SportsWrath

Manningham/Giants reunite?

MikeGL

He's worth checking out....if the price is right.

Like alot of guys, he had issues with the old offensive system.....but as other have pointed out, he's made some huge plays for this team.

He's worth checking out....if the price is right.

Like alot of guys, he had issues with the old offensive system.....but as other have pointed out, he's made some huge plays for this team.

He isn't because Manningham does not improve us at WR. Manningham is not a number one receiver and excelled when he had Nicks at the top of his game and Cruz emerging into a huge threat. At this point it really looks like the Giants plan on going with a WR in round one.

He isn't because Manningham does not improve us at WR. Manningham is not a number one receiver and excelled when he had Nicks at the top of his game and Cruz emerging into a huge threat. At this point it really looks like the Giants plan on going with a WR in round one.

I really hope not. The value of a 1st round offensive lineman is simply higher than a 1st round wide receiver.

They can get a talented WR in rounds 3-4......the NCAA is filled with guys that can stretch the field.

No. When they move on I would prefer they stay gone.

Jacobs was solid when he returned.

I think Manningham is fine....but wouldn't overspend for him.

Frankly, I think Reuben Randle, Jernigan, Cruz, and maybe Manningham would give Eli plenty of options.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m

Giants and Mario Manningham have agreed to a one-year deal, per source.

Unreal - unreal in that I cannot get over how active the Giants are in free agency. I've never seen them come close to being this active in free agency. This is either the 9th or 10th signing so far. Usually it's between 1 -3.

The overhaul begins!

This makes sense. He knows Eli and vice versa and they have connected in the past - one season (2010) for 60 passes caught for 944 yards and nine touchdowns. He's only 27 years old and still in his prime if health is there. A one year contract is not a big risk at all. Hope he stays healthy and puts it all together for a banner year.

Unreal - unreal in that I cannot get over how active the Giants are in free agency. I've never seen them come close to being this active in free agency. This is either the 9th or 10th signing so far. Usually it's between 1 -3.

The overhaul begins!

Exactly what I've been thinking! It's like JR Gone Wild!

This makes sense. He knows Eli and vice versa and they have connected in the past - one season (2010) for 60 passes caught for 944 yards and nine touchdowns. He's only 27 years old and still in his prime if health is there. A one year contract is not a big risk at all. Hope he stays healthy and puts it all together for a banner year.

I was gonna say no to Manningham. But since it looks like its a done deal, I guess it could work out well. Crossing fingers.

There are a lot of guys on the team that if they don't perform this year, they may be gone next. Lots of deals being set up, it seems, to allow the team to jettison the player if they so choose with little damage done to the cap...again, it seems it's going this way...I've not examined every deal in detail

His whole problem while he was here was running the correct routes. If McAdoo is keeping the route trees but simplifying the reads, we might be pleasantly surprised. Assuming his knee is good.

Running the right routes was a problem, Plus the guy was constanly stepping outta bounds just before a huge catch. Use to drive me crazy

they signed him, right? dumb, lazy move. why don't we bring in Ramses as well? Thee most important aspect of Eli's game is confidence in his receiver corp. Have we addressed replacing NIcks- NO. Have we addressed tight end? (actually that's a real question, i don't know).

The overhaul begins!

That's because we also lost a lot of guys either by them jetting or us not wanting them back... I totally expected the volume just not the really good choices.

they signed him, right? dumb, lazy move. why don't we bring in Ramses as well? Thee most important aspect of Eli's game is confidence in his receiver corp. Have we addressed replacing NIcks- NO. Have we addressed tight end? (actually that's a real question, i don't know).

we don't need to replace nicks. we have our #1 in cruz

we don't need to replace nicks. we have our #1 in cruz

Yeah if the idea is to not have a large physical receiver who can stretch the field, Cruz is definitely the number 1. I'm more afraid of what Randle will do to us than our opponents.