team to jettison the player if they so choose with little damage done to the cap...again, it seems it's going this way...I've not examined every deal in detail

Yeah, JPP going into his contract year and Prince. I would think Prince is the priority.

Yeah, JPP going into his contract year and Prince. I would think Prince is the priority.

i bet prince becomes the latest 1st round pick that we just let leave because of all these cbs we're signing

If Rolle isn't extended, his salary/cap space becomes usable on the likes of Prince...

This makes sense. He knows Eli and vice versa and they have connected in the past - one season (2010) for 60 passes caught for 944 yards and nine touchdowns. He's only 27 years old and still in his prime if health is there. A one year contract is not a big risk at all. Hope he stays healthy and puts it all together for a banner year.

I recall Manningham stepping in nicely when Nicks went down.

I'm not calling Manningham a #1 WR.....but I remember when people didn't think Steve Smith was a legit #1 guy, he stepped up for 100+ catches and 1200+ yards in 2009.

I'm not saying Manningham = Smith......Smith was always a possession first type of guy. But I remember going into 2009 when alot of people didn't think Smith could carry the load, and he did.

I also look at what Drew Brees has done in NO.....again, not calling Eli Manning another Drew Brees.....my point is that you can spread the ball around and have a dynamic offense without a Calvin Johnson....... Tom Brady is another example of this.

I'm hopeful the McAdoo can push the right buttons to get the most out of Manningham, Cruz, Jernigan, Randle, and whomever else they bring in after the draft.

I'm not calling Manningham a #1 WR.....but I remember when people didn't think Steve Smith was a legit #1 guy, he stepped up for 100+ catches and 1200+ yards in 2009.

I'm not saying Manningham = Smith......Smith was always a possession first type of guy. But I remember going into 2009 when alot of people didn't think Smith could carry the load, and he did.

I also look at what Drew Brees has done in NO.....again, not calling Eli Manning another Drew Brees.....my point is that you can spread the ball around and have a dynamic offense without a Calvin Johnson....... Tom Brady is another example of this.

I'm hopeful the McAdoo can push the right buttons to get the most out of Manningham, Cruz, Jernigan, Randle, and whomever else they bring in after the draft.

Or Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay...where did McAdoo come from?

Up until last season, Manning has done a pretty good job of spreading the ball evenly. If the final form of the oline jells, I don't see why that wouldn't happen again.

So, in summary:

Manningham isn't Nicks.

Manningham isn't Smith.

Manningham isn't Johnson.

Manning isnt Brees.

Manning isn't Brady.

CHAMPIONSHIP!

Steve Smith wasn't a legit #1. Manningham couldn't make # 3 on a team that didn't have great WR's. Fact is, he can't stay on the field long enough. It's a lazy fix because to add him as depth means you stop looking for stitches and slap a band aid on.

What is the status of Brandon Marshall?

Steve Smith wasn't a legit #1. Manningham couldn't make # 3 on a team that didn't have great WR's. Fact is, he can't stay on the field long enough. It's a lazy fix because to add him as depth means you stop looking for stitches and slap a band aid on.

What is the status of Brandon Marshall?

Manningham was a fine 3rd wide out in 2009 and 2010. He can stretch the field, it's a no risk signing. Brandon Marshall isn't happening.

Manningham was a fine 3rd wide out in 2009 and 2010. He can stretch the field, it's a no risk signing. Brandon Marshall isn't happening.

my car was new in 2009 and 2010. now its got 85k on it and a deer hit the front fender.

The problem with Manningham is the knee. It's not like he's a guy that's going to beat you with brains and savvy... he beats you with speed...and if that's gone, he doesn't have much to fall back on.

I agree. This is a really well-thought out analysis.

If Rolle isn't extended, his salary/cap space becomes usable on the likes of Prince...

KFFL is reporting that Rolle is considering restructuring his contract downward in exchange for a couple of years added to the contract. That would be a blessing.

From KFFL:

Giants | May look to sign Antrel Rolle to extensionWed, 19 Mar 2014 12:09:45 -0700

The New York Giants may consider signing FS Antrel Rolle to a contract extension in order to reduce his $9.25 million salary cap hit for next season. Share: | Source: ESPN.com - Dan Graziano - See more at: http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl/new-york-giants#sthash.SHEsRdNw.dpuf